When did you get your Seahawk on?

When did you be come a Seahawk fan

• Been a fan since 1976

Votes: 39 23.5%
  • Became a fan in the first few years.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Been a fan since the Chuck Knox era.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Amazingly became a fan during the down years of the early 90's.

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Been a fan since the Holmgren era.

Votes: 42 25.3%
  • New fan. "go hawks!"

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

The Radish

Reaction score
I'd been a serious NFL fan since about 1958, caught them whenever I could. Big Green Bay fan because of Vince Lombardi. Kind of went away from them when he left and a guy named Chuck Noll took over the worst franchise in football. Followed through the 70s, and got interested in the ninnirs in the 80s as I loved Joe Montana and had been in the Coast Guard in the Bay area.

All my bowling friends at that time seemed to be Ray-Duh fans and after years of listening to them I realized I needed a team of my own because then as now Ray-Duh & ninnir fans were mostly complete idiots. So I seriously got on board with the Seahawks. I was traveling a lot then and we camped a lot of weekend so didn't keep much track until 1998 when I got involved in a fanstop site for the Seahawks.

Met all those people and that bloodbath of a site when Todd started what became this place. Been here every since. Now no longer an NFL fan just a Seahawks one.

:les:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Became a fan in 2003/2004, was a 49er fan growing up in the 80's and mid-90's. Became a Panthers fan when they were an expansion team and because I liked the colors. Became a Bucaneers fans from 1997-2003, Loved their dominating defense and enjoyed watching them when it all in 2002. Started watching Seahawks in 2003-2004.

Converted to Seahawks during that time-- Mainly because I loved their new colors/look and I was glad they were in the NFC. I hated the AFC teams especially, Denver, Oakland. So I had no interest in Seattle when they wore the Silver and Blue played in the AFC.

I've been a diehard fan ever since that time. Which means this year will be a decade for me on the Hawks train.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Wow. I'm surprised to see the #1 answer is "since the Holmgren era".

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Got home from military service in 1978. Never watched an NFL game up to that point, just College.
Just by chance I happened to glance at the TV on a MNF game of Sea vs Atl. Hererra was lined up to kick a FG, faking it as Zorn tossed Efrin a pass for a Seahawk FIRST DOWN. Seattle goes on to win an exciting game in OT 31-28 IIRC.
I was hooked.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Day one... Didn't even know Seattle was getting a team, but I was in Gresham, OR at the time when mom (Steeler Fan from Pittsburgh) said "Oh, this is the new football team, I guess they will be local here". I saw those colors and immediately knew that they were for me. It was all that Black and Gold crap prior to that and the Steelers had some ugly unis, plus they had Lambert, who is scary to a 9 year old.,

drdiags

Reaction score
HansGruber":37em8rmz said:
Wow. I'm surprised to see the #1 answer is "since the Holmgren era".

Think of it more like 8 to 3 for fans prior to Holmgren. (83 to 30 as of this posting of fans prior to Mike).

volsunghawk

Reaction score
November 16, 1981.

Nationally televised MNF.

Seahawks 44, Chargers 23.

My 10-year old self's first exposure to that "new" team up in Seattle. I started out as a Cowboys fan (I was living outside of Austin, TX), but since every kid in my school was a Cowboys fan, I wanted to be different. My dad was from Seattle, so that (plus those sweet unis) was all the excuse I needed.

A

Anonymous

Watched the very first (televised) game on the carpet in front of the TV as a 5th grader.

Never looked back.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Was only 5 when the team was born, but I remember it clearly. Aunts and Uncles and friends coming over to my house, lots of drinking and eating of pizza and nachos, folks hootin and hollerin and acting crazy, I was a fan from that point on. Sorta fell out of touch in the mid/late 90's as I was in Saints country so I couldn't watch a lot of games. Went to one in the Superdome which we lost but rooted for the Hawks in the middle of Cajun country.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"Sinceday1" of the franchise. Born and raised in Spokane and visited Seattle many times growing up as there was/is family there (also lived there 7 years as well when in my 20s). As soon as I knew my home state was getting a team, they were "it" and still are and always will be.

BioDawg03

Reaction score
I was born in 1980, my parents had season tickets and for as long as I could wear it my favorite T-Shirt was my Seahawks AFC Championship game shirt.... gotta be hard up when you wear a T-Shirt for making the semifinals of the playoffs!

Throughout my youth my walls consisted of Steve Largent "Blue Angel", Kenny Easely "The Enforcer" and The Land of Boz posters.... and I was permanently hooked when my mom knitted a gift for a local disabled child to give Largent when he went up to a Hawks game.... Largent sent a hand written and signed letter thanking my mom and I thought that was the coolest thing ever and showed that the Seahawks players cared about their fans! (I was young).

Surprisingly I think I have easily attended far more games in the Kingdome than I have in Qwest/Clink because all of my ticket money went to Husky tickets once I got close to college age and started attending UW and since.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Started sneak watching on Sundays after church (we weren't allowed to watch TV on Sundays) when Knox was still coaching and I was in kindergarten, but my fanhood really blossomed in the early 90's I'd say when I was a bit older and understood the game much better.

hawker84

Reaction score
day one, my first favorite player was Jacob Green.. Actually got to meet him, was a very small kid, remember how big his hands were when we shook hands.

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
Moved to Seattle in '03, lived at 6th & Yesler and could here the games from my apartment. I became a die-hard fan that year but moved back to Austin in '06.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
'Hawks have been my one and only team since I started watching football as a kid, which happened to be in the Knox era. I was more of a casual fan until the mid/late 90's when I was in the Navy. I got a lot more serious then, probably just because of all the fans of other teams that liked to talk smack. But I had one buddy from Cd'A that was a serious Seahawks fan, so we stuck together. Been a die-hard since.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1rr57etl said:
Bakergirl":1rr57etl said:
(we weren't allowed to watch TV on Sundays).

I blame that for the way my life turned out.

:mrgreen: Hehe me too. I would have preferred the Seahawk Sunday school to the Mormon one. So glad those years are behind me.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Parents had season tickets at the kingdome since day 1. I was raised going to the dome and cheering the hawks. Sadly, they are older now and gave up the tickets a couple years after the hawks moved outside (mom couldn't take the weather). Now both my boys are die hard Seahawks fans.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
I was 9 years old when I switched from the Redskins to the Hawks.....the day the franchise was announced.

Latest posts