Where Do The Hawks Stand in the NFC?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dan Orlovsky, ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback rated the top teams in the NFC this way. Agree? Disagree? Where would you place the Seahawks in the NFC hierarchy heading into the 2023 regular season?

Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers

Out of those teams listed I would say:

Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
Detroit Lions
Seattle Seahawks
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers

Rat

Reaction score
People are anointing the Lions way too damn early. They have one season where they were only sort of bad and suddenly they're the '07 Patriots.

I don't agree with him on the Saints either, who I think are going to be shockingly bad this season. I'd have us fourth after the Eagles, Niners, and Cowboys.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Pretty much agree with you though would probably put the Saints above the Giants. I also think the Vikings are missing on that list I would pyut them above the Giants and Packers.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Pretty much agree with you though would probably put the Saints above the Giants. I also think the Vikings are missing on that list I would pyut them above the Giants and Packers.
Agreed, the Vikings should be on the list. Love is too much of an unknown to put the cheeseheads over them.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Dan Orlovsky, ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback rated the top teams in the NFC this way. Agree? Disagree? Where would you place the Seahawks in the NFC hierarchy heading into the 2023 regular season?

Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers

Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
Detroit Lions
Seattle Seahawks
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers
I’d put Seattle right with the cowboys tied for 3rd. If we had any other QB, who had the same stats as Geno last year, we would be higher on his list. People still aren’t sold that Smith will be as good this year.

bileever

Reaction score
I don't disagree with Orlovsky except for the Saints. As @Rat says, I'm not buying the Saints. Derek Carr was their only off-season signing. They drafted Bryan Bresee, who is looking like a bust. Yes, the defense was good last year, but they still went 7-10 in a pretty lousy division.

I think we're right in the mix with the Lions and the Cowboys, with not much separating us from them. But the Lions were 9-8 and finished the season much stronger than we did. Their defense went from 32nd in the league in the first half to the 11th in the second half. And then they added some nice pieces this off season. We'll see how the Cowboys do without Elliott and Pollard coming back from injury. I don't think Deuce Vaughan is the answer.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I think there is a chance Seattle is the #4 seed and NFCW champs but, I'm still not sold on Geno rising to the occasion in big games.

There is no doubt Geno is a better QB than Russ when it comes to playing within the system. It's just that I haven't seen him step up to the plate in big games.

Geno kind of reminds me of Hass, but better at the deep ball.

Last edited:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I don't disagree with Orlovsky except for the Saints. As @Rat says, I'm not buying the Saints. Derek Carr was their only off-season signing. They drafted Bryan Bresee, who is looking like a bust. Yes, the defense was good last year, but they still went 7-10 in a pretty lousy division.

I think we're right in the mix with the Lions and the Cowboys, with not much separating us from them. But the Lions were 9-8 and finished the season much stronger than we did. Their defense went from 32nd in the league in the first half to the 11th in the second half. And then they added some nice pieces this off season. We'll see how the Cowboys do without Elliott and Pollard coming back from injury. I don't think Deuce Vaughan is the answer.
The argument for the saints is their schedule. They play a veritable dumpster fire of QBs the entire season. Just the NFCS is Baker, Young and Ridder for 6 games.

LTH

Reaction score

Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Lions
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers

Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
Detroit Lions
Seattle Seahawks
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers
I think Seattle on paper, has the potential to beat any of these teams. That being said we have not seen the ones much so I'm guessing.

Philly
Seattle
SF
Lions
Dallas
Saints
Giants

Weadoption

Reaction score
Espn power index chart below is an aggregator.
Hawks are lower than i would have thought.
But to me the key issue is your Year 2 tackles on your O line, and i think this is where you could very well see a big increase in performance that will translate well to both the run and pass game. That’s what concerns me the most as, the year 2 jump for them affects everything the offense does getting the ball to your skill players. And Geno, given the time l, throws as good of a deep ball as i’ve seen, it’s odd to me the league dosent talk more about his season last year. So ya, I think the Hawks could be really good this season. And if DreMont and Mafe(another key Year 2 guy)shine up front on D, that’s a team to fear.
The Niners have some things, we can do stuff too. And now Jesus plays for us.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I think the Vikings are going to have a better season than Detroit. The lions need to prove they belong first. I think they can do it; I just need to see it.

Philly
SF
Seattle
Dallas
Vikings
Lions
Saints
Giants

as others have stated: The NFC is WIDE open.

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
The argument for the saints is their schedule. They play a veritable dumpster fire of QBs the entire season. Just the NFCS is Baker, Young and Ridder for 6 games.
Brings up a good question.

I haven’t seen a “strength of schedule” reported yet, but I have to assume ours is pretty rough.
That late 4 week stretch where we have the 9ers twice is brutal.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Tier 1: Niners, Eagles, Cowboys

Tier 2: Vikings, Lions, Packers, Hawks, Giants

The Packers are a sleeper team. Love will play well & surprise some people. That defense is better than advertised. They're a team that can contend for a playoff spot.

The Hawks belong somewhere from 4-8, as far as best in the conference.

Last edited:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'd put Seattle above Detroit and New Orleans and Minnesota might be above Seattle. But really it goes more like tier 1 Philedelphia, San Francisco Dallas tier 2 Seattle, Minnesota, Detroit tier 3 everyone else.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Yeah. I was just going to say I would replace the Packers with the Vikings.

As for the list, put the Eagles and 49ers on top and everything else is a crap shoot.