• No

Votes: 99 90.8%
  • Undecided, depends what the return is

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":3nivb2zw said:
pretty simple was a Seahawks fan before Wilson and will be after. So I will root for the hawks all the time, root for Wilson except when he plays the Hawks.
Your nose is getting longer? :sarcasm_on: :stirthepot:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2w69xzrk said:
I am confused why someone would not be able to root for the Seahawks and root for Wilson if he ended up on another team.

Depends on how the player leaves.

Richard Sherman, Alex Rodriguez, plenty of examples of players who ripped or abandoned their team on the way out the door. So no, not always the case.

If Russell leaves under good circumstances where we get a bunch of 1st rounders and he wishes everyone well and goes to a new team? Sure, I'll root for Russ. He's a good dude.

But if he undermines and craps all over the team on his way out the door minimizing what we get in return? Nope, hope he loses every game he plays in.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
First year he has said something like this in the media. You're acting like this is a regular thing with him.
This isn't even close to as bad as Sherm, Earl, Doug and Bennett all calling out the coach, QB and team.

Oh well, I give up...….finally. Not even worth talking about Russ these days. People have their minds made up about the guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11hmq3g4 said:
First year he has said something like this in the media. You're acting like this is a regular thing with him.
This isn't even close to as bad as Sherm, Earl, Doug and Bennett all calling out the coach, QB and team.

Oh well, I give up...….finally. Not even worth talking about Russ these days. People have their minds made up about the guy.

I didn't say it was the same as what Sherm said, I said it'll depend on how Russ leaves...........if he leaves.

I still don't like what he said, I don't see how it helps the team. It's a passive aggressive way of trying to put pressure on your organization to make changes, probably because he didn't think Pete and John were taking him seriously enough.

So to the press he went. Lame.

Forthewin

Reaction score
They could cut the entire team and I wouldn't care, I would go watch the Seagals!

Someone mentioned it. You don't hold on to every play for dear life through the 80s and 90s and just let go! This is an abusive relationship, If the Hawks can't have me as a fan, no team can have me!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Players and coaches come and go.

You still root for the team.

I am born and raised in Seattle.

It’s always the team first.

You will eventually get new players and new coaches and the organization inevitably changes their personnel, etc. but you always root for the team no matter who calls the shot and who plays the game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Did we stop being Seahawks fans when Largent retired? No. There have been players through the years that have left that I’ve been sad to see go, but my allegiance remains to the silver, blue and green with the fictional bird helmets for life!

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
No, I was a fan long before Russ came along.

If they go 20 years without the playoffs like the Mariners, I'll barely follow them.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I will always be a Seahawks fan. The team goes above all else.
They were here before Wilson, and they'll be here after Wilson. Go Hawks

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":14rw341j said:
Well so far 8 flakes.
3 are undecided to be fair..
They must be waiting to see if RW plays above last season or not.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":osqu7178 said:
chris98251":osqu7178 said:
Well so far 8 flakes.

Why they are flakes, this should not be a decision.

If you have to decide whether your a fan of a team or player you already decided.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Was Seahawk fan prior to Russell Wilson and will continue to be after he is gone. Hopefully he plays his entire career in Seattle but if he doesn't, it won't impact my allegiance to the team. If Pete Carroll or JS left, it wouldn't change my allegiance either.

evergreen

Reaction score
Always a Seahawks fan first. I still revere Sherman and expect a statue of him outside the stadium. He was a Dick but he was our Dick. ET, well, that's a little different. He pretty much pooped in the rotunda... But like another poster said, mismanagement at the ownership level could be a deal breaker. As in Behring and Flores, that did make me turn away. I disengaged some during the early 90s. For a QB with more wins in 9 years than anyone, I expected better play than I've seen for months.

Rat

Reaction score
CBJ was probably my favorite Seahawks QB ever. If I'm still rooting for the team with him under center, I'm rooting for the team no matter who is.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":2tcdrp17 said:
IndyHawk":2tcdrp17 said:
chris98251":2tcdrp17 said:
Well so far 8 flakes.

Why they are flakes, this should not be a decision.

If you have to decide whether your a fan of a team or player you already decided.
To take that further, if that's where someone is at, they only became a Seahawk fan because of said player. I can't see any way someone could be a Seahawk fan prior to a player and stop being a fan after any particular player came to, then left the team

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
What a foolish question. I was a Seahawks fan long before Wilson came along, and I'll be a Seahawks fan after he's long gone, whether that's this year or a decade from now.