Which players' break out season could impact '21 most?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3k4b9uyy said:
Jordyn Brooks

He's going to really flash this season and come into his own. He will be our starting MLB next season

This I fully expect.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maulbert":2axcctpg said:
DK Metcalf. Hear me out.

120+ catches. 1,700+ yards. 18+ TDs.

A Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones type season.

That would be cool to see but the Seahawks won’t throw the ball that much for Metcalf to get those stats.

Seattle will run the ball a lot, at least, try to and DK will see 8-12 targets a game. Averaging 8 receptions a game. Maybe 90 yards average.

He’ll 6-7 games where he goes for 110 plus yards but can’t expect to see him going for 120+ yards a game and 2 or 3 TDs every game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
6'-6" TE Cam Sutton = Supper Bowl!! jk.....I'm really liking Brooks, Adams, Ford, Greene, & DK Metcalf really stepping up their games.
I'm also going to go out on a limb here, & predict that between Jackson, Brown, & Lewis, our O-Line is going to be next level nasty good.

Maulbert

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":35au59r2 said:
Maulbert":35au59r2 said:
DK Metcalf. Hear me out.

120+ catches. 1,700+ yards. 18+ TDs.

A Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones type season.

That would be cool to see but the Seahawks won’t throw the ball that much for Metcalf to get those stats.

Seattle will run the ball a lot, at least, try to and DK will see 8-12 targets a game. Averaging 8 receptions a game. Maybe 90 yards average.

He’ll 6-7 games where he goes for 110 plus yards but can’t expect to see him going for 120+ yards a game and 2 or 3 TDs every game.

8 catches a game is 136 receptions.

Just so you know, a line of 119/1,700/17 will be a game average of 7/100/1.

Jville

Reaction score
At this time of the year, I focus on training camp and the preseason which serve as the means for putting a team together. I like to look for team improvement thru depth and overlooked players that can bring competitive pressure to training camp and help expand the useful play book for coordinators.

Overlooked Tyler Mabry will surprise many fans. He has the make up to move around. He'll provide the competitive pressure at tight end and will probably get some practice field looks at fullback. Gerald Everett is an idea mentor to show the way with a seasoned understanding of Shane Waldron's offense. Tyler will bring the competitive pressure as a move tight end that will benefit many.

Ahkello Witherspoon is another to keep an eye on. He had a recent video interview over at seahawks.com. Pete Carroll acknowledged that he has kept an eye on Ahkello and that he was the sole veteran to join the rookies for rookie OTA. Obviously there is a sense of urgency. But, he comes across as confident in his ability. He'll bring competitive pressure to training camp which will push those around him to get better including the receivers that go up against him.

Marquise Blair may be the forgotten one at safety. If healthy coming back from injury, he could help create a case for more in the way of big nickle personnel. The defensive backfield should thrive with a lot defensive backs who offer uniquely varying attributes. The staff has a lot to chose from in play to play match ups.

I think there is a lot going on with depth in the defensive line. Identifying those that excel at dropping into coverage may have an impact on this years roster. I would think we will see plenty of zone blitz again this year. This training camp is an opportunity to follow up and build on last years aggressive approach. If I read the defensive toxicity charts correctly, they have a lot of improvement via reducing explosive pass plays (4th most last year). With zone blitz, the linemen that can both pass rush and drop into coverage are a big plus in creating uncertainty. There should be a couple of linemen who emerge as the best options for doing both. However with so many good looking competitors, I'm at a loss to identifying who is most likely to emerge.

Intrigue builds with all the unknowns going into June. Looking forward to training camp and how the competition unfolds.

Go Hawks!

Jville

Reaction score
I can't believe I left out Darrell Taylor. Given his potential impact on the defense and the coaching staff's anticipation, he'll be at the top of the list of who to look and listen for. The defense was the more interesting group in 2020. That process will continue in 2021.

All second year holdovers should benefit greatly from much better opportunities during this year's training camp and preseason. I think we will see more constructive training camps and preseasons ...... league wide. This maybe a more unpredictable year with regards to perceived strength of schedule and other pecking order guesses. I would think the potential for egg on the face among media and fortune tellers is even greater this year.

This is going to be a great year.

Go Hawks!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I think Bryan Mone is poised to have a big year!

Chawker

Reaction score
Toffee here are my two players to keep your eye on in 2021.

Offense : Tamorrion Terry WR 6'4" 210 Florida ST. Yes, he is a rookie, great hands with the ability to get open and can leap like a gazelle. Should become a real factor down the stretch to the play offs.

Defense : Darrall Taylor OLB I believe by mid season this guy will be known as a terror around the league. Will remind you of another great LBer named Taylor.

Both of my guys may have a slow start to the season but, watch and see. :beating: :beating:

zchurch74

Reaction score
IF Collins stays healthy all season I’m betting he rushes for over 1000 yards and has at least 8 touchdowns.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Chawker":1dscf2ik said:
Toffee here are my two players to keep your eye on in 2021.

Offense : Tamorrion Terry WR 6'4" 210 Florida ST. Yes, he is a rookie, great hands with the ability to get open and can leap like a gazelle. Should become a real factor down the stretch to the play offs.

Defense : Darrall Taylor OLB I believe by mid season this guy will be known as a terror around the league. Will remind you of another great LBer named Taylor.

Both of my guys may have a slow start to the season but, watch and see. :beating: :beating:

I hope so too, and I believe in these two. It would be wonderful if our Darrall could play like the other LB named Taylor :)