Which qbs will be avaliable at 13?

Weadoption

Reaction score
this would be my ideal for 2024 draft.
Geno is under contract for a decent price and the man can still play. His regression this season can be attributed to O line health and scheme, imo. Dude can hit the outs like Aikman and still has a beauty deep ball. And he’s clutch, he really is pretty fkn clutch.
Hawks need to mass picks and avoid the temptation for Penix, a haul like this would let them address Oline, S, LB and D line, and maybe even CB. in this league if you ain’t taking a CB prospect every year you are doing it wrong.
Woolen worries me, that’s another part of drafting another CB.
Same with Lucas, don’t want to draft another OT, but how do you not with his knee? How do you not look to replace Woolen or at least put him on notice with a draft pick that his job ain’t safe. Look for a Purdy late. Hedge the fk out of this draft. Draft down in 2025 as well for that matter, all leading into a new team sale that has been stockpiling talent and picks, ready for a new owner/coach to come in make a big move for a free agent qb or one in the draft. Massing future high picks via trade(hello DK), would make this team even more attractive to the future head coach pending the inevitable team sale right around the corner perhaps.
IMG 0985

ivotuk

Reaction score
Trade up with an AFC team to the #5 pick. The Chargers don't need a QB, they need draft capital. It's easier to trade with a team from the other conference.

12forlife

Reaction score
Trade up with an AFC team to the #5 pick. The Chargers don't need a QB, they need draft capital. It's easier to trade with a team from the other conference.
Only if Maye or Daniels is available. Then yes if the new coach likes a guy? We could wait until next year, should be a real good QB class next year also.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Marino was drafted #27.
Rodgers was drafted #24.
Brady low, Montana low and Moon wasn't drafted.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Someone above said Atlanta will take Penix at 8 (iirc). I am a HUGE fan of the young man and I've seen his every throw at U-dub, many close up, and also many (on tape) with Indiana. I said this in a different thread a couple months back and I mean it more now than I did then, Mike is not a top 10 pick. He may not be a top 20 pick.

He certainly has the arm and he has the accuracy. Give him a clean pocket and he'll cut the D to shreds. But he's not always going to get the pockets in the NFL that he enjoyed at the Dub. The poor kid has been hurt physically and it's easy to see that hurt him mentally. If pressured he can get rattled and in his own words sometimes "hears ghosts". He said that late Monday night and I really wish he hadn't. Hears ghosts, sees ghosts...he's going to have a hard time in the interviews. I hope he get's at least one big contract. Hopefully from Atlanta. Good luck Mike and thank you for the great memories.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Can someone explain the glow stick? And why he likes to make sure everyone knows he’s hurt?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Welll......if some folks get the HC they want (Harbaugh), what are the chances that JJ declares for the draft and Harbs brings him here? I've seen his draft projections come in anywhere from late 1st to the 4th round. Some folks (including Harbaugh) have compared McCarthy to Andrew Luck, with more athleticism....

CPHawk

Reaction score
Welll......if some folks get the HC they want (Harbaugh), what are the chances that JJ declares for the draft and Harbs brings him here? I've seen his draft projections come in anywhere from late 1st to the 4th round. Some folks (including Harbaugh) have compared McCarthy to Andrew Luck, with more athleticism....
Please no. I’d rather stick with what we have. JJ just seems like a guy who isn’t going to be a nfl starter for long.

Give me the LB from Michigan at 16 instead

Last edited:

Chawker

Reaction score
Drafting with the 16th pick gives us flexibility to move up, down or stay put.

I seriously doubt the option of moving up for a QB, but if the right player fell to us, it would be great. But given our current situation I wouldn't rule out trading out of the first round in hopes of picking up a 2025 2nd round pick.

Trading up 10%
Staying put at 16 60%
Trading out of round 1 30%

getnasty

Reaction score
Trade back into the late first and early second and draft Nix. I'm letting Geno go but keeping Lock. Let Nix's and Lock battle it out for 2024.

OP
OP
WarHawks

WarHawks

Reaction score
Trade back into the late first and early second and draft Nix. I'm letting Geno go but keeping Lock. Let Nix's and Lock battle it out for 2024.
Not completely sold on Nix, but it's hard to argue with this, if he indeed lasts that long. Even trading back to the bottom of the first for a late 2nd would be fine if Nix was the best available. All college qb's have flaws. Williams, Maye, Daniels, Penix, all of them.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Trade DK, and get some more draft picks. Use them to move up and take a better receiver, there will be good QB's in the range of Seattles pick. PC ****** the team over, for a fantasy play for the playoffs. Spilled milk, but the FO should have demanded that Lock play, and get some experience. All Carroll did was make their starter make money at the expense of the future of the team.

GemCity

Reaction score
Don’t….trade…..DK…..

Unless you’re talking a complete rebuild.