Who’s your Seahawks Mount Rushmore

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yes, if you pick any two of Engram, Doug or Lockett, their combined stats would break Largent's records... pretty sure they would, anyway. It took Jerry Rice a while to pass SL80, it'll be a while until any Seahawk WR surpasses #80, if ever.

Yeah his career stats were impressive.

Last edited:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
You must either be a new fan or are on the younger side having not put a guy like Walter Jones on this list. He’s likely the best left tackle to ever play the game. It’s your opinion and you’re certainly entitled to it. 😊👍
I set a very high bar for my Mt Rushmore.
They must have played in, and won, a minimum of 1 Superbowl.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I would put Wilson below Dave Krieg and Jim Zorn and it has nothing to do with recency bias. Having been a Seahawk fan since expansion in 1976, I can't think of a single player that has caused me to curse at my television with pent up frustration more than Wilson. I truly only loved him as a player for about five years and then I was completely done with him. The decrease in fandom wasn't gradual. It was almost overnight, and it was thorough. Regardless, the only imaginable way that one could make his relentless, habitual "3 and outs" more tolerable would be if you invited a dominatrix over to watch the game with you. In other words, someone that could professionally find a way to convert pain into pleasure. Seriously, the year before he was traded, I vowed to completely stop following the team until Wilson was gone. It was my fandom ultimatum. The team could either have me or Wilson but not both. In fact, you could easily verify that claim with just my posting history on this site. My fandom completely disappeared for an entire season. I can very, very easily identify with the Cowboy fans that are revolting because of Dak Prescott. I know the feeling because I lived it.
Yeah, no way is Russ on the Mt. Rushmore for me.

He threw the game-losing pick in the SB. I still think if the pass was more accurate, ie, on the numbers, MAYBE it could have been caught.

He wasn't good, nor clutch in the playoffs. Not good enough to carry the team in the playoffs, while being made the highest paid NFL player, at the time.

Lastly, he became more about his personal brand, than the team. The standard for being on Rushmore should be more than just stats.

Players like Kam and Big Walt still live in the Seattle area. They bleed blue and green. Russ? Not so much.

olyfan63

Reaction score
No Dan McGuire? Why??????
I never heard any reports of McGwire grabbing his position coaches by the neck and throwing them to the ground. But you're right, I should take Bosworth off the list and replace him with Malik McDowell. It's just that McDowell never played a snap for the Hawks, but hey, he was *under contract*, so, the updated anti-Rushmore... (Assault, murder, firearms incidents, DV, run-ins with cops)

Percy Harvin, Brandon Browner, Earl Thomas, Malik McDowell

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Walter Jones
Largent
Tez
Easley

I honestly dont know how this is even a debate. I can't imagine there's a team with such a clear top 4.
I think Wagz has a very strong argument for top 4, edging out Easley.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I set a very high bar for my Mt Rushmore.
They must have played in, and won, a minimum of 1 Superbowl.
I think Munoz has a slight edge over Jones but it's certainly not a lock. Jones was an All Pro in a golden age of LTs, including fellow HoFers Ogden and Pace. I think he only allowed 9 or so sacks in his career and 2 of them were in one game against the eventual DPOY, in his last game ever due to his injured knee. He has the best claim for best Seahawk of all time. No Jones, no Largent, no Tez.... that isn't even remotely realistic.

Last edited:

Mase

Reaction score
Four Favorite Hawks- Alltime
Rufus Porter
Bobby Wagner
Walter Jones
Cortez Kennedy

For Best Hawks - All Time
Jones
Wagner
Kennedy
Chancellor

Neither Wilson nor Largent would sniff my top ten of either category. If you had a Talented Fan Favorites category, then they would be at the top.

Mase

WarHawks

Reaction score
Four Favorite Hawks- Alltime
Rufus Porter
Bobby Wagner
Walter Jones
Cortez Kennedy

For Best Hawks - All Time
Jones
Wagner
Kennedy
Chancellor

Neither Wilson nor Largent would sniff my top ten of either category. If you had a Talented Fan Favorites category, then they would be at the top.

Mase
Nice. How about:
Easley
Jones
Kennedy
Wagner

Best Seahawks of all time?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jerrramy Stevens, Kelly Jennings, Tony Dorsett, Lamar King
Is this the one on the way to the restrooms?
Those are part of the "WANTED" posters at the Post Office near Mt. Rushmore. Kelly Jennings is wanted for "impersonating an NFL defensive back", Tony Dorsett is wanted for impersonating a younger version of himself, Jerramy Stevens is wanted for fleeing the scene of a crime (SBXL) and Domestic Violence, and Lamar King is wanted for false advertising. Now these are petty, boring crimes. My Post Office Poster list had murders, assaults, gun crimes, resisting arrest, and threesomes. Way more exciting.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I have no clue as my Seahawks Mt Rushmore would be like, Tez, Kennedy, Lynch, LOB (I.e. Literally L.O.B letters we know who they were) otherwise its damn near impossible imo to contain it to 4, it would Have to be like a top row, of 4, Tez, Kennedy, Jones, Largent, then a bottom row, Sherm, Kam, Lynch, Earl, or really small heads with the SB trophy in the middle of each 4
OR lol like Tez, Kennedy, Largent, SB Trophy repping that whole team.