Who’s your Seahawks Mount Rushmore

massari

Reaction score
Was born in the early 2000s and have only been watching since around 2011 or so.....

Wilson
Beast
Wagner
L.O.B.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I know this is up to fan interpretation and everyone has their favorites, but I don't think you can have a "Mt Rushmore" without Big Walt !!

Mine personally would be:
Walt
Tez
Kam
Largent

getnasty

Reaction score
Crazy how people view Kam. I love the guy and great player but he was probably the 4th best player on that defense, not of all time but specifically that defense.

I'll go Wagner, Tez, Walt, Largent

BASF

Reaction score
The jump from Hawthorne to Wagner is the most underrated thing that happened in the Pete Carroll era. I liked David Hawthorne. He was a solid MLB, but he was no where near as good at directing the D-Line in where the play was going and what they needed to do as Bobby. Couple that with his ability to take that instinct and knowledge to his first step and burst to his sure tackling was amazing. There is realistically only two MLBs that I would take before Wagner in the time I have been watching football (1980), and that is saying something. Of any of the Carroll era players belong on Mt. Rushmore for the Seahawks, it is him. However, I chose Carroll himself as without his system and choosing those players for his system, most of them would not have been as successful.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Steve Largent: The greatest wide receiver in the entire history of the N.F.L.

Joe Nash: Solid as a rock, anchoring the defensive line from 1982 - 1996, played in 218 games which is the most of any Seahawk ever.

Shaun Alexander: Most rushing yards in team history, most touchdowns in team history, most points scored by a non-kicker, our only N.F.L. M.V.P., etc. etc. etc. He was actually featured on the front cover of Sports Illustrated.

Matt Hasselbeck: Greatest quarterback in team history, led the Seahawks to our first Super Bowl.

(Wilson is obviously out, and irredeemable, for bailing on the Seahawks and stabbing us all in the back. So, he is dead to me in terms of being a "Seahawk.")

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Steve Largent: The greatest wide receiver in the entire history of the N.F.L.

Joe Nash: Solid as a rock, anchoring the defensive line from 1982 - 1996, played in 218 games which is the most of any Seahawk ever.

Shaun Alexander: Most rushing yards in team history, most touchdowns in team history, most points scored by a non-kicker, our only N.F.L. M.V.P., etc. etc. etc. He was actually featured on the front cover of Sports Illustrated.

Matt Hasselbeck: Greatest quarterback in team history, led the Seahawks to our first Super Bowl.

(Wilson is obviously out, and irredeemable, for bailing on the Seahawks and stabbing us all in the back. So, he is dead to me in terms of being a "Seahawk.")
I have a guy on the Bears forum saying Largent was too slow (4.7 in 40) to play in today’s NFL, would be covered by a linebacker,etc. DJ Moore is Usain Bolt compared to him, blah, blah. Total disrespect.

My question: Would Largent in 2023 be Pro Bowl, average WR, or too slow to make the roster? If he ran 4.7 at the combine, he might go undrafted.

BASF

Reaction score
I have a guy on the Bears forum saying Largent was too slow (4.7 in 40) to play in today’s NFL, would be covered by a linebacker,etc. DJ Moore is Usain Bolt compared to him, blah, blah. Total disrespect.

My question: Would Largent in 2023 be Pro Bowl, average WR, or too slow to make the roster? If he ran 4.7 at the combine, he might go undrafted.
He was one tenth of a second slower than Cooper Kupp, who is the best receiver in the league currently. I doubt your Bears forum buddy knows what he is talking about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet, Largent ALWAYS found himself seemingly wide open. There's football speed, and he had enough to get it done. Add that to top 5 best hands of all time imo, and his incredible route running. He's an all-time great, period.
Jerry Rice wasn't a burner, he turned out fine. Speed is pretty damn overrated imo. You either get the job done or you don't.
Angry Doug wasn't a burner at all, he turned out ok.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

Largent had terrific hands and caught most everything thrown his way. Drops from Largent were about as rare as a Haley comet sighting. Speed doesn't mean diddly squat if you can't catch the ball. Just ask Renaldo Nehemiah or Devon Allen (more recent track star to play in the NFL).

I don't like comparing eras. Steve Largent was the best in his era. That is all that matters. Why is a bears fan chiming in on a Seahawk Mt. Rushmore? Who cares what they think anyway. Does a lion concern itself with the opinion of the sheep?

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Largent had terrific hands and caught most everything thrown his way. Drops from Largent were about as rare as a Haley comet sighting. Speed doesn't mean diddly squat if you can't catch the ball. Just ask Renaldo Nehemiah or Devon Allen (more recent track star to play in the NFL).

I don't like comparing eras. Steve Largent was the best in his era. That is all that matters. Why is a bears fan chiming in on a Seahawk Mt. Rushmore? Who cares what they think anyway. Does a lion concern itself with the opinion of the sheep?
I come here to get the views of Seahawks fans who know more about Largent than do Bears fans. I am a longtime Bears/Seahawks fan, and will admit my Largent bias. It all started on the Bears forum when I said JSN reminds me a lot of Largent with his superb route running.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I come here to get the views of Seahawks fans who know more about Largent than do Bears fans. I am a longtime Bears/Seahawks fan, and will admit my Largent bias. It all started on the Bears forum when I said JSN reminds me a lot of Largent with his superb route running.
I'm sorry if my post offended you. That was not what I intended. I was referring to the guy you mentioned on the Bears forum who was talking out of his arse regarding Largent. Probably didn't even see him play. If he had, he wouldn't be commenting as he did. Largent showed enough football speed to make great plays offensively and some defensively during his career. Furthermore, Largent was most likely the main reason anyone knew the Seahawks in the late 70s through early 80s. The only piece that consistently got national recognition.

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'm sorry if my post offended you. That was not what I intended. I was referring to the guy you mentioned on the Bears forum who was talking out of his arse regarding Largent. Probably didn't even see him play. If he had, he wouldn't be commenting as he did. Largent showed enough football speed to make great plays offensively and some defensively during his career. Furthermore, Largent was most likely the main reason anyone knew the Seahawks in the late 70s through early 80s. The only piece that consistently got national recognition.
He is hung up on Largent’s 4.7 time in the 40. He says the cornerbacks today would be too fast for him. Being at least .3 seconds faster in 40 allows them to close the gap after separation to catch up and disrupt the pass. That’s his belief.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He is hung up on Largent’s 4.7 time in the 40. He says the cornerbacks today would be too fast for him. Being at least .3 seconds faster in 40 allows them to close the gap after separation to catch up and disrupt the pass. That’s his belief.
It's a strange thing to be hung up on. Most HOF WRs prior to 2010 would probably fit in that category.

Chawker

Reaction score
Steve Largent, Watler Jones, Cortez Kenndy and Bobby Wagner.

2 offensive, 2 defensive. Paul Allen should be there too.

Last edited:

Latest posts