Who is our next QB? 70 million would be useless with no QB?!

Boycie

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3u5cofza said:
I have no idea, but I can tell you this.

It's HIGHLY unlikely John and Pete just traded the most successful QB in franchise history without already having targeted their next QB, and his name isn't Drew Lock.

My hope? Give Baltimore a 2nd and a 3rd for Tyler Hundley. Dude's perfect for how Pete wants to run his offense. Big, athletic, strong accurate arm, and a baller.

Go get him.

This all day^ Use some of that capital to get Huntley.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TwistedHusky":kknsqfrm said:
Good god.

If Huntley is the best option for our future we are screwed.

You know he sucks, right?

And our QB has to be good enough to offset Carroll's horrific gameday decisioning. The list of QBs that can do that is very very short.

It has to be Watson.

In the games I watched of him I was electrified. He played extremely well and thought if the dark day of yesterday were to ever occur, I would love to snag this kid.

Mizak

Reaction score
Trade 2nd Round pick from Denver, 5th round pick from Denver, Drew Lock for Jimmy G. 9ers have back up QB. Seahawks have game manager in Jimmy G who shouldn’t need to pass the ball much since he’s comfortable with running the ball. Besides, with Jimmy G as their QB, 9ers were 5th in offensive rushing.

hawks85

Reaction score
If they do anything it will be in free agency. I don't think they make a move for a QB this year. They will load up on defense and worry about a QB next year when the draft class is a lot stronger. Locke will most likely be the starter this year. I know some mouth breather is gonna be like blah blah blah. Who are they gonna get this year QB wise? I wouldn't be surprised if they go after a Josh Allen or a Mac Jones in a trade. Never say never.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Doubtful the Digits would trade Jimmy GQ w/in the Div.

The team now has about $49.5 million in available cap. One would hope they have a better plan than Lock to replace Wilson and I'd suspect there could be another similar place holder addition while the team looks for their new franchise QB.

Frankly notwithstanding the angst at the loss of Wilson the team got a reasonable package of compensation for him in a situation where he might have caused further difficulty off the field behind the scenes and would have been unlikely to be able to be re-signed anyway. It was simply time to fish or cut bait and the team cut bait.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":z16ftxwn said:

The team now has about $49.5 million in available cap. One would hope they have a better plan than Lock to replace Wilson and I'd suspect there could be another similar place holder addition while the team looks for their new franchise QB.

Frankly notwithstanding the angst at the loss of Wilson the team got a reasonable package of compensation for him in a situation where he might have caused further difficulty off the field behind the scenes and would have been unlikely to be able to be re-signed anyway. It was simply time to fish or cut bait and the team cut bait.

Even with their cap needs, I doubt the Niners even consider Seattle for the reason you said. I can see them trading JimmyG for a third to Indy rather than take us up on the generous offer above. And if not that, doing a deal with the Giants, Bucs or Eagles.

They will certainly try to get Watson if they don't think the NFL will sit him. They have after all had convicted felons as starters on their team before. The reputational risk comes down basically to seeing if what he is charged with criminally is likely to end up with him on a sex offender registry. If that's the case, they might make a move to get Minchew or Mariota at best.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Trade down out of that 8th spot, pick up another 1st round pick for next season. Tank it with Lock and continue to sell, sell, sell. If they don’t land in the top 3 selection. Use that 2023 draft ammo to trade up and get their guy. Although I’m uneducated on how much better the next QB class is compared to this one which has 2013 vibes.

massari

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2erhiolo said:
I think it's Watson IF he settles out of court, and IF there is not a long suspension.
Even If he gets suspended for the whole season, it wouldn't count against the cap, and won't take any years off his contract. So that doesn't seem like much of an issue when you consider they'll likely take a couple more years to build around him into actual contenders anyways. It might even be a blessing to sort of tank to get better picks, and roll some salary cap over.

I'm hoping for Watson if the legal issues get settled, or to completely tank next season to get C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young or whatever other great QB prospects are in the 2023 draft

u0087966

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":qu8obnb1 said:
Trade down out of that 8th spot, pick up another 1st round pick for next season. Tank it with Lock and continue to sell, sell, sell. If they don’t land in the top 3 selection. Use that 2023 draft ammo to trade up and get their guy. Although I’m uneducated on how much better the next QB class is compared to this one which has 2013 vibes.

I wouldn't mind getting Bryce Young in the 2023 draft. This feels like a "Tank for Tua" or "Su*k for Luck" scenario.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Rebuilding with a 97-year-old HC veering into senility makes no sense. (70, 97 ..same thing)

He probably has (max) 5 years left.

A rebuild would take 3-4 maybe longer.

We don't want to rebuild. We want to plug Watson in, try to fill some gaps and acknowledge that we aren't a SB contender but we might be able to at least reasonably expect to get to the playoffs for a few years.

djb28

Reaction score
I'm thinking we grab Matt Ryan. We can compete with him. He can play short game extremely well and he will know what to do with DK!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2di8cqu8 said:
Rebuilding with a 97-year-old HC veering into senility makes no sense. (70, 97 ..same thing)

He probably has (max) 5 years left.

A rebuild would take 3-4 maybe longer.

We don't want to rebuild. We want to plug Watson in, try to fill some gaps and acknowledge that we aren't a SB contender but we might be able to at least reasonably expect to get to the playoffs for a few years.

Unless you think Watson is a much better QB than Wilson, this comment makes no sense.

We literally just traded away this scenario that hasn't worked in a decade.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Give me Minshew for now and Will Levis in 2023 (unless Minshew somehow turns into a franchise guy)

getnasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2hsfyorq said:
Watched plenty of Ravens games last year, because if you love defense - they are a fun team to watch.

I also love John H as a coach.

Whenever I saw him, Huntley made a lot of bone-headed decisions and bad throws. I could be misremembering, but I saw him miss some throws where the target was running free uncovered.

He might be OK for a stopgap, he isn't going to be good enough to overcome Carroll's simplistic game plans.

Not even sure we would be a wildcard with him.

I'm not sold on Huntley but i will say he balled out last year and in my opinion looked better then Lamar. I think the Ravens get a first rounder for him.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I really don't know any of the draft guys and people say it is a weak class.

but in perusing, I wouldn't mind a flyer on Desmond Ridder. Trading for somebody or waiting until next year if they don't like anybody in this draft would work too and just stick to roster building right now.

[youtube]DIIsMTNLx7Q[/youtube]

zchurch74

Reaction score
I’m really disappointed no one has called out the Seattle savior Nathan Michael Peterman…

Cmon, I this guy is bringing the noise back to the LU!!!

Hawknight

Reaction score
jammerhawk":em1ymyc7 said:

Is the available cap that high currently? I thought it was approximately $33 million, but with all the changes perhaps that is likely. San Francisco's D carried Jimmy, with our current team his flaws would be magnified even if we were somehow to take him. For those wanting Watson, as much as I would love to see him play in a Seahawks uniform, is the risk worth it for potential future legal issues? I think now's the time to rebuild the D and Offense, take advantage of those teams hurting cap wise. We are in a great position to fill some holes, resign some players. I say let Lock take the reigns for a year, it's a rebuild anyways, no matter how you look at it. Worst case, we get a higher draft pick next year to go with our current cache of picks and get a better selection of QB's in the 2023 draft. NO matter what we put together, along with the new coaches, new players, and everything else in flux, this team isn't going to gel together in a season.

xray

Reaction score
LegionHawk12":298ryg3q said:
Office could throw a massive curveball and take a shot with Colin Kaepernick.
^
Why not ? The kneeling chit ? Everybody was kneeling for awhile . He is 34 but hasn't played since 2017 . He isn't banged up . One year deal if the Hawks can't bring in someone more permanent .

Latest posts