Who was the most over payed/under payed Hawk of 2020?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Overpaid - Greg Olsen - $6.9 million
Underpaid - Metcalf - $1 million

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Over = Second Half Russ and Olsen
Under = DK

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawks2022":36q8aqlc said:
Over payed = Hollister 3.2 million
Under payed = Adams 825K.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/

I don't think Hollister was overpaid, it's just that he didn't massively outplay his contract. IIRC Hollister got minimum salary last year and massively outplayed that, so the team rewarded him this year for his play last year. The Hawks seem to do that; they did it with Kearse, for example. Overpaid him a bit after his clutch plays in the playoffs and such.

Overpaid: Russell Wilson, Greg Olsen. Olsen might have been a better value if he stayed healthy.
Underpaid: DK Metcalf, DJ Reed, Damien Lewis

I don't think Wilson was worth his big contract this year. Not 100% his fault, but we were probably 2 players away, 2 players we couldn't afford. Maybe 2 OL, or 1 OL and one more pass rusher. An Avril/Bennett DE/DT and another good OL put us over the top. Two trips to the Owl on Russell's rookie contract, not a sniff since, not a coincidence.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We had 2 players on our roster to start the season who could have been difference makers to our final outcome. Blair and Irvin. Both defensive players who in Blair's case addressed coverage issues, and in Irvin's case addressed pass rush rotation.
Our offensive shortcomings are harder to pinpoint, other than relying too much on long ball instead of focusing on moving the chains. Moving the chains is predicated by strong O Line play.
The point is you can't pay everyone top dollar, even though winning is known to to dependent on TEAM effort. Maintaining a top heavy cap structure limits quality depth. Using the business model where the CEO is making 50 times what the line guys are making is ridiculous. No CEO alive can make that business thrive without quality line employees.
We don't need to move our best players to other teams. We need to restructure top heavy contracts to a level more conducive to TEAM success. All players talk the talk about how winning is the most important thing to them, but when it's contract time it's nothing but me-me-me.

Latest posts