Reaction score
Alexander would be my first pick.

Edgar Martinez would be my second.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Cartire":1ua4zjz7 said:
Alexander would be my first pick.

Edgar Martinez would be my second.

Edgar would be cool. But not for the season opener, national TV against the 49ers. It's got to be a Seahawk.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
JSeahawks":11mej9nl said:
Good.

Holmgren. Or Zorn Or Alexander.

Gotta be one of those 3.

I'm down with Holmgren-me and a bro are in Amsterdam to see Soundgarden tomorrow night and he just asked me who was raising the flag this week. I detailed that most people were guessing Macklemore or Holmy and I told him about the Macklemore Gore jersey incident and we laughed at the idea of the 12th Man Flag raising video showing a still of that jersey with the "Gore SUX" quote prior to a game vs the Niners.

Then we noticed he is performing in AMS on the 18th and I checked the rest of his tour schedule.

Decimation

Reaction score
Holmgrem would be awesome! Somebody that gets the fans really pumped up.

Slick

Reaction score
Macklemore. Never. IMHO. We're straying too far from the premise of Seahawk lore. Before long, Miley Cyrus will be Twerking the 12th Man pole to raise the flag. All sorts of wrong in that sentence.

themunn

Reaction score
On a day where the 12th man are trying to break a record it should be a randomly picked member of the crowd. the 12th man raises the flag

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
themunn":3etbo8l6 said:
On a day where the 12th man are trying to break a record it should be a randomly picked member of the crowd. the 12th man raises the flag

We're tryna break the sound barrier this game, idk if a random fan no one knows would fire people up

JSeahawks

Reaction score
themunn":kg55orda said:

That would be about as inspiring as Roger Goodell raising the flag. Imo.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Slick":24yfmlul said:
Macklemore. Never. IMHO. We're straying too far from the premise of Seahawk lore. Before long, Miley Cyrus will be Twerking the 12th Man pole to raise the flag. All sorts of wrong in that sentence.

Aside from the downright ridiculousness of the Miley reference-what do you mean? We have had a freaking mountain climber raise the flag and many other Seattle luminaries that have nothing to do with football raise the flag. What about the Tuskegee airman or Bill Russell? What do they have to do with the NFL?

To me, the ceremony of raising the 12 Flag is enough to get me nuclear. Not every flag-raiser inspires me to the level of Paul Allen but there are different tastes and a finite number of realistic alternatives.

I don't even like Macklemore's music or musical genre (don't hate it either-just not my taste) but I COMPLETELY understand the appropriateness of him raising the flag.

Curious why you don't.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
YES! Now we can hopefully see an actual football player and/or local SPORTS star.
Gary Payton would be an outstanding choice, especially coming off his HOF entry.

Of course, my vote for worst all time might be Drew Carey. UGH

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Save Holmgren for the next time we host an NFC Championship game.

And the Pike Place Fish tossers will forever hold my vote for worst choice of flag raisers.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Holmgren would be awesome. I can't wait until the game. I'll be there.