"Why Richard Sherman can't let go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27uxv8v1 said:
hawknation2017":27uxv8v1 said:
This whole story can be summed up as, competitive players don't like losing.

You don't make it to the NFL without the drive, determination and competetiveness to not like to lose.

That's no excuse for going off on your teammates, coaches and local media throwing tantrums. People need to stop giving Sherman a pass cause "that's just Richard he hates to lose!"

Because more drama and infighting will make this team better?

I agree that Sherman needs to do a better job reigning it in when times get tough. And I believe he can do it.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I think the article is great! It really gives some perspective on what is really happening on this team. Bennett standing up for Russ doesn't surprise me either. Remember "protect the team". I find the Richard Sherman stuff the most interesting and I also think he is a costic employee. His attitude brings down the team, you don't win as an individual, you win together. I understand why he had a chip on his shoulder, originally, but now he's had money, success, and fame for quite a few years. When we won the big game and so many of these guys were so young, I truly believed it can to early. Athletes that experience success at the beginning of their career sometimes don't realize how precious success is to the rest of the players that wish they could play Seahawks football!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nf87bz5 said:
hawknation2017":2nf87bz5 said:

You don't make it to the NFL without the drive, determination and competetiveness to not like to lose.

That's no excuse for going off on your teammates, coaches and local media throwing tantrums. People need to stop giving Sherman a pass cause "that's just Richard he hates to lose!"
There is also no excuse for shoddy journalism.

A major fact in the Times story was dead wrong.

I took journalism in highschool decades ago, and the always said verify your facts with at least 2, preferably 3 independent sources before you start claiming things as fact. So the goober at the Times either is an incompetent or lazy reporter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3t9073ds said:
Sgt. Largent":3t9073ds said:
hawknation2017":3t9073ds said:

I took journalism in highschool decades ago, and the always said verify your facts with at least 2, preferably 3 independent sources before you start claiming things as fact. So the goober at the Times either is an incompetent or lazy reporter.

Very true, but these issues are still real and apparently ongoing, or at least ongoing through the off season.

Some people are trying to pretend it's 100% fabricated, or it's the media being the media. The media doesn't just make up stories, at least not somewhat credible media outlets. So these issues DO exist.

Are they going to rear their ugly head again in 2017? We'll see, I hope the players can grow from the experience and get back to football. We'll see.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Were these alleged ribs store bought do you think? Because that would be the REAL scandal. One could deduce that since Bennett is defending him that these were not store bought ribs.

SO!

It begs the question....or rather questions.

Does Wilson cheat and boil the ribs first? Do they ever go in the oven? Probably not. I net dude's got the finest tregger or green mountain that money can buy with many different types of pellets. I doubt it's a webber because that's just not big or efficient enough for larger parties.

But yet there are more questions: strictly dry rub or is there sauce? And if so, are we talking a Louisiana, Carolina, KC, other?

These are important questions. Questions that need answering.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1jeq4ves said:
Were these alleged ribs store bought do you think? Because that would be the REAL scandal. One could deduce that since Bennett is defending him that these were not store bought ribs.

SO!

It begs the question....or rather questions.

Does Wilson cheat and boil the ribs first? Do they ever go in the oven? Probably not. I net dude's got the finest tregger or green mountain that money can buy with many different types of pellets. I doubt it's a webber because that's just not big or efficient enough for larger parties.

But yet there are more questions: strictly dry rub or is there sauce? And if so, are we talking a Louisiana, Carolina, KC, other?

These are important questions. Questions that need answering.

"In order to make great ribs, the separations in the preparation. I'm the first one in the kitchen, and the last one to leave. My dad told me when I was little that someday I'd grow up to make some of the best ribs ever, and I truly believe that.

So when someone asks me if we can eat some of my delicious ribs, I tell them..............Why not us?"

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38vbefja said:
Sports Hernia":38vbefja said:
Sgt. Largent":38vbefja said:
hawknation2017":38vbefja said:

Very true, but these issues are still real and apparently ongoing, or at least ongoing through the off season.

Some people are trying to pretend it's 100% fabricated, or it's the media being the media. The media doesn't just make up stories, at least not somewhat credible media outlets. So these issues DO exist.

Are they going to rear their ugly head again in 2017? We'll see, I hope the players can grow from the experience and get back to football. We'll see.

It's only "real" if you believe Sherman still hasn't let it go and isn't committed to reigning things in now. It's merely a regurgitation of previous media blather if you believe Sherman has already begun to reign things in.

The article is written with a specific nihilistic agenda. This is Sherman's opportunity to prove it false. I'm rooting for him.

razor150

Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is fire. I can't help but feel their is truth in this. A lot of it adds up. Just from the outside, the offense isn't held to the same standard as the defense. Wilson can throw a few interceptions, is harassed the entire game, and the offense score 3 points, and all you hear about is how great of a guard Ifedi is. It's like when this team speaks about the offense everyone is in lala land. I've seen plenty of fans on this very forum get tired of that, just imagine what it is like for a player when one of the single largest reasons the team has lost games is because the offense is consistently not upholding it's end of the bargain.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yzgortj said:
JTB":1yzgortj said:
The conversations turned into Sherman asking, "How do we get back to playing at the highest level?"

Shut up, stop being a distraction and go intercept some passes.

So we going back to playing lots of man coverage or what?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
First off: mmmmm .... ribs

Second: Let's get this defense all nice and salty for the upcoming season. They could us a fresh coat of "We all we need".

hawknation2017

Reaction score
mrt144":3mcpp1a7 said:
Sgt. Largent":3mcpp1a7 said:
JTB":3mcpp1a7 said:
The conversations turned into Sherman asking, "How do we get back to playing at the highest level?"

Shut up, stop being a distraction and go intercept some passes.

So we going back to playing lots of man coverage or what?

And letting him lock down the left side of the field. :stirthepot:

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":1mjhb8qu said:
"Sherman appeared on SiriusXM NFL Radio to deny the reports.

"It's just a bunch of nonsense from 'anonymous' sources," Sherman said. "Can never put much gravity of things like that."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711 ... ell-wilson

Nothing new there. Sherman has denied virtually all negativity brought up against him, even when there is solid proof otherwise.

In other words, he is a proven liar.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":1arokaqa said:
Anthony!":1arokaqa said:
"Sherman appeared on SiriusXM NFL Radio to deny the reports.

"It's just a bunch of nonsense from 'anonymous' sources," Sherman said. "Can never put much gravity of things like that."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2711 ... ell-wilson

Nothing new there. Sherman has denied virtually all negativity brought up against him, even when there is solid proof otherwise.

In other words, he is a proven liar.

IMO, the "lie" was the breaking point that instigated Sherman's self-reflection, the open trade discussion, and Sherman's new determination to help us win by reigning things in. He was exposed by an unforgiving social media landscape in the same way Doug Baldwin was exposed two years ago. Two years later, Baldwin has been nothing but a committed teammate and one of the most efficient players in the league at his position. Since then, Sherman has been basically quiet. He returned to voluntary workouts before the draft and while trade discussions were ongoing and is said to be working extremely hard during the workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts