Why so serious?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Why is there so little understanding to losing a single football game to a good team on the road? Disappointing? Sure, but screw the Niners. They aren't even on the radar of attention after that squeaker. The difference in the two teams is that they can't ball with Seattle in the Clink, but the Seahawks can play with the Niners on the road. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out that Seattle moved the ball well against the Niners. Willis, Bowman and company? They can't stop Baldy, Tate, Kearse and Miller from getting 10 yards. Only Seattle can stop Seattle and it "appears" in stats that Seattle did stop Seattle with penalties.

Could it have been done? Sure, in fact the Hawks had the lead in the game late, traded leads like 5-6 times. Played pretty solid overall but made a mistake on Special Teams and on the Gore run. IT HAPPENS. It was a good game, the Niners won and forget them, there are much bigger fish to fry in this kitchen. The Niners? They may never be able to beat Seattle again in the Wilson era. If after all the crap the Hawks went through yesterday, they were still in the game, Wilson will own them in SF next time. If THAT is the number one road block to the Super Bowl, the Hawks are sitting pretty through 2015. Just imagine the feeling of a Niner fan. I sat with 2 of them in my living room along with another Seahawks' fan. They are scared of the Seahawks and feel fortunate to even be in the playoff mix after yesterday. They aren't even sure they are good enough to make it back to Seattle, because they know the road goes through Seattle.

That game was a hard-core practice game, that does nothing to affect the season, it only hones the skills and physical needs of the machine that is the Seahawks. There is no need to over analyze the tie breaker or any other BS related to seeding, the Seahawks are the #1 seed and will continue to be.

Go Hawks!

JonRud

Reaction score
I am much more upset over the injury to Wright than I am about the loss.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Special teams and a few horrendous calls cost us this one on the road to a good team playing the best game they could possibly play. We're getting that 1 seed, the next two months are going to be fun.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2dmc1dqs said:
Special teams and a few horrendous calls cost us this one on the road to a good team playing the best game they could possibly play. We're getting that 1 seed, the next two months are going to be fun.

The calls were not the reason we lost, we did not play our best game but still could have one, this is just a bump in the road. I wish people would stop being babies and blaming the refs and just take the loss.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Did I say they were the reason we lost? I said they had an impact and they were not good calls. Good thing you're here to keep us all in line though. Don't know what we'd do without you.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think it's because 1. We were ahead in the 4th and totally crapped our pants like we haven't done all year, and 2. there's a perception that the refs had a hand in the game.

Obviously 1 is legit, I can't believe our D folded like that. Having the lead with 6 minutes left and not getting the ball back is hard to believe.

#2 is touchy. The refs obviously had some questionable calls and non-calls going both ways, but there were several that absolutely crippled drives we had going.

I don't think it's about the loss, it's about the circumstances of it. If the Hawks win the next two, everyone will forget about it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":ewdr7m3b said:
I think it's because 1. We were ahead in the 4th and totally crapped our pants like we haven't done all year, and 2. there's a perception that the refs had a hand in the game.

Obviously 1 is legit, I can't believe our D folded like that. Having the lead with 6 minutes left and not getting the ball back is hard to believe.

#2 is touchy. The refs obviously had some questionable calls and non-calls going both ways, but there were several that absolutely crippled drives we had going.

I don't think it's about the loss, it's about the circumstances of it. If the Hawks win the next two, everyone will forget about it.

I think it's about the fact that it's the 49ers, and just on principle it sucks whenever they win and certainly when they win at our expense.

Personally I'm still salty about this loss despite not thinking it's going to be very meaningful in the grand scheme of the season, and it's all about the fact that we lost to those douchebags.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The problem with always losing close is that there's always some play or 2 which would have made a huge difference. With our current team, we have to resign ourselves to the fact that our losses are going to be a case of woulda-shoulda. That's a good problem to have, because it means the team continues to do things right even in a messy game. No reason to panic over close losses.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I had two fears. Injury and yellow laundry. Both came very true.

Otherwise, it took about 5 seconds to realize we still have a virtual two game lead over the Saints, a real two game lead over the Niners, one road game vs a bad team, and a damn good team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They lost a tough game to a tough team. Splits with the Niners are likely the norm for awhile. They are sitting at 11-2 with a 2 game lead, 3 to play. Not worried one bit, this team will learn from this.

OP
OP
loafoftatupu

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just see a great outlook on this team's future. They aren't the kind of team that suffers a crisis that another team can expose. The Hawks seemingly improve when faced with adversity and if you really think about, every game they have played in SF since Carroil took over has been closer and closer. 2010, they killed us, 2011, we held on until the end and had a couple returned kicks kill us but it was closer, 2012, the Hawks came within 7, 2013 the Hawks came within 2. It is no different than the road wins and their improvement over the years. Consistent improvement all around and in 2014? See ya SF.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm actually ok with it, but I can't stand the Niners and hate losing to them.

NO looked damn good last night. If the Niners go there again, it's likely they lose, so we might not even see them again. Depending on seeding and how the Panthers do, it's possible the Niners do go to NO.

I'm ok with things. Giants are very beatable (3-3 at home), Cards and Rams at home, which should be wins (and I'm not expecting blowouts).

tdlabrie

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2d1ygv1e said:
I think it's about the fact that it's the 49ers, and just on principle it sucks whenever they win and certainly when they win at our expense.

Personally I'm still salty about this loss despite not thinking it's going to be very meaningful in the grand scheme of the season, and it's all about the fact that we lost to those douchebags.
This! It's tough taking their crap about how they're "such a great team", yada, yada.

Pretty funny though to realize that any Whiner who bet on their team with the Vegas book lost! :D

RiverHawk

Reaction score
Yes, Yes, Yes....great points made. IF the Niners make the playoffs all roads will have to go through Seattle. Disappointed yesterday, yes I am, but I still know that we have the better team and that the only thing that won that game for the Niners is one huge play by Gore. We should be more concerned about the injury to KJ. The announcer said that he threw his helmet and bumped into a person (non-player) and that he threw his helmet and hit someone in the face (who?).

OrFan

Reaction score
It is honestly as if yesterday never even happened.

Nothing changed in the playoff seeding, nothing.

Not a single game yesterday changed anything at all, for anybody.

Emerald12

Reaction score
The things that frustrated me the most about that game was Wright getting injured and all of the penalties. That was the biggest problem I had with how we played, WAY too many penalties.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawks46":1nq380qv said:
I'm actually ok with it, but I can't stand the Niners and hate losing to them.

NO looked damn good last night. If the Niners go there again, it's likely they lose, so we might not even see them again. Depending on seeding and how the Panthers do, it's possible the Niners do go to NO.

I'm ok with things. Giants are very beatable (3-3 at home), Cards and Rams at home, which should be wins (and I'm not expecting blowouts).

Isn't it directly depending on seeding, if San Fran does well and get the #5 seed and they beat whoever they play (most likely) they would play the Saints as a #2 vs #5 divisional matchup then we would get whoever wins the #3 vs #6 in the divisional round, honestly i hate to sound arrogant and some team could sweep us offer our feet but no, not this year. If we get the Saints in Seattle better start prepping for the super bowl! Hopeful, optimistic, it's our time!

:179417:

Latest posts