Will Norton be gone in 2022

Polk738

Reaction score
I will say it is frustrating watching Dan Quinn utilize Micah Parsons the way I wish KNJ utilized Jamal Adams, how does a guy who broke the record for sacks as a DB the year before not get a single sack the following year?

Rat

Reaction score
Probably. Coordinators have provided useful scapegoats over the past two decades.

rcaido

Reaction score
Isn't Norton the only minority coach for the Seahawks. Maybe JS is playing the long game to get the comp pic when losing a coach.

Defense has looked pretty decent last half of the season again, just like last year. If we won those 5 close games, Norton would be safe again. I think offseason they let him go.

Jville

Reaction score
hawkfan68":kdlm613r said:
If the Seahawks move on from KNJ and Denver decides to fire Vic Fangio, then Fangio may be a good candidate for DC with the Seahawks. Odds of this happening are slim. I think Fangio's philosophy might fit well with what PC wants to do on defense too.
Here's an article on Fangio's defensive scheme -
https://weeklyspiral.com/2021/09/02/why-the-vic-fangio-scheme-is-sweeping-the-nfl/

I thought the effort to build a formidable zone blitz scheme fell on its face. Too many players coming and going over the course of the season to realize reliable execution. I intend to keep an eye on the quickness verses power make up of defensive end personnel as one identifiable indicator of things to come in 2022.

Polk738

Reaction score
Speaking of Fangio he was just fired today, God one can only hope that he comes here and KNJ is booted the F outta here.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Pete will never fire his USC buddy, but his ass should have been fired years ago.

I would promote Clint Hurt before Miami (The U) hires him away

James in PA

Reaction score
When Pete was asked this morning on his radio show about possible changes to the coaching staff: "I don’t anticipate anything right now,” he said. “Right now I’m just trying to get my world settled and we’ll get after all the decisions and stuff when we get more time to look back and make the evaluations and all that.”

The "right now" part gives me a glimmer of hope that KNJ could still be shown the door, but doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
hawks85":2hhe1yz9 said:
Do you guys think Norton is toast after the season is over? My answer is yes.

My answer is no. :D Norton's defensive unit finish well .............

And even though the Cardinals scored 30, two came from offensive mistakes by the Seahawks. There was the fumble return for a touchdown on the opening drive and an interception that set up the Cardinals for another TD in the second half.

Basically, the Cardinals’ offense scored only 16 points, and that fits the pattern of this Seahawks season. The Seahawks gave up less than 21 points a game, tied for ninth in the NFL, even though they gave up a lot of yards (379.12 per game, 28th).[urltargetblank]https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1554332/clayton-seahawks-important-improvements-finale/[/urltargetblank]

Aircrew

Reaction score
KNJ has earned being let go, but as with any employee, who do you replace him with? If it's not an upgrade, you're better off sticking with the guy. Even if you don't want to.