Wilson ...NOT....on the run...WHY

JonRud

Reaction score
I don't understand this either. he must be hurt or something.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He's a $100M investment. Last time he ran like this he got hurt. Plus he's now 31 and things don't heal as fast as before.

doctorsubie

Reaction score
Wilson's option running days are behind him...he looks terribly slow, plus he'd eventually get hurt. He's at best the occasional scrambler to pick up positive yards and keep the chains moving kinda' thing...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
He’s probably better off just throwing it these days anyway.

He has lost more than just a step. He has to be hurt...or sick....or something.

OP
OP
R

Restless

Reaction score
A lot of $$$$ FOR A ..."SLOW...OLD.....MIGHT GET HURT.....SLOW TO HEAL....TOLD NOT TO RUN " QB....
HE'S GOT A LOT OF POSITVES...
BUT...I guess we will see over the next 3 yrs.

cymatica

Reaction score
Why do we see so many shotgun runs that look like a read option? Wilson even acts like he might keep it, but he never does and it fools no one.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
cymatica":1kpg0e4r said:
Why do we see so many shotgun runs that look like a read option? Wilson even acts like he might keep it, but he never does and it fools no one.

He's waiting for the right time to fool em

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Restless":11g7f5fc said:
A lot of $$$$ FOR A ..."SLOW...OLD.....MIGHT GET HURT.....SLOW TO HEAL....TOLD NOT TO RUN " QB....
HE'S GOT A LOT OF POSITVES...
BUT...I guess we will see over the next 3 yrs.

Troll, troll, troll your boat, gently down the stream; merrily, merilly..... :roll:

strohmin

Reaction score
BChawkfan":2iqlodau said:
cymatica":2iqlodau said:

He's waiting for the right time to fool em

I agree. I have been seeing that same run for the past 3 years and I don't see any indication in that play that could be used to fool the opposing defense. I think I saw Russell run twice from that play and both times he got stopped behind the line of scrimmage. It really is a worthless fake.

John63

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":17bfphuc said:
I think that the entire fan base is disappointed in his performance today.

I am disappointed in the way the game was coached, not the way most of the players played.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Russ is done running anymore. Its in the past. He will run once in awhile but he is not running anymore like u want. He is slower.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1vk5hnxs said:
Russ is done running anymore. Its in the past. He will run once in awhile but he is not running anymore like u want. He is slower.

He should not have to run. That's not his job and if our offense was built right or we used the right system he would not have to. Fyi he has the 6th most rushing yards of all QBs.

Jville

Reaction score
Opponent defenses have studied and adapted to what Wilson can and can't do. Their goal is to contain him within the pocket. Edge defenders have gotten better and better at containment.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":m3iiwxp4 said:
Opponent defenses have studied and adapted to what Wilson can and can't do. Their goal is to contain him within the pocket. Edge defenders have gotten better and better at containment.

Agreed and we have not adapted and like today when something is working we go away from it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Jville":20yhvbum said:

All of a sudden? Did Wilson get slower and more predictable after week 9?

I know correlation does not equal causation, but the O-line and the offense in general has been completely out of sync since Britt went down. The O-line isn’t communicating with each other effectively or calling the proper protections. I know Hunt at times SEEMS serviceable but I don’t think it’s a coincidence. Britt may be as important as Lane Johnson to Wentz.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Need to get rid of the RO look then. Get Bellore in there more and be more multiple in the run game if he won't keep it/told not to/old or slow.

Latest posts