With the 56th pick Seahawks select

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":g85th7qv said:
I've got an eye on Patrick Jones out of Pitt right now. Edge rusher.

Looks like a good one

In today’s draft profile we look at Patrick Jones II out of Pitt.

Teammate of Rashad Weaver, Jones had himself a solid year. It was his best statistical season at Pitt, but he basically one-upped his 2019 season total. He finished with 42 tackles, 12.5 for loss, 9 sacks, 3 passes defended and recovered a fumble. His play earned him a spot on the AP Second Team All-American.

Now he turns his attention to the NFL Draft. He heads to Mobile, Alabama to make his name known to NFL teams in attendance. What are my thoughts on him? Let me present my findings of him

DL Patrick Jones

Pitt #91

6’5” 260lbs

Mock Draft Simulator- Round 3 Pick 88, Los Angeles Rams

https://talkingiants.com/draft-profile-patrick-jones/

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ivotuk":1qvry0bm said:
Maelstrom787":1qvry0bm said:
I've got an eye on Patrick Jones out of Pitt right now. Edge rusher.

Looks like a good one

In today’s draft profile we look at Patrick Jones II out of Pitt.

Teammate of Rashad Weaver, Jones had himself a solid year. It was his best statistical season at Pitt, but he basically one-upped his 2019 season total. He finished with 42 tackles, 12.5 for loss, 9 sacks, 3 passes defended and recovered a fumble. His play earned him a spot on the AP Second Team All-American.

Now he turns his attention to the NFL Draft. He heads to Mobile, Alabama to make his name known to NFL teams in attendance. What are my thoughts on him? Let me present my findings of him

DL Patrick Jones

Pitt #91

6’5” 260lbs

Mock Draft Simulator- Round 3 Pick 88, Los Angeles Rams

https://talkingiants.com/draft-profile-patrick-jones/

Some players just look like Seahawks, and he's one of em. Can slot him into Leo or build on his frame and have him move around a little. Projects to be there after a trade-down from 56 currently, too.

USATSI 13432561

Chawker

Reaction score
Defensive player... If he slips just a bit, and was still on the board at 56th pick.

I'd say Dylan Moses bama !

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":189u91bw said:
Lewis is great, but the 10 guys before him all sucked. So what’s a bad process? Continue down a back that the team bats .100 at, or go get a couple vets?

Well, I would say that we revamped the OL coaching (Solari) who prefers a different kind of OL player.

We also added Steve Hutchinson as OL scout. So I'd say that a good process would be to judge those that are actually making the recommendations versus those that are not.

I concede that we don't have a great deal of track record here, as they've been here a short time and we haven't spent much in the way of draft stock to test them. But what we do have is encouraging. One could just as easily add the career years we enjoyed from both Pocic and Shell. Two players massively panned by fans here and in NY (Shell). So overall, I think there is actual reason for heightened optimism as it relates to our ability to actually see talent where it lies.

xgeoff

Reaction score
CPHawk":8c2pgts8 said:
CHawkTailGator":8c2pgts8 said:
The problem Seattle needs to work out is this...

Win the line of scrimmage. We don't. Plain and simple. So fix that issue.

We have drafted how many OL in the first 2 rounds under Snyder, and yet people want us to waste picks on more OL who he will miss on? It’s clear FA is our best option to fix the OL, since he has a tough time drafting OL early in the draft, who are worth it.

:ditto:

xgeoff

Reaction score
Chawker":2jvsc4dk said:
Defensive player... If he slips just a bit, and was still on the board at 56th pick.

I'd say Dylan Moses bama !

Ha! That's my choice as well. :2thumbs:

kf3339

Reaction score
With the new DL moves I see OL as the optimum choice. Either an OT or OC are my options.

Chawker

Reaction score
If they want a WR then I see them selecting Seth William Auburn 6' 2" 224 he seems to be a good match for Russ.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
If Jets commit to draft Zach Wilson, Seattle will probably trade #56 plus to the Jets for Sam Darnold, then trade RW to the Raiders or Chicago. Seattle will be the first to know because Seattle is the Jets favorite customer.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Russ will play in Seattle this season. Next year (2022), well... we’ll see.

I see WR or a trade down for more picks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2qjf2wdg said:
... the 97th rated player in the draft with a history of injuries who the team will be converting to a position they have little experience playing.

Sigh. I am jaded about the Seahawks drafts.

No kidding!

The team can do nothing right in your mind and completely sucks. Okee Dokey!

The team makes a small trade back and then drafts Landon Dickerson, OC - Alabama or a bigger trade back and drafts Quinn Meinerz, OC/OG - Wisconsin-Whitewater plus a few other draft picks.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Quinn will probably lands between #50 - #75. I wouldn’t mind drafting him at #56 and plugging him in at center. He preformed well at the senior bowl.

chris98251

Reaction score
We will draft a QB with accuracy issues and make him a Full Back.

Hanjag

Reaction score
Short answer Best Player Available.

Long: Centers tend to not be highly drafted. Centers who tore an ACL in their conference championship game tend to slip further. L:Landon Dickerson has the title of consensus best center in the draft. Seattle does not need him to start right away but this guy could be an all-pro type and add to the quality of play for the O-line.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Don't rule out Creed Humphrey. Guy is the most athletic center in... ever, according to RAS.

I think he's my 2nd center in the draft. First is Rashawn Slater who I think is capable of playing any position on the line. Relatively short arms at 32.25, but crazy athleticism and legitimate on-field pedigree.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1376184700436410370[/tweet]

I'd bet on Humphrey as a riser. He's a R1 talent.