Wolf grey on Sunday !!!

James in PA

Reaction score
Sweet! Guess the 5th seed is important after all

notyou

Reaction score
saroos":1z3khhu2 said:
Can't loose now !!!
Is something loose or is it too tight and can't get loose?
Or did you mean can't lose now?

James in PA

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":lud8rmoz said:
Personally I'd rather we give up the all greys for a throwback uni.
Our throw back unis would not be true throwbacks given the rule that teams now have to use the same helmets for every game. Throw back unis only work when a team's throwback helmet is the same color as their current one. In our case, we're screwed with throwbacks as long as that rule is in place.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
James in PA":205a075m said:
PlinytheCenter":205a075m said:
Our throw back unis would not be true throwbacks given the rule that teams now have to use the same helmets for every game. Throw back unis only work when a team's throwback helmet is the same color as their current one. In our case, we're screwed with throwbacks as long as that rule is in place.

Why are the Patriots allowed to wear throwback helmets?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,651

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah something is fishy with that new rule as stated above, and by the visual evidence to the contrary above.

Yet it pains me to say, because I would love to see us rock the retros, but Mr. Allen apparently doesn't care for the retro uniforms and will never allow them. At least that's what I've heard for years.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3qe1z4ax said:
Or Tampa recently.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ plans to wear their retro “creamsicle” throwback jerseys, complete with winking “Bucco Bruce” helmet, were dashed due to a new NFL safety rule.

The issue came from the white helmets, which violated a new NFL guideline that was recently implemented due to recommendations from the NFL’s Head, Neck and Spine Committee and the Player Safety Advisory Panel.

From a statement by the team:

“While we regret that our players will not be able to don the ‘Bucco Bruce’ helmet and traditional orange, red and white uniforms, there simply was no acceptable way to meet the requirements of the new policy while staying true to the spirit of our throwback theme.”

The issue with the helmets, which were to be worn during the team’s Hispanic Heritage celebration week, is that they are not the usual helmets players wear. The new NFL guidelines suggest that once a player has a helmet he likes and that fits him well, he should continue wearing that helmet throughout the season. The introduction of a new helmet midway through the season runs the risk of putting an improperly fitted helmet on a player’s head.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/tampa-b ... s-nfl-rule

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3ervqf3q said:
James in PA":3ervqf3q said:
PlinytheCenter":3ervqf3q said:

Why are the Patriots allowed to wear throwback helmets?

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers planned to wear the vintage orange creamsicle uniforms that featured the swashbuckling "Bucco Bruce" logo on a white helmet on September 29. But the white helmet would violate a new safety rule that limits players to wearing the same helmet for the season.

Does this mean New England can’t wear their vintage red jerseys with the white Pat Patriot helmet this season?

A recommendation by the NFL’s Head, Neck and Spine Committee forbids teams from changing helmets during the season for safety reasons. A team may wear a throwback uniform, but the helmet must be the same one worn throughout the season.

That leaves teams with two options: wear the vintage uniform with a present day helmet or change the logo on the current helmet to the vintage.

For a team like the San Diego Chargers, they can wear their powder-blue throwback uniforms and just change the decal (if necessary) on the helmet because the old-school look included a white helmet.

But the New England Patriots, which introduced the "Flying Elvis" logo with a new uniform in 1993, would either have to compromise the throwback look or never wear it again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1779 ... te-helmets

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't come up with a way to quickly respray the helmets or just use some sort of full helmet decal. ...or, just have the player fit more than one helmet per season...

Eventually they will figure something out, because there's money in alternate and throwback uniforms.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
minormillikin":2nkkduwg said:
I'm surprised they haven't come up with a way to quickly respray the helmets or just use some sort of full helmet decal. ...or, just have the player fit more than one helmet per season...

Eventually they will figure something out, because there's money in alternate and throwback uniforms.

We would still have to give up the Wolf Grey uniforms to do so.

Since the Seahawks first changed their uniforms in 2002, the first time they were eligible for throwback uniforms was in 2012. That was the year they unveiled the current design with the alternate ‘Wolf Grey’ that has been so popular.

In order for the Seahawks to wear their throwback uniforms, they would have to give up the grey alternate and adopt the throwback as their alternate uniform instead.

The dream of the Seahawks wearing silver helmets again was crushed last year when the NFL made a new rule where teams were prohibited,

"The use of alternate colored helmets, eliminating many of the historically accurate throwback uniforms that had been in use up to that point. Teams are still allowed to use alternate decals (or no decals at all) for their throwbacks, but they must use them on the regular helmets.“

http://hot975online.com/time-to-break-o ... -seahawks/

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I wish there was a throwback helmet that does not have the Toucan Sam bird on it. I HATE the old helmet logo. Whimpy...Meh.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":27kt6ige said:
Wolf greys huh? I may have to rethink my prediction on the Cards winning..................

I changed my prediction upon finding out!