Woolen has Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Today (Expected back for TC)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
News just broke. Scared me at first, but it's minor and he will be ready to rock for training camp.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Seahawks’ Pro-Bowl CB Tariq Woolen, a 2022 fifth-round pick who tied for the league lead in interceptions during his rookie year, underwent arthroscopic knee surgery today that is expected to sideline him until training camp, league sources told me and
@BradyHenderson

Last edited by a moderator:

Mizak

Reaction score
He’s still young but that might linger into the season.

EDIT:

Woolen, a fifth-round draft selection last year who tied for the league lead with six interceptions as a rookie, injured his knee while walking on the practice field for OTAs one week ago.

bruh, how do you injure your knee by walking?

pmedic920

Reaction score
WTF

why wait this late?
It baffles me when a guy and his doctors wait the entire off season to do stuff like this.

Hopefully it’s a none issue but there’s always some chance of complications, especially with the prevalence of facility acquired infections.

Edit: my bad, I’m seeing now that it was the result of something recent.

sutz

Reaction score
It's pretty amazing what they can accomplish with arthro these days. Lots of times a lot of the recovery time is healing the incision on major surgery. With arthro it's a pretty small hole that will heal up pretty fast.

Always risky, but it's pretty common these days, it seems.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
WTF

why wait this late?
It baffles me when a guy and his doctors wait the entire off season to do stuff like this.

Hopefully it’s a none issue but there’s always some chance of complications, especially with the prevalence of facility acquired infections.

Edit: my bad, I’m seeing now that it was the result of something recent.
Why make the assumption that they waited? Why not wait to get all the information before jumping to a negative conclusion?

sutz

Reaction score
The only thing they usually 'wait' for is for the swelling to go down. Doesn't sound like there was a lot of that involved.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
This should give Spoon and others a chance to step up. The competition should be more heated. Kinda good that way but I definitely want a healthy Woolen for the regular season.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Why make the assumption that they waited? Why not wait to get all the information before jumping to a negative conclusion?
Why come at me Bro?

First: I corrected myself and took ownership.

Second: have you never seen a player just short of the season/camp starting have a surgery or procedure that prevented him from participating in OTAs, training camp, or even the first few games?
I have and it’s frustrating.
I incorrectly assumed this was due to something suffered during last season.

Again, my bad.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
He’s still young but that might linger into the season.

EDIT:

Woolen, a fifth-round draft selection last year who tied for the league lead with six interceptions as a rookie, injured his knee while walking on the practice field for OTAs one week ago.

bruh, how do you injure your knee by walking?
Damn. That sounds like a CJ Procise injury.

chris98251

Reaction score
Could have had spur or rocks in a joint or minor tear that if fixed now will be clean for the season, let go could become something major down the road. Seems he is in good spirits so I would not put much into it at this point. These guys have clean up stuff all the time in an off season.