Worst MNF game ever

OrFan

Reaction score
Possibly the worst NFL game of any kind ever. No wonder Tampa got rid of Freeman, the guy cannot even hit a wide open receiver standing still. The guy is horrible. The only reason the Giants have won is that the Bi-queens are worse than any team I have ever watched, every part of that team is bad.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He hasn't been on the team very long. Bad coaching move by Frazier more than anything.

OP
OP
O

OrFan

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3pbs7d2e said:
He hasn't been on the team very long. Bad coaching move by Frazier more than anything.

I agree with that part, but you do not have to know the playbook, or even understand the play, when a receiver is wide open in front of you. All you need to do at that point is throw the football accurately. He cannot do that.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I felt bad for every player on the Vikings team, from Freeman to Peterson. Bad coaching move.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But could they beat Jacksonville this year? I'm really curious since it was mentioned that the Vikes have the 31st ranked D in the league. And their offense wasn't even that good tonight.

OP
OP
O

OrFan

Reaction score
Frazier will be the first coach fired this year. I doubt he makes it to the end.

Ponder is bad, Cassel is bad, but Freeman is worse and didn't even know the plays. Pathetic.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 1h
Is this game serious.

Chris Clemons ‏@chrisclemons91 1h
This is like watching paint dry!

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1h
Anyone who can document they watched all four quarters of this should immediately become eligible for an NFL pension and matching 401K

Steve Hutchinson ‏@poisonpill76 1h
This is the worst sporting event ever broadcasted

joeseahawks

Reaction score
But in all fairness, they had to try something else. What's the point of winning a game (with Ponder or Cassell) when you know their ceiling? I think everyone knows Ponder's ceiling. He has shown, he can't win more than 5 games on his own per season. He is simply not a QB for a competitive team. Period.
Strategically, there is nothing wrong with what the Vikings did. If Freeman doesn't work out, they get a very high draft pick and the chance to select a great QB in the draft. There are plenty coming out. If Freeman is good, they can still draft a QB to sit behind him, but they might as well let him walk.
Too bad their game was on MNF, but every Vikings fan should look forward to 2014 football season. Might be a great year for them. Imagine Markus Mariota, Sean Mannion, Johnny Football, or even Jameis Winston (probably not yet eligible) running the show in Minnesota.
And if they don't like any of those, we can still send T-Jax back to Minnesota for their #1 pick ... ok, just kidding ...

razgriz737

Reaction score
Wow. I was studying for midterms and it sounds like I may have had a more exciting time than if I had watched the game.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
That looked like strike teams playing.

Scott Van Pelt - we all just wasted 3 hours of life tonight.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ponder to Rams? How can you expect him to ever buy into what the team wants as long as Frazier is still there now.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Due to my early 5 am work wake Ups I always cut MNF off at halftime. After the first I couldn't stand it anymore. What a joke of a match up. I wished Eli the best and turned it off. Good to see he finally got a W

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
A truly horrendous coaching job by the Vikings last night.

Sure, Freeman was awful.

But Frazier and his staff should be ashamed.

taz291819

Reaction score
That was by far the worst game I've ever watched. I was seriously laughing out loud at some (all) of Freeman's passes in the 4th. He was so bad, he could barely manage to thrown an interception.

hawker84

Reaction score
WTF has happened to the quality of primetime games these days. Monday night and Thursday night games are garbage any more. Is the league that one sided these days where there is really only a handful of quality teams and the rest are mediocre?
At least it use to be a crap shoot, where even bad teams showed up and played on monday night? this is getting very hard to watch Goodell. Pretty sad when i turn the channel and the voice is on and i think to myself hmmmm, this aint bad....jeeeesh.

Sturm

Reaction score
What was even more frustrating was the fact that Freeman refused to run the ball himself when his receivers weren't open. I know he's not Michael Vick but there were plenty of times that he could've taken off but refused to do so. It almost looked like he was told not to run, and if that's the case, it makes me wonder why Frazier would give him those orders.

Polaris

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, that's about three hours of my life (couldn't bear to watch more), that I'll never get back!

Mitch

Reaction score
I recorded this on the DVR to avoid the down time. Did a fast forward through most of the first 3 quarters, then gave up! It was all down time! :1:

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I don't see how any team would have even wanted Freeman. He is so egotistical that he refused to go anywhere that wasn't going to make him their starter. They have a great weapon in Peterson and he only carried like 13 times. Two games now held to below 70 yards according to NFL network this morning. You would think they would focus on their o-line.

Latest posts