Would you rather have #1 Scoring O or #1 scoring D?

Would you rather have

• Total voters

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’ll be the contrarian one and say offense. Most of the last few teams to make it to the SB had dominant offenses and the league seems set up for it. I could be wrong as I just rolled out of bed

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I also said offense because although I would prefer a strong defense, it seems like having the best "scoring" defense has a higher chance of being inconsistent. In other words, we could be giving up a lot of touchdowns while also getting fortunate enough to have several opposing QBs fumble near their endzone.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
A great defense can shorten the field for a not so great offense.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I go for great offense. The last five winners of the Super Bowl 4 of them have been won by high powered offenses. This league is built around the offense now and the defense, sadly, is getting hung up by more and more red tape, so gotta go with the flow.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I picked the wrong one up there.. I meant to go offense. I love some good defense but when defense usually win super bowls it's typically all-time great defenses. You can win a SB with just a mediocre / good defense and a high scoring offense.

flv2

Reaction score
In modern free agency it's almost impossible to keep the 8 or 9 players that make the defense great. A great offense might only take 2 or 3 key players.

flv2

Reaction score
Almost every NFL team spends 60%+ of the budget on the offense. There's a reason for this.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Well, since its the offense's job to score points, and they get to dictate ball handling and movement every play, then, umm, duh...?

Fade

Reaction score
I’ll be the contrarian one and say offense. Most of the last few teams to make it to the SB had dominant offenses and the league seems set up for it. I could be wrong as I just rolled out of bed

It seems like Defensive Head Coaches aren't even making Super Bowls anymore. It's been a long time.

I think Belichick was the last one. And it's been a long time since he even won a playoff game.

jeremiah

Reaction score
A great offense makes your defense play better in practice and it is seldom tired. In 2020's, Offense is King Queen and Ace.

Latest posts