WSU vs. UCLA.

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":23v03scc said:
DomeHawk":23v03scc said:
Uncle Si":23v03scc said:
They do it every year.

It takes further evalustion Si, a big reason they get the tag "coug-it" is simply because they don't get those high value recruits. They get some good players on offense, especially transfer QB's, because of their rep for that but they don't have great defenses (obviously) and tend to blow leads late in games because of that.

Again, HTH.

But thats my point here. I personally don't think they deserve the attention or credit they get given they are given numerous excuses instead of criticism when the poop the bed.

Of course you are right re: that game but what I am talking about is how they have achieved really good seasons with absolutely terrible recruiting classes.

2018: #10 final ranking. Multiple 10 win seasons with the 70th ranked recruiting class.

Beat Oregon four years in a row even after Sweatshop Phil gave the duckies money to steal their coaches.

That's why they gush over them, they probably do better with less talent than any other team in college football.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I couldn't' believe how calm Gordon looked in the pocket. Almost looked like he was standing flat footed a bit too often or just confident kinda how Brady does.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3j3nujqw said:
I couldn't' believe how calm Gordon looked in the pocket. Almost looked like he was standing flat footed a bit too often or just confident kinda how Brady does.

That game-ending fumble, yes, Gordon got complacent, needed to step up, but never occurred to him since he hadn't been pressured much all game long. He steps up, the DE flies by or at very least no sack-fumble.

Love Gordon overall, but I feel like Minshew in that situation would have had the awareness to avoid fumbling. The kid will learn from it though.

Why does Leach and the Cougs get so much credit? Well, one reason...
WSU COUGAR FOOTBALL GAMES ARE FREAKING EXCITING TO WATCH!!
My girlfriend is hooked too. Just about the most fun you can have on a Friday or Saturday night.

So many times last year, Minshew and their WR corps or RB made key plays late in games to win them. Much of the time it was getting key first downs to run out the clock with a one-score lead, or simply scoring again, to keep from putting the game in the hands of the defense. This year, Anthony Gordon did essentially that to close out the road win at Houston.

It seemed like every break went against the Cougars in this one.
Fumble on the WR, with 4 UCLA defenders dragging him, no forward progress? Bullshit, maybe a sympathy call for UCLA down 30. Reversing "down" to a fumble later? More bullshit, not really enough to overturn. UCLA QB fumbles and ball randomly bounces back into his stomach while he lays on the ground? Poop for luck.

That was simply a mind-warping game. Credit UCLA for continuing to fight and battle the whole time. I suppose credit UCLA DC for extra practice reps on stripping WR's after the catch. WSU D even made some stops, can't fault the D. But all those turnovers, and worn down by chasing their speedy QB all game... too much for the low-talent Cougar D to overcome.

Those darn WSU Cougars are still the most entertaining team in college football, and I'll be watching their next game too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
That wasn't "exciting"

Just bad overall football by two mediocre teams with very poor defenses.

ducks41468

Reaction score
A meltdown that would make Oregon blush. Which will make it all the more embarrassing when we lose to WSU by a score of like 48-6 in a few weeks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wphpwy48 said:
That wasn't "exciting"

Just bad overall football by two mediocre teams with very poor defenses.
I totally agree but the new gen wants it that way.
They don't understand what defense means.. :pukeface:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":2lxwsjle said:
I don't think it is possible to play any worse football in a half. Downright embarrassing.

You do understand that there are teams that are gonna accept that challenge. Game on.

D

DomeHawk

Wenhawk":1k2impu9 said:

I noted that also, absolutely flat-footed.