You people are nuts. (A Brit's first game at the CLink)

uncle fester

Reaction score
Sunday was the first game my wife & I got to see in person.

I've been following this team since 1987, so to finally stand in front of the main gates on Saturday, with no one else around, was pretty amazing. To stand in the Pro Shop, without having to worry about any extortionate shipping costs for game shirts, was verging on dangerous.

But nothing I'd dreamed of prepared me (or us) for Sunday.

We stopped at Pike's Place for breakfast with Hawks colours and excited faces everywhere. We stopped for pre-game beers and the "Sea!" "Hawks!" chants began. But the walk to the stadium was something to remember. Random high-fives in the streets. Flags in every bar along the way. I was struck by a sense that the fans around us weren't about to accept a defeat. We'd had years of shouting at a tv back in London, either at home or in a local sports bar, and now we had the chance to contribute. We could be part of Kaepernick's headache.

We walked up the ramps to the 300s, carried on a chorus of chants. Then - what a view! The tunnel gets set up, the fireworks begin... and then a plane takes off... There is no way in hell the 9ers will be able to hear themselves think in this. I can't hear myself think in this. My wife is laughing her head off at the sheer volume. We join in the fun. Kaepernick starts his first drive. We yell our lungs out...

The headache I gave myself went around midday on Monday. Today I've just about got my voice back. The memory of Sunday will stay with me till the day I die.

And we have tickets to the next game, so we can do it all again.

Attachments

• 29-3.jpg
    29-3.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 2,801

Sac

Reaction score
That's awesome. One day I too will be a part of the madness. Hopefully one day soon.

DistantHawk

Reaction score
That is awesome. :th2thumbs:

As a fan from Australia can't wait to go through the same thing. :3:

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I've been to a few games, but to come from overseas to witness the madness... That's awesome. I'm glad you had a great time! Go Hawks!!!!

samwize77

Reaction score
Right on bro!! Thanks for representing our Hawks....here, there..and everywhere!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that story. I am glad you and your wife had a great time. Amazing isn't it!!!

Riley12

Reaction score
Awesome!

If you two are early birds, head to the Triangle Pub around 8 AM before the Jags game and I'll buy you your first beer of the day. We'll hopefully be joined by Dom (TechWorlds) and Jen (too smart to sign up for an account here) soon after.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I swear I almost teared up reading this. Glad you got to experience that, man. Everyone should get to at least once!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
There is nothing like going to a game. It is way too much fun !

drcool

Reaction score
Glad you had an awesome experience. Seeing a game like that live and being part of that crowd is unlike anything else.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
uncle fester":3f3twq08 said:
Sunday was the first game my wife & I got to see in person.

I've been following this team since 1987, so to finally stand in front of the main gates on Saturday, with no one else around, was pretty amazing. To stand in the Pro Shop, without having to worry about any extortionate shipping costs for game shirts, was verging on dangerous.

But nothing I'd dreamed of prepared me (or us) for Sunday.

We stopped at Pike's Place for breakfast with Hawks colours and excited faces everywhere. We stopped for pre-game beers and the "Sea!" "Hawks!" chants began. But the walk to the stadium was something to remember. Random high-fives in the streets. Flags in every bar along the way. I was struck by a sense that the fans around us weren't about to accept a defeat. We'd had years of shouting at a tv back in London, either at home or in a local sports bar, and now we had the chance to contribute. We could be part of Kaepernick's headache.

We walked up the ramps to the 300s, carried on a chorus of chants. Then - what a view! The tunnel gets set up, the fireworks begin... and then a plane takes off... There is no way in hell the 9ers will be able to hear themselves think in this. I can't hear myself think in this. My wife is laughing her head off at the sheer volume. We join in the fun. Kaepernick starts his first drive. We yell our lungs out...

The headache I gave myself went around midday on Monday. Today I've just about got my voice back. The memory of Sunday will stay with me till the day I die.

And we have tickets to the next game, so we can do it all again.
Wow, Great story Fester! There is nothing like a Hawks game in that stadium that I have experienced and I've been to quite a few there. Have a blast at the Jags game! :th2thumbs: