Your best realistic first round

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Yup! For Penix maybe, for Nix heeeeeeell no!
I know. We have different evaluations of these guys. That’s okay. I may be wrong, but you can’t start a fire without a spark, even if you’re just dancing in the dark.

KinesProf

Reaction score
He's a Safety/Nickle. He doesn't have the fluidity to be an outside corner.

Good player though.
Yes, I think he can have the most impact closer to the hashes than the boundary. I think that's where his instincts, reaction, ball skills, density and return ability can really shine.

It's why I prefer an Eric Berry or a little bit of a Jalen Ramsey comp, beyond just the somewhat comparable Height/Weight and athletic testing similarities; rather than the lazy Jason Sehorn comps that are out there. Berry went to Tennessee as a CB before transitioning to Safety; and Ramsey has made plays from a bunch of different alignments while playing the currently en vogue Star position.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I know. We have different evaluations of these guys. That’s okay. I may be wrong, but you can’t start a fire without a spark, even if you’re just dancing in the dark.
nix is falling like a stone right now. might be able to get him late 2nd or 3rd.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
nix is falling like a stone right now. might be able to get him late 2nd or 3rd.
It is all speculation, and a lot of these mock guys make no sense in their trades. If the Broncos don’t draft a QB, their GM should be fired. Dane Brugler (The Athletic) has Nix going in the second round. The Seahawks don’t have a second round pick. I think Nix is the Purdy of this draft class. I could be wrong. So could you. Drafting a QB is a crap shoot.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Yup! For Penix maybe, for Nix heeeeeeell no!
Tell me you can’t separate your college fandom from your pro team, without telling me.

Fwiw I’d take both over Daniels and McCarthy. It’s super weird to me that Daniels is the same as Nix, sucked in the pac 12 at asu. Played the exact same amount of years. But he isn’t being dinged for it like Penix and Nix

12forlife

Reaction score
Tell me you can’t separate your college fandom from your pro team, without telling me.

Fwiw I’d take both over Daniels and McCarthy. It’s super weird to me that Daniels is the same as Nix, sucked in the pac 12 at asu. Played the exact same amount of years. But he isn’t being dinged for it like Penix and Nix
Daniels has special abilities that Penix & Nix don't possess. We'll see how his game adapts to the NFL, Washington's Oline is not good. Penix would be a top 5 pick if not for his injury history, special arm. I just don't see Nix as a game changer in the NFL, I know he had great #'s this year I just don't see him having a high ceiling. At the end of the day a lot of this come down to situation, coaching/scheme, oline, and weapons