Matty Brown on Russ

hoxrox

Reaction score
John63":1icjkdpp said:
hoxrox":1icjkdpp said:
It has always been a tendency for Russ to look down field, rather than take the check down. "Game altering Plays" This has been his mindset.

It's not that he can't take the underneath or intermediate stuff. He is fully capable. It is a matter of preference.

However, I expect to see Russ adapting and evolving this year. Efficiently moving the chains > hero ball.

the question is it is just a Russ tendency or the fact that PC himself has said he wants to run the ball and throw long and get chunk plays in the passing game. OR maybe both. I suspect both, n PCs part because that is what he wants. on Wilson's part because that is what has been drilled into him. Now the questions is can they adapt. We know Wilson can, he has done it his whole career and in college. The question is will PC let them continue to adapt or fall back into his pattern of having a short lease and at the first sign of trouble shorten it even more. With a new system will come hiccups will PC let them work through them or revert back to same old same old. W will see.

Yes PC has been about toxic differential.

And yes Russ has been about GAP plays.

I suspect both will adapt this year and we will be happy with this new offense.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":2zxr50xu said:
John63":2zxr50xu said:
hoxrox":2zxr50xu said:
It has always been a tendency for Russ to look down field, rather than take the check down. "Game altering Plays" This has been his mindset.

It's not that he can't take the underneath or intermediate stuff. He is fully capable. It is a matter of preference.

However, I expect to see Russ adapting and evolving this year. Efficiently moving the chains > hero ball.

the question is it is just a Russ tendency or the fact that PC himself has said he wants to run the ball and throw long and get chunk plays in the passing game. OR maybe both. I suspect both, n PCs part because that is what he wants. on Wilson's part because that is what has been drilled into him. Now the questions is can they adapt. We know Wilson can, he has done it his whole career and in college. The question is will PC let them continue to adapt or fall back into his pattern of having a short lease and at the first sign of trouble shorten it even more. With a new system will come hiccups will PC let them work through them or revert back to same old same old. W will see.

Yes PC has been about toxic differential.

And yes Russ has been about GAP plays.

I suspect both will adapt this year and we will be happy with this new offense.

I agree

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
hoxrox":3e4g2tlg said:

He better. Taking the stuff open underneath, specially early, is a must to beat good teams and win playoff games. This far he hasn't shown he's willing to do it late in seasons and in the playoffs. Early signs of the new O are promising though.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
toffee":2nf7ih4o said:
JayhawkMike":2nf7ih4o said:
I like detailed analysis even if it seems like nitpicking. I understand all QBs will miss reads/throws etc. I still like the details.

This
Brown is PAID to nit pick. It's his JOB.

Maybe some of us are just too sensy-poo to anything negative about our precious Seahawks.

Jville

Reaction score
Aros":1nkgf5c8 said:
Who the hell is Matty Brown?

No, seriously? I have no idea who this person is. :Dunno:

The usefulness of Twitter is very ... very limited. Where as the rise of citizen journalists are slowly improving on pod casts offerings.

Here is a link to a meaningful podcast focused on the Seahawks offense by Matty Brown & Griffin Sturgeon. >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/podcasts/seattle-overload-episode-1-the-xs-and-os-of-seahawks-offensive-explosion-vs-colts[/urltargetblank]

For Journalism, "Times ... They are a Changing"