Pete Carroll is amazing

toffee

Reaction score
justafan":1b88fx6c said:
I do agree with the OP. I think Pete is a amazing coach. I think he has done more with less than many of the other coaches talked about here,

Few will agree with you on dot net, that's not until we got our own Rich Kotite.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":5jruhyp3 said:
pittpnthrs":5jruhyp3 said:
Team improves when Wilson gets healthy and Penny finally starts running with some purpose, but Pete Carroll is amazing. Lol. Only time he ever amazed me was when he openly admitted to not understanding what other teams did to beat him.

This^^^^

He probably saved Russ Getting traded... maybe it's time you step back and give the man a chance and give credit where credit is due

John63

Reaction score
LTH":21ow8bfx said:
John63":21ow8bfx said:
pittpnthrs":21ow8bfx said:
Team improves when Wilson gets healthy and Penny finally starts running with some purpose, but Pete Carroll is amazing. Lol. Only time he ever amazed me was when he openly admitted to not understanding what other teams did to beat him.

This^^^^

He probably saved Russ Getting traded... maybe it's time you step back and give the man a chance and give credit where credit is due

I have no problem giving PC his due. I gave him credit for finally allowing Waldron to run his offense for not just 1 whole game but 2. And he deserves his share ofnthe credit for keeping the guys working hard in the end. But so does the other coaches, the captains and the players themselves. I don't think that makes him amazing though. But he deserves credit for his part in keeping the players pushing.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Tical21":3q44yd7a said:
For a proud franchise that is so used to winning - to finish so strongly and manage to treat a meaningless week 18 game like a playoff game...the rarity of this is vastly underrated.

I don't know what it will mean going forward, but that is a helluva coaching job.

Well unfortunately I don't think getting the players to play hard when it doesn't matter is going to cut it with an aging Wilson, a terrible Jamal Adams trade, Bobby Wagner needs to be cut (so Jordyn Brooks can play his natural position... he's a first round pick), Diggs is probably gone (I think you have to just because he would cost too much + that injury), Our Defensive Line fell asleep all season until the last few games...

Our Offensive Line looks promising but I don't trust these guys to stay healthy... Knowing our luck Curhan and Haynes will get injured by the first 3-4 weeks of the season and we didn't invest properly in the Offensive Line and we are back to the same old formula of the past 7 years, at best 1 playoff win (usually none).

Jamal will probably also get injured in the first 2-3 weeks, I don't think he'll ever be good again.

We will probably keep Bobby Wagner and waste over 12 million dollars on him... Jordyn Brooks probably won't be able to play his natural position.

Even Tyler Lockett or Eskridge is likely to be injured next season imo, at least one if not both.

Not to mention Rashaad Penny can't make it through a whole season, I'd bet my life savings he'll miss at least 1 game if not way more.

So yes, you are correct Pete did a heck of a coaching job to win some meaningless games in a dead season, but I still can't see any kind of scenario where this is going to work with Pete + Russ. We would have to literally win the lottery with NO INJURIES ALL SEASON, otherwise I don't trust this coaching staff and management to be able to correctly navigate the current tough decisions and actually give us a good Offensive Line and Defensive Line that can withstand the multiple injuries.

Assuming Pete and Russ are still here (which makes no sense to me after saving $13,000,000 and going 7-10)... we need to do this:

- Cut Bobby Wagner plain and simple (Bobby should never even be here without KJ Wright at this stage of his career).

- Let Diggs go.

- Get a new kicker

- Restructure Wilson

- Trade Jamal Adams (I don't care if we have to take a huge dead money hit, he's completely worthless I'm 100% sure we will not win a Super Bowl if he's on the team)... Get someone for him, like Offensive Line or Defensive Line. Eat the dead money and get 1-2 players that will help the team unlike him.

- Invest EVERYTHING in the Defensive Line and Offensive Line.

Jville

Reaction score
Tical21":2eixdfva said:
For a proud franchise that is so used to winning - to finish so strongly and manage to treat a meaningless week 18 game like a playoff game...the rarity of this is vastly underrated.

I don't know what it will mean going forward, but that is a helluva coaching job.

In my eyes, Pete is an outstanding motivator and leader. He has written an outstanding resume. He wants for everyone to be the very best they can be.

I suspect most detractors begrudge his success and in so doing have unwittingly become prisoners of their own jealousy. That's an unfortunate trap.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LTH":uijr6mew said:
Tical21":uijr6mew said:

I agree it was a great job of coaching in several different areas with several different coaches on this team...

LTH
Yep, ain't it amazing what a large dose of "PETE-BALL" (running attack) >THATS WELL EXECUTED< can do for helping take the pressures OFF of Russell Wilson, and almost completely dominate an opponents' Defense? :stirthepot:

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":2j98r077 said:
Tical21":2j98r077 said:

In my eyes, Pete is an outstanding motivator and leader. He has written an outstanding resume. He wants for everyone to be the very best they can be.

I suspect most detractors begrudge his success and in so doing have unwittingly become prisoners of their own jealousy. That's an unfortunate trap.

I agree, and I remember coach Bill Walsh spoke highly of Pete when Pete was DC for 9ers. Just remember Rich Kotite failed miserably replacing Pete, even Bill's team took a step back after he replaced Pete. Pete may not meet the 'high standard' set by dudes on dot net, there are few Pete is NFL.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":3gb0jwx5 said:
Tical21":3gb0jwx5 said:

Well unfortunately I don't think getting the players to play hard when it doesn't matter is going to cut it with an aging Wilson, a terrible Jamal Adams trade, Bobby Wagner needs to be cut (so Jordyn Brooks can play his natural position... he's a first round pick), Diggs is probably gone (I think you have to just because he would cost too much + that injury), Our Defensive Line fell asleep all season until the last few games...

Our Offensive Line looks promising but I don't trust these guys to stay healthy... Knowing our luck Curhan and Haynes will get injured by the first 3-4 weeks of the season and we didn't invest properly in the Offensive Line and we are back to the same old formula of the past 7 years, at best 1 playoff win (usually none).

Jamal will probably also get injured in the first 2-3 weeks, I don't think he'll ever be good again.

We will probably keep Bobby Wagner and waste over 12 million dollars on him... Jordyn Brooks probably won't be able to play his natural position.

Even Tyler Lockett or Eskridge is likely to be injured next season imo, at least one if not both.

Not to mention Rashaad Penny can't make it through a whole season, I'd bet my life savings he'll miss at least 1 game if not way more.

So yes, you are correct Pete did a heck of a coaching job to win some meaningless games in a dead season, but I still can't see any kind of scenario where this is going to work with Pete + Russ. We would have to literally win the lottery with NO INJURIES ALL SEASON, otherwise I don't trust this coaching staff and management to be able to correctly navigate the current tough decisions and actually give us a good Offensive Line and Defensive Line that can withstand the multiple injuries.

Assuming Pete and Russ are still here (which makes no sense to me after saving $13,000,000 and going 7-10)... we need to do this:

- Cut Bobby Wagner plain and simple (Bobby should never even be here without KJ Wright at this stage of his career).

- Let Diggs go.

- Get a new kicker

- Restructure Wilson

- Trade Jamal Adams (I don't care if we have to take a huge dead money hit, he's completely worthless I'm 100% sure we will not win a Super Bowl if he's on the team)... Get someone for him, like Offensive Line or Defensive Line. Eat the dead money and get 1-2 players that will help the team unlike him.

- Invest EVERYTHING in the Defensive Line and Offensive Line.
Need some cheese to go with that WHINE?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":268lif04 said:
Tical21":268lif04 said:

Agreed ^^ I don't have a problem with some folks pitching their grievances with Pete, I mean, "to each his own", but when they try to dominate every post MULTIPLE TIMES with their negativity? it starts wearing pretty damned thin.
It's like Hey man, I heard ya the last 100 times you vented....I guess misery loves company eh? :mrgreen:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Carroll **was** amazing is the words I would use. I feel like he's really turned his back on some of his core principles that he held coming from USC.

Coming from college there was a different vibe that Carroll crafted here. Nobodies job was safe, everyone had to compete for a roster space whether they were a veteran or a rookie. During this time in Seattle we would not hesitate to start rookies or cast aside aging veterans. I can't say that I've seen that mentality from Carroll's squad in a long time. Did Tre Flowers really earn his roster spot over Brown, or was Flowers simply in that spot because of seniority? It feels like the longer Carroll spends in the NFL, the more he conforms to NFL norms.

Carroll has bowed quite a bit to one player, Russell Wilson. It used to be that no one player was above the team -- but Carroll held a different standard for Wilson vs. his other players. This is what got Browner, Sherman, Thomas, and Bennett all up in arms.

Carroll also was a trendsetter coming into the NFL. These days Carroll seems to be playing catch up more often than not with the defensive schemes. This is a stat I saw about halfway through the season. No other team except for Jaguars came out in base defense more than the Seahawks.

Carroll has big issues with nepotism. Norton Jr. is still our DC despite doing an awful job on the Raiders, and then doing a terrible job on the Seahawks as well. Cable and Bevell also kept their jobs way longer than they probably should have.

I think that Carroll is still an amazing motivator and big picture guy. I think that he really needs to have some of his powers revoked. He is involved in way too many affairs in the team and he's going to be 71 by the time September rolls around. His GM veto abilities and all player acquisition rights need to be ceded to Schneider. The Jamal Adams trade alone should have ended those privileges. I'd also like to see Norton get fired and a new guy brought in, could even be someone of Carroll's choosing. Carroll comes up with the big picture and he farms it out to his staff with limited interference to execute.

jeremiah

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2pkznej3 said:
LTH":2pkznej3 said:
Tical21":2pkznej3 said:

I agree it was a great job of coaching in several different areas with several different coaches on this team...

LTH
Yep, ain't it amazing what a large dose of "PETE-BALL" (running attack) >THATS WELL EXECUTED< can do for helping take the pressures OFF of Russell Wilson, and almost completely dominate an opponents' Defense? :stirthepot:

Crazy that your opinion is they dominated. Hawks lost TOP, as they have done all season. The games they won at the end of the year were against teams that were "Just not that into it" including the Cards. The reason you run is not just to get yards, first downs etc. You run to get TOP in your favor. It that way, the teams plan was a fail. .

Latest posts