All about DK

toffee

Reaction score
DK had 95 yards and a TD, 23.8 average. But what's up with catching only 4/8, 50% of balls thrown his way? Outshined by J Jone's 9/12, 157 yds.

Out of the 4 incompletes, how many were drops?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
One bad drop, the rest were either good coverage or thrown away really.

Why are we comparing him to Julio?
He had a great game and came up huge, especially on that 4th down bomb.

His play should be congratulated imo

Mick063

Reaction score
What was Russ? 31 of 35 or something like that?

One of them was a DK drop.

Chapow

Reaction score
toffee":3o6migmd said:
DK had 95 yards and a TD, 23.8 average. But what's up with catching only 4/8, 50% of balls thrown his way? Outshined by J Jone's 9/12, 157 yds.

Well I'm sure Julio Jones is ecstatic with the result then, seeing as how he outshined DK and all.

P.S. J Jones is an elite receiver. He's going to outshine most other receivers in the league most weeks. DK is not an elite, dominant receiver. Maybe he'll get there one day, but he's not there yet.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Like Jerhawk said, 1 was a bad drop but it didn't cost us since we went for it on 4th down a couple plays later & DK caught the TD bomb. I turned to my wife after the play & said "I guess we'll have to take the positives out of that play that he didn't tip it high enough that it got intercepted".

The only other incompletion that sticks out for me was a ball RW threw well behind him & would've been a great catch if he come up with it.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
So in the "all" that we're talking about, is anyone going to mention the move he put on when he faked the slant and went back outside and was completely wide open? You know, the sort of move that he's not able to make, being just a speed guy?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Hey, it's just one game, but if DK averages 95 .... He will be in elite category :)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3vtc0p04 said:
So in the "all" that we're talking about, is anyone going to mention the move he put on when he faked the slant and went back outside and was completely wide open? You know, the sort of move that he's not able to make, being just a speed guy?

Yes, that was a great route! He executed that really well and can't wait to see more of that

mikeak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":zn8zjpdk said:
One bad drop, the rest were either good coverage or thrown away really.

Why are we comparing him to Julio?
He had a great game and came up huge, especially on that 4th down bomb.

His play should be congratulated imo

There was a bullet pass from RW that went behind DK slightly. It was very hard, but not a throwaway.

Neither drop nor throwaway. One I guess he wishes he would have caught though

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
How about we focus on Russ spreading the ball around to 9 different guys?!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1es8xia2 said:
How about we focus on Russ spreading the ball around to 9 different guys?!
So true

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Atlanta had 3 receivers who, prior to late games, ranked in the top 10 of receiver performance league wide. Atlanta lost. Again.
DK had a couple drops I'm sure he believes he should have caught, but overall a fine game to open the season. We won, thanks in no small way, to his contribution of a huge scoring play.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It's just crazy that Russ was 27-27 when targeting everyone but Metcalf. 4-8 to Metcalf. Freaky flukish.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
toffee":3f8ywaku said:

Out of the 4 incompletes, how many were drops?

One drop. Russ forced 3 others that I would expect most receivers not named Lockett or Baldwin to drop.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Chapow":3i7rgp5f said:
toffee":3i7rgp5f said:
P.S. J Jones is an elite receiver.

Over the past six seasons, Jones has been THE elite receiver. We could name some dudes that have been among the best one to several seasons, but every single year over the last six years, he's been unreal in receptions and yards. He's made the Pro Bowl every single season in that span. And dhes' been first team or second team NFL All-Pro five of those years.

He didn't become that dude until his fourth year. I think DK is doing just fine at this point.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I don't feel like dk got outshined.

When you're playing from behind you're going to use Julio a ton.

His drop was bad. He made huge plays all day afterwards. No biggie.

ivotuk

Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTc1MzYyMTkxMzA4ODkyMDEw%2Fusatsi_13580182_168389950_lowres.jpg

sutz

Reaction score
The one drop was definitely cringe-worthy, but overall a damn good effort. I thought Russ overthrew that TD bomb on the 4th down play, but DK reached out and pulled it in. Just keeping his feet on that play was pretty special.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It's also the first game against a real NFL team this season. We expect some glitches in pre-season and these guys haven't had any pre-season. Sure they did intra-team games, but that's not at full speed like gameday.

I think DeKaylin Zecharius Metcalf will have a fine year.