Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (vs Patriots)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The brilliance of "letting Russ Cook" showed flawlessly against the Falcons. Damn near perfection. Despite giving up a ton of yards (due to the Falcons having to rely heavily on their talented passing game to try to catch the Hawks) the defense was all over the place, leading the way with Jamal Adams who has re-sparked and re-ignited the passion and physicality we haven't seen on defense since the LOB Era.

This Sunday Night a new-look Patriots team comes to town with Cam Newton leading the charge. This is no longer the Brady Era and adapting to Cam's strength is obvious and apparent with their win against the Dolphins. I don't see as much reliance on the pass or "Russ Cooking" like we saw last week. The Patriots passing D is their strength. This one looks to be a run-heavy showdown mixing in some potentially deadly play action type of yardage and scores to pull away.

A better overall test than last week I believe, but I just think the Seahawks are on a mission this year and likely be the better team in nearly every game they play this season.

Patriots will score around 17-20. The Seahawks will score more.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Patriots 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-0

Chawker

Reaction score
I can see us running a bit more in this game, just to keep them guessing.Cam crys, we win, on to week 3.

Seahawks 34

Pats 23

YTD 1-0

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I feel like this is gonna' be a low scoring snot knocker type game.
Carson with 85 yards and a TD, but a very hard earned 85. Hawks rely heavily on the run and open it up a little in the 3rd quarter. Olsen catches another TD pass from about 10 yards out.

Hawks win 20-13, Clam whines and moans like a little 5 year old...…….again.

AlciG

Reaction score
Hawks 31
Pats 17

Hyde, Carson: 1 rush TD
Olsen, Dissly: 1 rec TD

Own The West

Reaction score
Hawks 27
Pats 13

Grind it out game that the Pats can't sustain. Seattle heavy on the run. Cam gets a garbage time TD after getting picked twice in the second half.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2umb3gpn said:
Hawks 24
Pats 20

YTD 1 and 0
That’s what I’m going with, as I did last week.

Hawks 24
Fig Newton’s 20

Ugly game...
Hawks, much to my chagrin get back into “Pete Ball” mode in 1st half which slows the scoring.
Pick it up in the second half with a more open playbook. Cam throws a pick six to Adams after getting hit hard all game to seal the win for Seattle late.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle 28

Pats 19

We will run and the defense will hit Cam unmercifully, Belichek is going to have a twist unforeseen however, their secondary is good but pretty young, with our speed we need them to bite and cheat up on play action plays for our speed to exploit things deep.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Pats OL, RB's, and new RPO by Newton will keep the Hawks on their heels. If they get in the RZ, there will only be TD's not FG's. NE also has the best pass D in the league. Both factors will slow down this game, a lot of running by both teams.

I see NE with a 4th qtr lead, something like 20-17. Whether they can hold off Wilson at the end will be the game.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawks win but don't quite cover the -4 point spread.

Hawks 24

Cheatriots 20

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I am so glad Aros is keeping the tradition alive. I was ready to do what I had to last week but damn does he crush this Seahawks.net tradition for us.

So this home game was one I was most looking forward to. In actuality our home schedule this year has so many big games. I think we are great this year and maybe we won't need the crowd. It does fell like the team was starting to just expect magic at home, they assumed things would just fall into place, the defense has not have energy since 2014, I mean real energy, the kind of swagger they go after Kam would blow up a RB for a loss, or Sherm would pick off a go route. The swagger is back, Cam Newton and BB has something to prove but the talent in their team cannot hold us back. We run more but Russ is still cooking this week, need those MVP votes. I think we find out this week how our DL can hold up as NE will force the inside run. I'd love to think this is a cake walk but the NE secondary will keep the ball in front of them, maybe even get one INT from Russ on a tipped ball. I can see Chris Carson over 100 yards and Greg Olsen over 75 yards this week.

Seahawks 24 - Patriots 23

HawaiiD won last week

Rules for Closest Prediction wins free stickers
1. Pick Winner
2. Lowest Score Differential + Total Point Differential
3. Closest to the Winners Score

Mizak

Reaction score
You guys must have forgotten. Brady is gone but the Patriots defense is still there. The Seahawks need to score more than 20 points to beat the Patriots. Russell is gonna get Intercepted a couple of times but pulls it off 17-13, a close and ugly Seahawk win.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
it will be great to see Cam on the sidelines with a towel covering his head,...
Hawks 27 Pats 17