Early 80's Seahawk Sand Knit mesh jersey

seabowl

Reaction score
I'm sure there are still a few of us geezers around that remember the Hawks jerseys from the early to mid 80's that were mesh and the holes were so big that you could see the pads underneath. I still have a couple (1 Krieg and 1 Largent). However, I think they shrunk over the years (ok that's the story I'm going with at least). I loved those jersey's and was wondering if anyone has one or more left as I would love to be able to buy one assuming it is large enough?

Those were the days.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":3ar7i0qd said:
I'm sure there are still a few of us geezers around that remember the Hawks jerseys from the early to mid 80's that were mesh and the holes were so big that you could see the pads underneath. I still have a couple (1 Krieg and 1 Largent). However, I think they shrunk over the years (ok that's the story I'm going with at least). I loved those jersey's and was wondering if anyone has one or more left as I would love to be able to buy one assuming it is large enough?

Those were the days.
Those were the kind we had in highschool back in the caveman days.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Those jerseys were bad ass and would LOVE it if the Seahawks chose those jerseys in particular if and when they go back to retros for a game or two a season...

11042015 04SeahawksTop 1024x1024

D

DomeHawk

Aros":10hwg1gs said:
Those jerseys were bad ass and would LOVE it if the Seahawks chose those jerseys in particular if and when they go back to retros for a game or two a season...

11042015 04SeahawksTop 1024x1024

My favorite Seahawk of all time, #45 Hall of Famer, The Great Kenny Easley.

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't they cite safety issues for discontinuing those? More broken fingers or some such. :Dunno:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":2c01yvu6 said:
Didn't they cite safety issues for discontinuing those? More broken fingers or some such. :Dunno:
Not sure why they went away from them and went to the sew on number type Jersey.

Latest posts