Uncle Will

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My apologies if I missed the topic being discussed somewhere but I was wondering why Dissly hasn't been seen much yet in 2020. Is it because they are really being cautious with him, ease him into the season due to his extended injury history? It would make sense but I haven't heard the media really discussing it one way or the other.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have seen him out there blocking once in a while, Hollister got the End Zone TD and we got Olsen involved a bit, but in all honesty it's been the RB's and WR show for the most part and only one football. I think he did have one or two catches the first game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
With all the injuries this year and players getting hurt again, it is just fine we ease him back.

That is the prudent move.

Rat

Reaction score
Is he being eased, or is this just a slow start to the season for him? Wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional, but I don't recall hearing anything about it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I agree with the OP.
But I would rather have him later in the year as Russell's security blanket. Keep him healthy

Osprey

Reaction score
28 snaps per game so not babying him too much.
https://fantasydata.com/nfl/nfl-fan...type=1&scope=1&playerid=19950&minimumsnaps=20

Only going off the broadcast, but seems like he’s mostly blocking. If you’re concerned about the mental aspect of injury recovery, I like the confidence building aspect of just letting him hit someone and getting injury free games under his belt.

It’s a long season, plenty of time to ramp him back up as long as Olsen stays healthy.

Fade

Reaction score
We was on the injury report (Achilles) during the week so he's probably still not 100%. They have no choice but to bring him along slowly, he's caught a few balls, but nothing down the field to allow us to gauge whether he's fully back yet.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It's going to take all year to get back any explosiveness. For now he'll be blocking and occasionally catching a few balls. Olsen and Hollister will carry the receiving weight. This is why we kept 4 TE's and drafted another. Dissly can't be entirely counted on especially this year.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Fade":onep92lx said:
We was on the injury report (Achilles) during the week so he's probably still not 100%. They have no choice but to bring him along slowly, he's caught a few balls, but nothing down the field to allow us to gauge whether he's fully back yet.

He's been on the report every week. They are doing the most to limit overworking him.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
He's getting a few snaps and has caught a few balls. I agree with those of the thought they are easing him back in. Thing is this is Olsen's last year and he's a proven commodity. So I think he'll get the bulk of the work this year. Diss is basically still rehabbing aiming for a big shot next year.