RB

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sign me up. Travis needs more sand in his pants.

He's too small for not being elusive. Too many tackles for loss or no gain.

hawk45

Reaction score
Dallas showed more vision in a shifty move in the middle than Homer has on his life.

I don’t want Homer to ever get a handoff or toss. It’s accepted he’s useless in the middle but I keep hearing “he can be effective outside”. No, he cannot. He was useless outside when they did it bs Atlanta and useless today when they did it today.

I don’t want him picking up blitzes either.

No reason to have him out there. He can catch the ball but id rather have the threat of an NFL back in the backfield.

Rat

Reaction score
I feel like literally the only thing Homer can do well is run fast in a straight line. So much more supply than demand at the position now, I don't see the point in him taking a roster spot.

sutz

Reaction score
Carson manned up today. No other way to say it. We kind of do need Hyde or equivalent.

Yes, Dallas was far better than Homer today.

One more game before the bye. Assuming we survive Minny, our guys can get some rest.

FPD

Reaction score
I never thought I'd utter these words - I like Dallas ... (better than Homer).

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't think there's a question that we missed not having Hyde today. Hope he gets over what ails him sooner than later. Carson is looking very good, but vulnerable.
I'm excited to see more from Dallas. He looks like the whole package. Homer needs to be moved to receiver and see if he can compete there. Looks like a viable slot guy to me. I do not understand why they keep trying to send him up the gut. Same result every time. Wasted down.

chris98251

Reaction score
Homer appears like a slash runner to me, down hill one cut guy, Dallas looks thicker in the lower body which allows him to drive better.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Homer can be a decent 3rd dowwn back. Pick up blitzers, chip and release, screen passes, etc. PC obviously trusts him thus his snap count. If Dallas can do what he did today consistently, Homer's snaps could be numbered.

I think it will interesting when Penny comes back. Honestly I don't see Penny coming back unless we have some injuries at RB. It isn't easy coming back mid year after an ACL. He might be better served with a normal camp next year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Homer is exceptional at pass protection. He is also a good target in the flat. He isn't good at running between the tackles.

Not his fault we keep using him wrong.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Homer looks like he is moving so quick with awesome moves.

but everybody tackles him.....easily

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I thought DeeJay looked the part a cpl times today. I haven’t thought that about Homer ever.

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
So Homer imo isn't a down hill runner. I posted something similar in the game day forum. From what I've seen from last season and the few times hes run this year, his speed makes him a better sideline to sideline runner with his speed creating the hole he needs to hit. Especially since his vision is really bad. Also he is a great blocker which against teams with strong pass rush will come in handy.

I am also a fan of Dallas so far from the few touches we have seen. He definitely fits our system much better and how pete likes to run the ball. If he and shotty scheme runs for homer he may do fine but he isn't a plug and play back for our offenses system.

That's what I've been able to surmise so far.

hawk45

Reaction score
Aiunahthar":361ltjew said:
So Homer imo isn't a down hill runner. I posted something similar in the game day forum. From what I've seen from last season and the few times hes run this year, his speed makes him a better sideline to sideline runner with his speed creating the hole he needs to hit. Especially since his vision is really bad. Also he is a great blocker which against teams with strong pass rush will come in handy.

I am also a fan of Dallas so far from the few touches we have seen. He definitely fits our system much better and how pete likes to run the ball. If he and shotty scheme runs for homer he may do fine but he isn't a plug and play back for our offenses system.

His sideline run was a disaster today, as were multiple such runs v Atlanta

chris98251

Reaction score
Aiunahthar":vl0ayqso said:

He is a one cut and go guy, he has some speed but not better then CB speed and we telegraph those out in the flat pitches.

Osprey

Reaction score
HawkerD":20rrbwg8 said:
I think it will interesting when Penny comes back. Honestly I don't see Penny coming back unless we have some injuries at RB. It isn't easy coming back mid year after an ACL. He might be better served with a normal camp next year.
Good point. If this group stays healthy, save Penny for next year when he’s hopefully @ 100%.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Great play by Dallas where he caught the pass, found the opening, and ran through contact for a first down. My Adopt-a-rookie getting some reps!! Finally!!

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
You guys are clueless. You expect Barry sanders with less offensive linemen and perfect playcalling. Dude had four carries for 5 yards. Look at the stats. Hard to get out of the backfield immediately hit by two defensive lineman once you take a handoff. Wilson exactly matching stats Friday against dolphins rushing by the way. I guess we should run less with wilson too or replace him on INTENDED qb runs. Stupid. I swear this fan base has more exaggerated hate for it's own players than teams with players they admire and for no reason at all.

Let's wait till he has a game with 20 carries and negative yards before we deem him a lost cause. Moderators want to ban cuss words or name calling but not true team diminishing statements. Again...stupid!!!

BigFloppy

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1y02jz31 said:
You guys are clueless. You expect Barry sanders with less offensive linemen and perfect playcalling. Dude had four carries for 5 yards. Look at the stats. Hard to get out of the backfield immediately hit by two defensive lineman once you take a handoff. Wilson exactly matching stats Friday against dolphins rushing by the way. I guess we should run less with wilson too or replace him on INTENDED qb runs. Stupid. I swear this fan base has more exaggerated hate for it's own players than teams with players they admire and for no reason at all.

Let's wait till he has a game with 20 carries and negative yards before we deem him a lost cause. Moderators want to ban cuss words or name calling but not true team diminishing statements. Again...stupid!!!

:34853_doh: