Mayowa

tersal

Reaction score
Before the 4th and goal play late in the game I was thinking Mayowa is useless against the run. Then he is credited for the biggest tackle of the game. Review the film he was horrendous on that play actually blocked in to the running back Seahawks got very lucky. Mayowa is what he has always been a rotational pass rusher who gets a little pressure. Nothing to write home about. Improvement at the LEO spot is required.

Rat

Reaction score
He’s not terrible, but I’d be happier if he didn’t have to start.

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
Rat":3hj0n6r2 said:
He’s not terrible, but I’d be happier if he didn’t have to start.

Agreed rotational player.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Mayowa drove that right tackle and restablished the line in their backfield and then made the play.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Mayowa has been making plays every game. No one makes a play every play. He's doing fine and was a good pickup. Wish Irvin was still working for us too. In any case our subs have come in and are shining. Neal especially, but he's not alone. I've been very impressed at the play we're getting from some I thought might not see the field. Moore and Mones and...most of em have come up and made plays. I got no gripes about any of our guys. Sure I wish we were playing tighter fisted on D, but until we lose I'll live with it.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think he's showed up quite a few times. He might be rotational behind a guy like Bennet, but all in all I think he's a decent player / starter. Hasn't done anything world beating yet, but neither have 50 of the 63 other players in the league at his position.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2noobeqb said:
How could anyone be unhappy w/Mayowa? Wow

No kidding right? But there are people on here who's only posts are "this guy sucks, that guy sucks, woe is me." They'll change their tune as the season goes on.

Remember people, even the 2013 defense struggled at times.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you doom and gloom enough times, you'll eventually be right I guess.
Meh, he's been a real contributor.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think you would want to see what this team looked like without Mayowa.

He has made a positive difference.

There is plenty to complain about on this defense. Complaining about Mayowa is odd though.

He gets pressure which is what we needed. We never expected him to be Dwight Freeney.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3gbopa8i said:
Mayowa has been making plays every game. No one makes a play every play. He's doing fine and was a good pickup. Wish Irvin was still working for us too. In any case our subs have come in and are shining. Neal especially, but he's not alone. I've been very impressed at the play we're getting from some I thought might not see the field. Moore and Mones and...most of em have come up and made plays. I got no gripes about any of our guys. Sure I wish we were playing tighter fisted on D, but until we lose I'll live with it.

Interestingly enough if he could just manage to FINISH the plays he'd have 5-6 more sacks on the year and people would be giving him all sorts of love - he has 2 currently. He's had at least 1 extra sack a game this year that if he just make the tackle, but he hasn't found a way to get them done.

kf3339

Reaction score
I think this was a really good signing. Mayowa has made great plays every game this season. I am trying to remember a 5 game stretch that Clowney did the same thing. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen.

As others have stated, there are some on this board who never say anything positive, and it's almost always people with minimal posts. They just come on to make stupid statements to get a response. Personally, I try not to bite at all. To each his own, I guess.