Bullard

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
His college tape is phenomenal. Haven’t really heard anything since he entered the league but yesterday’s performance was nice to see.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Not bad for fresh on the squad; encouraging even. He had one for sure sack, but the guard he beat grabbed him from behind (one of several holds). Hopefully he can be a solid part of the rotation.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think I quoted in the initial post of him signing that he had been played out of place. Let me see if I can find that info.

I saw him explode a couple of times, disrupting the Vikings .

titan3131

Reaction score
This is the 1st time in the pros he has been in a 4-3 and I think it really suits him better then his previous stops.

I loved him in the draft that year and really thought the hawks were going to draft him.

My understanding is that JS said they would have if they hadnt traded up for the falling Jarran Reed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
From the Original Bullock thread:

Re: Seahawks Sign Jonathan Bullard
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:01 pm

PFF ranked him as the #1 interior run defender in college football for 2015. He impressed athletically at the combine with a decent three-cone (7.31) and vertical (32 inches). He also has good size (6-3, 285lbs, 33.5 inch arms, 10 inch hands) and has the right attitude for this team. Bullard returned to Florida in 2015 because he wanted to prove he was a better player than the mid-round grade he received from the draft committee.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seven-roun ... mock-draftHe played well at Florida, but has been "meh" in the NFL. I wonder if he struggles to learn the NFL level?
Walterfootball has an interesting take on him...

Bullard totaled 66 tackles with 17.5 for a loss, 6.5 sacks and two passes batted in 2015. He was one of the SEC's best run defenders on the defensive line and demonstrated the ability to rush well from the inside.

In 2014, Bullard totaled 52 tackles with 8.5 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks and two passes batted, coming on strong late in the season. He showed nice versatility to line up as an end and tackle over his time at Florida.

Player Comparison: Michael Bennett. Bullard's game and skill set remind me of Bennett. Both are able to play end on run downs and move inside in passing situations. Bennett (6-4, 274) is a good pass-rusher with quickness, functional strength, and effort. He is very good at taking on right tackles and guards. I think Bullard could be similar in the NFL.

NFL Matches: Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit, New Orleans, Buffalo, Washington, Cincinnati, Arizona, Seattle and Denver

Seattle could use an interior disruptor, and Bullard has graded out high in the organization's SPARQ system.

Brandon Mebane left in free agency, and the Seahawks already had problems with a lack of interior pass rush once injuries would hit their defense. Bullard looks like a perfect fit for what the team targets.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingrepo ... ullard.php

He played well at Florida, but has been "meh" in the NFL. I wonder if he struggles to learn the NFL level?
Walterfootball has an interesting take on him...

More on Bullard, but Ogbah, who gave us fits in Miami, is ridiculous!

DE Emmanuel Ogbah, Oklahoma State

Ogbah turned some heads when he ran a 4.63-second 40-yard dash with a 1.59-second 10-yard split at 6-foot-4, 273 pounds. He also had a 35.5-inch vertical lap and a 10-foot, 1-inch broad jump

DT Jonathan Bullard, Florida

Bullard checked every box with a 1.66-second 10-yard split, 4.93-second 40-yard dash, 32-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 8-inch broad jump, 7.31-second three-cone and 4.56-second short shuttle at 6-foot-3, 285 pounds.

And just for fun:

DE Alex McCallister, Florida

McCallister is 6-foot-6, 239 pounds and ran a 4.00-second 20-yard shuttle. Consider that D.J. Foster, who’s 5-foot-10, 193 pounds, led all wide receivers with a 4.07-second 20-yard shuttle.

McCallister also ran a 4.80-second 40-yard dash and a 7.01-second three-cone, and recorded a 34.5-inch vertical leap and 10-foot, 8-inch broad jump. He didn’t bench, but he has 36-inch long arms, so can you really blame him?

DT Dean Lowry, Northwestern

Lowry had a similar performance to Bullard but stands 2 inches taller and 11 pounds heavier. He ran a 1.70-second 10-yard split, 4.87-second 40-yard dash, 7.26-second three-cone and 4.38-second short shuttle. He also recorded a 32.5-inch vertical and a 9-foot, 6-inch broad jump.

https://nesn.com/2016/02/darron-lee-jon ... e-winners/

https://youtu.be/WDit48qLhLc

Bullard's seeming lack of production at the NFL level is due to him having played his entire career thus far as a 3-4 DE, which is not the best use of his skill set. His first three years in the NFL with the Bears he was in Vic Fangio's 3-4, and since last season he'd been in Arizona where Vance Joseph runs a 3-4 as well. So since he's entered the league he's been asked to occupy blocks in a 2-gap scheme, rather than being the one-gapping disruptor that he was at Florida in then-HC Will Muschamp's 4-3 (where during Bullard's freshman season his DC and DL coach was Dan Quinn). He was always best-suited to being a 4-3 strong-side DE (5-tech) on base downs who kicks inside on passing downs. Now he'll finally get that opportunity.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=167085

Latest posts