Tre Flowers

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
What happened to this guy? He used to be promising. He has looked like complete garbage this year. Clearly Dunbar can't reliably stay healthy. Can Ryan Neal play corner? Do we trade for someone? The FO has to do something. I'm tired of watching Tre either play 10 yards off the ball, lose the route, or get utterly burned deep because he isn't fast enough. Not to mention the awful helmet-to-helmet penalty that he should have been ejected for. Makes you wonder if there's something going on personally/mentally for this guy. He's just been miserable to watch.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He doesn't get straight-up burned, which is usually a term for giving up long touchdowns after being caught trailing in coverage in man. That's what he's good for. But he has no doubt regressed since his rookie year. He's depth at this point, nothing more.

HawkerD

Reaction score
His is missing key attributes of a good CB. He can't get his hips turned and he can't locate the ball. Uh-Oh!

The Seahawks don't have much trade bait in terms of draft choices and don't have anyone on the roster of value to trade and get a starting CB.

Realistically we have to hope Dunbar can stay healthy. If he does we are OK. Need better scheme thats for sure.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
A lot of our guys are not exactly producing great results in coverage.

Including:

Adams
Diggs
Dunbar

When you look at how Flowers is doing, part of it is likely the guy pulling the strings not the players. (See Fade's post on this)

But he is making bad decisions. Regularly.

I think the lack of training camp really hurt him.

He almost seems to be regressing. Not sure that not fixable but it probably isn't fixable this year.

Flowers needs to be a physical corner if he plays. I am also seeing a lot of off coverage. And in man, he still seems to want to put hands on people, but be tentative about it. Probably because of all the flags last year, but this technique is worse. He both does not disrupt the timing of the routes AND he ends up chasing the receiver. So next time he leaves a giant cushion that is easily exploited.

To be fair, he is a backup and a project from safety. We shouldn't even have been depending on him this much. And when we did, we should have been using him like a Brandon Browner - not whatever we are doing now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think Pete and John got caught up in Flower's measurables, and didn't put enough weight into just how hard it is to convert safeties to cornerbacks in the NFL.

So while Flowers did pretty good his rookie year, as games went on teams figured out quickly that he had some glaring deficiencies, mostly his very poor technique and habit of panicking and grabbing receivers.

Led to being picked on (Adams in the GB playoff game), and his confidence waned and waned as he saw the writing on the wall of being replaced.

Honestly, I wish we'd just grab a veteran free agent that's still out there, or a player off of someone else's practice squad. Flowers is a detriment to this defense.....and if Dunbar's knee is going to continue to give him problems, I just don't want to see Flowers anymore. He's going to cost us games. I'd rather get someone else in there, anyone.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Even if he lines up in press coverage at the snap, he drops instantly. Most plays he is a good 5-10 yards off coverage for an easy completion. He's allowing every pass in front of him, possibly due to confidence being shot after Davante Adams murdered him (twice) in the playoffs with a double move. You'd think a guy who lost his starting job would be trying to make plays and win it back but he seems like he simply goes through the motions. I can't remember a single time he made a play on the ball, in fact the one time he had a shot on a pass thrown directly to him, it bounced off his chest.

Own The West

Reaction score
Flowers needs a nickname. Something that can't press, can't close, can't hold position, and can't hit.

"Jennings" has already been taken.

How about "Stay Puft"?

PNW

Reaction score
Once Adams gets back I would like us to roll with Ryan Neal over Flowers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Confidence, you have to have a ton of it and forget a bad play but remember what happened to make it bad as CB.

Not sure he looks like he is playing like that anymore, he had a bit of swag last year, Griffin had a bit of an issue also, but make a few plays and get the confidence up and you play a lot better.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Lets just call it what it is, a leggy, high-cut college safety trying to play corner in the NFL, with predictable results. Safety-to-corner conversions just don't happen. Not successful ones anyway. Never mind trying to make that conversion in tandem with the jump from college to the NFL.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Own The West":2yk96plc said:
Flowers needs a nickname. Something that can't press, can't close, can't hold position, and can't hit.

"Jennings" has already been taken.

How about "Stay Puft"?

Sounds like the "Seattle Mariners" to me.