Defense is for real

mistaowen

Reaction score
This secondary has me feeling like they're going to cause a big play every snap and it has been a LONG time since I felt that way. Adams and Witherspoon have energized the entire unit man, I love the passion they play with. Witherspoon genuinely is 1A/B for DROY in my opinion. Always around the ball, tremendous tackler, great awareness. Pete wasn't lying when he said he hasn't seen a guy with his skillset since Troy Polamalu and I absolutely love how they move him everywhere on the field. We got a good one.

Bobby's leadership can't be overstated either. How many blown coverages or misalignments have we seen this year? Something that was a constant last season. And to no one's surprise is once again one of the surest tacklers in the NFL. So damn happy he's back where he belongs.

That said - red zone offense and Geno's general play has got to be better. Very average game against the Bengals with some boneheaded plays, awful second half against the Rams, poor Giants game, really good game against the Lions. His downtrend since end of last season seems to be consistent unfortunately. A good team capitalizes on his turnovers today and they were lucky that Arizona is fishing for a top 3 pick. The schedule becomes a hell of a lot harder going forward - defense appears to have come alive, they have playmakers everywhere on offense, Geno got paid to be the guy so let's hope he sorts it out.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Defense has been carrying us lately. Loving it. We had an INT and a deep sack called back on penalties, too, at least one of which was kind of questionable.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said pretty much the same in the gameday forum. I love how the defense is coming together. This is exactly what I wanted to see from them this year

As for the offense. It’s still really good between the 20s but when the pressure is on we seem to screw the pooch almost every time.

Jville

Reaction score
The Clint Hurtt influence is evident in press conferences. Bobby Wagner and others are using that phrase "things of that nature"

The defense continues to learn and grow.

NoGain

Reaction score
Love that closing in on the ball and gang tackling. It's looks like they're really having fun out there now.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Side note:

Dallas has been freaking me out on punt returns all season. hopefully that's his ONLY fumble for the season.

mrblitz

Reaction score
this defense is exciting to watch. they make big plays. haven't seen a d this good in some years.

kidhawk

Reaction score

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don’t understand the low key bashing DeeJay gets. No he’s not Devin Hester or Adrian Peterson. But he is decent as a depth RB and above average as a returner. He’s top five in punt returns this year.

knownone

Reaction score
The Cardinals caught so many offensive breaks, and we still held them to 10 points. DVOA had their offense ranked 12th, and while my head says they can't be that good, we still shut down a decent offense.

Now imagine if Darrell Taylor knew how to set the edge consistently... We might actually shut someone out this season.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The Cardinals caught so many offensive breaks, and we still held them to 10 points. DVOA had their offense ranked 12th, and while my head says they can't be that good, we still shut down a decent offense.

Now imagine if Darrell Taylor knew how to set the edge consistently... We might actually shut someone out this season.
Our defense is turning into a terrorist organization that teams are gonna be afraid to face when it gets really cold and wet later this season/into the playoffs. That's why we HAVE TO get this redzone funk alleviated.