What reason is there to keep Ken Norton?

mistaowen

Reaction score
What positive does he bring? This is a bottom 3 if not the worst defense in all of the league. They’ve gotten worse as the season has gone on, gotten worse since he got the DC job. The only stops they get are when other teams make a mistake. No pressure, no coverage, no creativity. And I know a common defense is “he’s just a scapegoat” so I ask, what good does he do? What reason besides he’s known Pete forever? What statistical measure does he boost this team? Players are seemingly regressing each week.

34 points on the road by the offense isn’t enough to secure a win, it has to go to OT where their kicker misses to win the game.

If the offense doesn’t score 30 points a game, they probably lose. At what level is that acceptable?

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
And as I sent this, Tre Flowers is lined up 10 yards off the LOS to give an easy 10 yard pass into FG range. That is coaching.

ducks41468

Reaction score
This defense is truly grotesque and they will not get better. Honestly an all time worst defense

Rat

Reaction score
Why does the DC always get scapegoated? Doesn't our alleged defensive genius of a head coach over-rule him?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Why do they have flowers 10 yard off of Hopkins in the final minute?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
I don't know if this is entirely on Norton. We had a bottom 5 pass rush last season, and we did very little to address that issue this off season. Our defense is getting gassed and shredded because they can't get to the QB. I'm not a fan of Norton, but this feels like a front office disaster.

Reaction score
The line and lack of pressure isn't the most worrying thing, it's the awful coverage in the back field. After bringing in Dunbar and Adams, plus having Diggs from the start of the season, the defence should have improved. Its gone backwards though its just far too easy to move the sticks on this team by throwing it. The pass defence is atrocious.

Rat

Reaction score
BoltonWanderer":2qlv82p1 said:
The line and lack of pressure isn't the most worrying thing, it's the awful coverage in the back field. After bringing in Dunbar and Adams, plus having Diggs from the start of the season, the defence should have improved. Its gone backwards though its just far too easy to move the sticks on this team by throwing it. The pass defence is atrocious.

Did we even come close to a sack tonight? I don't want to hear any more this week about how people are being too hard on Collier. We need somebody on the line to show the hell up.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Gotta give it to the cards in the end. They mixed it up on D. While Norton
Didn't.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
519 more yards given up tonight. No sacks. Only forced 2 punts. Gave up 37 points. Take away was a gift from Murray overthrowing by about 10 yards.

What measure of a DC warrants him keeping his job? the defense was HORRIBLE last year and they’ve managed to get much worse.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Adams trade was dumb. Needed a pass rusher. That isn’t Norton’s fault.

We knew our DL sucked and we did not address it. That’s where the blame lies.