What has happened to Adams?

seabowl

Reaction score
Ever since he’s come back from the last injury, it seems like he’s missing a ton of tackles. I know this is a stretch, but it’s almost like he’s trying to avoid tackling to avoid injury as I’ve seen multiple times he has a clear shot to tackle and just does not. It’s just so opposite of what we saw from him prior to the last injury. Thoughts?

toffee

Reaction score
Ever since he’s come back from the last injury, it seems like he’s missing a ton of tackles. I know this is a stretch, but it’s almost like he’s trying to avoid tackling to avoid injury as I’ve seen multiple times he has a clear shot to tackle and just does not. It’s just so opposite of what we saw from him prior to the last injury. Thoughts?
Time, time heals.

Joshkihei

Reaction score
If a player is scared of getting hurt that player should not be in the nfl
He is getting paid millions to make that tackle and is wiffing way to much
that’s what he is in the game for to sack the Qb because it’s obvious he can’t cover anyone or get an interception

Joshkihei

Reaction score
If a player is scared of getting hurt that player should not be in the nfl
He is getting paid millions to make that tackle and is wiffing way to much
that’s what he is in the game for to sack the Qb because it’s obvious he can’t cover anyone or get an interception
Same with Diggs the organization paid him a lot and he is not playing up to his potential because he doesn’t want to get hurt
There has been way too many missed tackles and opportunities that our safeties haven’t been making

wyliecat

Reaction score
I find that Jamal doesn’t like to use his hands that much, I know he’s had some injury history with his hands but it seems like he has some difficulties catching and/or tackling with the use of his hands.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
My wife said last week that he looked like a retarded attack snake. Fast as F but missing everything -

When he wiffed on the sack - which, he had amazing speed on the play - I was like WHAT THE F***!!!!

Love his energy but dude needs to close.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I find that Jamal doesn’t like to use his hands that much, I know he’s had some injury history with his hands but it seems like he has some difficulties catching and/or tackling with the use of his hands.

He's protecting his labrum tears. Extending his arms and shoulders wrapping up puts the shoulders at risk. So he just attacks and tries to knock people over.

Honestly, Adams is playing better than I thought he would be 4-5 games back. I thought he was done.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think this is who Adams has been since he's been here. Everyone killed Greg Williams who said Seattle won't use him correctly but I think he was right. Adams probably was never a good fit for how Pete wants to play defense and that's not a knock on Jamall or Pete, it just wasn't a great fit.

Edit to add: I do think he's playing slight better than I thought too though. He will always miss some tackles because of his style but he is flying around. Zero chance he is here next year though with a 26 million cap hit which is absurd.

Polk738

Reaction score
I think at this point I would rather see Spoon blitz the QB than Adams, that whiff was so bad yesterday and I think he's so scared of getting injured again because he knows he is pretty much made of glass. Definitely agree on the cap hit, I don't see him being here next year and I'm very excited to see Reed play since he's been doing awesome on ST

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's protecting his labrum tears. Extending his arms and shoulders wrapping up puts the shoulders at risk. So he just attacks and tries to knock people over.

Honestly, Adams is playing better than I thought he would be 4-5 games back. I thought he was done.
Huh - never thought of that - good point.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think this is who Adams has been since he's been here. Everyone killed Greg Williams who said Seattle won't use him correctly but I think he was right. Adams probably was never a good fit for how Pete wants to play defense and that's not a knock on Jamall or Pete, it just wasn't a great fit.

Edit to add: I do think he's playing slight better than I thought too though. He will always miss some tackles because of his style but he is flying around. Zero chance he is here next year though with a 26 million cap hit which is absurd.
I feel like when Adams first got here, we used him right and he played well. He was like an unstoppable guided missile when he blitzed. We kept him out of coverage for the most part and he was great.

Could be the injuries, I don’t know, but he can’t do what he did when he first got here. I see the coaches try, but he just doesn’t have it anymore🤷🏻‍♂️

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Huh - never thought of that - good point.

Adams was doing this after the 1st shoulder injury, just running into players and pulling up at the goalline......and other injury saving business decisions.

I see the same thing now, nothing's changed.

To be fair though, this was a big part of his game before all the injuries. He runs and hits, he's just doing it much slower with more misses now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I feel like when Adams first got here, we used him right and he played well. He was like an unstoppable guided missile when he blitzed. We kept him out of coverage for the most part and he was great.

Could be the injuries, I don’t know, but he can’t do what he did when he first got here. I see the coaches try, but he just doesn’t have it anymore🤷🏻‍♂️
You may be right? The weird thing is he was really good in coverage in NY so its odd he has never been good at it here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Adams is generally playing very good football right now. He's covering tons of ground, and his coverage is good despite having more varied assignments than anyone else on the defense. He's doing whatever is asked and doing it all pretty well.

If he could wrap up better on tackles, he'd be playing absolutely ideal football right now.

I don't know why people are so down on him. Is it the missed tackles, or is he just a lightning rod for anger because of his past disappointments? I'm not letting that color my current perception of him, because he's flying around out there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Adams is generally playing very good football right now. He's covering tons of ground, and his coverage is good despite having more varied assignments than anyone else on the defense. He's doing whatever is asked and doing it all pretty well.

If he could wrap up better on tackles, he'd be playing absolutely ideal football right now.

I don't know why people are so down on him. Is it the missed tackles, or is he just a lightning rod for anger because of his past disappointments? I'm not letting that color my current perception of him, because he's flying around out there.

I'm not down on him now, like I said I'm actually pleasantly surprised Adams is still upright and playing.

Will he be here next year? Nope.