Love me some Doug Pederson

zchurch74

Reaction score
Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson said he is sticking with quarterback Carson Wentz as his starter for next Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks despite Wentz's continuing struggles.

cymatica

Reaction score
Or he knows Seattle can't handle backups and the gameplan involves pulling Wentz in the 2nd qtr

Rat

Reaction score
Stupid idea. Giving Hurts his first career start in a game against OUR defense would be really nice for his confidence.

xray

Reaction score
Penciling in an automatic ' W ' and looking past the next opponent is asking for trouble in the NFL .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Fans being confident has NO impact on the game.
They are the much better team, and will win the game regardless who is under center. And Seattle can't handle back up QB's? Oh brother......
Even after their best defensive performance, holding Murray to 15 yards rushing and the Cards to around 350 yards, let's continue to take shots at them. :?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
So what are people's opinions from a Seahawk perspective who do we want to see? Wentz or Hurts. I know that recent signs are encouraging but if there is no pass rush, I fear a get right game for Wentz. Hurts would be an unknown and the ability to run and make plays with no film but I would think playing Kyler Murray twice would give our D an idea on how to handle a QB like that. And he runs and throws nowhere near as well as Murray does he?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Are we seriously worried about which QB the 3-6 Eagles are going to put out there?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope. The Hawks are the better team. I wouldn't be surprised if they play us tough, but in the end, I don't see the Hawks losing this one. Anything can happen in the NFL, but I couldn't care less who is playing QB for them. The Hawks will be ready to roll, and they certainly are not going in to any game worried and/or intimidated.
And I certainly don't buy in to the idea that they can't beat back up QB's.

cymatica

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":l5iqmsud said:
The Fans being confident has NO impact on the game.
They are the much better team, and will win the game regardless who is under center. And Seattle can't handle back up QB's? Oh brother......
Even after their best defensive performance, holding Murray to 15 yards rushing and the Cards to around 350 yards, let's continue to take shots at them. :

Not a shot, it's been a pattern since Pete got here. The stats on Murray mean absolutely nothing. Look at Jimmy's vs Mullen's stats in the 49ers game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you think they can't beat a back up, that's fine, and that's your opinion.
I'm supposed to be impressed with a bunch of yardage in garbage time when the Hawks were up 30-7? Garbage time yards and points, against this team, when they have the game in hand is nothing new.
And it means nothing. Just sounds like another in a long list of things people claim the Hawks can't do.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2kxch17d said:
Are we seriously worried about which QB the 3-6 Eagles are going to put out there?

Hey, hey, hey... slow down there. It's the 3-6-1 Eagles, if you don't mind. And by virtue of that tie, they're currently leading their division because the three other teams are all 3-7. Let's give uh... credit where it's due.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qux2kfri said:
Nice Avatar. That's a moment we will never forget :mrgreen:

OK, I don't want to hijack the thread, but yeah, I love that moment so much.
Thanks for mentioning it!
And XLVIII was extra-sweet for me because it was against the Broncos, and extra-extra-sweet because The Teeth was the GM (still is!), so we got to see plenty of shots of him as the 'Hawks utterly destroyed his team in front of a giant worldwide audience.

In case there are any whippersnappers here who don't recognize my avatar, here's the story.

cymatica

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":27nw0teu said:
If you think they can't beat a back up, that's fine, and that's your opinion.
I'm supposed to be impressed with a bunch of yardage in garbage time when the Hawks were up 30-7? Garbage time yards and points, against this team, when they have the game in hand is nothing new.
And it means nothing. Just sounds like another in a long list of things people claim the Hawks can't do.

Never said they can't beat a backup, but anyone without homer glasses on knows their history. Hell, Wilsons very first game, against AZ, Skelton got injured then Leinart comes in and shreds the defense. How about Rothlessburger getting injured and we barely beat Rudolf who was horrible all year. I bet you can't find a game where we played a backup and contained him, but if you did it would be the exception.

I don't know why some people get so offended when people bring up reality. My post was also just a joke, based on what has happened in the past.

cymatica

Reaction score
I really don't understand what there is to disagree with. They have a track record of making backup or rookie qbs look good, especially when you see how other teams handle the same players.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Letting a back up have a good game is a lot different than LOSING to a backup. Almost losing isn't losing.
It's just a message board, it's ok to disagree. I just don't get caught up in expecting the worse, dwelling on something that's in the past or actually believing that this team is gonna' lose if they play a backup.
Yardage doesn't equal wins. This team SHOULD win on Monday, but the Eagles will very likely give us a tough battle. And it won't be because the Hawks are exposed or even if the backup comes in and plays well.
The better team will come out on the top, and that's the Hawks. Regardless how it looks, Winning is the only thing that matters.

Latest posts