Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remaining games predictions

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Remaining games predictions
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:51 am
  • Giants - Win - back home again
    Jets - most dangerous game left on the schedule - they are 0-11 and have nothing to lose, we have everything to lose.
    Washington - long road trip again, tough Win
    Rams - Loss - Pete get's outcoached by McVay every time. You would hope one day they will figure McVay out, but for now he owns Pete
    49ers - Win, must win to make up for losing to the Rams, again, and to get to the playoffs. Ugly, sloppy game, but we win.

I think we LOSE one of the Giants, Jets, Washington games, just not sure which one?

Saints & Packers 1st round playoff bye

Seahawks final record: 11-5 - barely make playoffs
    MO Hawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Re: Remaining games predictions
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:13 am
  • MO Hawk wrote:Giants - Win - back home again
    Jets - most dangerous game left on the schedule - they are 0-11 and have nothing to lose, we have everything to lose.
    Washington - long road trip again, tough Win
    Rams - Loss - Pete get's outcoached by McVay every time. You would hope one day they will figure McVay out, but for now he owns Pete
    49ers - Win, must win to make up for losing to the Rams, again, and to get to the playoffs. Ugly, sloppy game, but we win.

I think we LOSE one of the Giants, Jets, Washington games, just not sure which one?

Saints & Packers 1st round playoff bye

Seahawks final record: 11-5 - barely make playoffs

Only one team gets a bye.

Jets have lots to lose, namely the #1 pick in the draft. They don't want to win that game.;)
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:43 am
  • Toughest game left is WAS. Alex Smith has historically played us well and they have a very good DLine. The neutraliser is going to be the Grass Field at their stadium. It has caused too many catastrophic injuries to players and the League has done nothing about it. I just want to get out of that game without injuries.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:56 am
  • Concur with the concerns about WAS game, both in terms of their D-Line pressure and that awful grass field and the horrible injuries that have been suffered there.

Wins against NYG and Jets should be relatively straightforward (As far as these things go), but the other three games are going to be tough sledding. I think the 49ers game could ruin our number 1 seed bid like last year with the very last game - they are getting people back healthy, including Sherman who will just love to spoil our party.

The last 3 games will be where the rubber meets the road!
    Followthelegion
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 am
  • MO Hawk wrote:Saints & Packers 1st round playoff bye

Wrong

MO Hawk wrote:Seahawks final record: 11-5 - barely make playoffs

Wrong

We will either drop one to the Rams or the Niners, and end the season at 12-4
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:26 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:
    MO Hawk wrote:Saints & Packers 1st round playoff bye

Wrong

Wrong

Also trying to figure out how 11-5 barely gets us in the playoffs.

The current final seed already has 5 losses... :lol:
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:55 pm
  • 12-4 with the only loss coming against SF on the last game of the year, but only because we already have the division sewn up resting dudes.

Unfortunately neither GB or NO is going to drop more than one game either, so that puts us as division winners, but the #3 seed.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:11 pm
  • Giants - Win - Colt McCoy? Cmon. Easy win.
    Jets - Win - They are tanking, only reason Gase hasnt been fired yet. This is the game Russ should be resting by the 4th quarter, but with Pete as coach we win by 10.
    Washington - Win - That D line scares me, but Alex Smith doesnt. Should be close though.
    Rams - Loss - I don't see how anyone can predict a victory against the Rams since they own us.
    Niners - Depends - all depends on whether it means anything for seeding and who is playing for the Niners.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:21 pm
  • Lose one of the games against NY, NY, Washington. Lose to LA, wind against SF.
    capncrunch
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:04 pm
  • Giants W
    Jets W
    Washington L
    Rams W
    49ers W

I think it's the Washington game that gets us. We'll be ready for the Rams.

12-4 division winner, probably 2 or 3 seed.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:11 pm
  • Week 8 is generally when everything clicks and we start blowing people out. Given there was no preseason this year, that would put us on pace to click in week 12...

I think we handle the 3 east coast teams and make a statement against the Rams.

Week 17 we'll be 12-3 and resting people against SF. We have the strength of schedule tie breaker against the Packers so the game shouldn't matter.
    Own The West
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:42 pm
  • Lose to WFT and win the rest
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:35 pm
  • I don’t know what y’all are talking about.
    At worst we we go 4-1, our floor is 11-4.

We will fly by these NFC East Jokers and the hapless
    jets. Then it comes down to the Final 2 games. The 49ers
    Will be long since be playing for nothing.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:04 am
  • To everyone who is saying we'll lose to Washington: SERIOUSLY?!? Their wins are against Cincinnati (who lost Burrow), Philly, Dallas, and Dallas! They lost to Detroit and the New York Giants! If we lose to Washington, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs!!!
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:37 am
  • Everything is just starting to click for us and we are shaping into our end of year form, just a little later than usual. I truly think we run the table going into the playoffs provided that we dont lose Dunlap for to long. Then we just have to hope the saints drop a few without Brees. #1 Seed and first round bye, this is our year I can feel it all coming together! Thanks to the Dunlap pickup, without him this would not be happening.
    Hawkfandrew
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:28 pm
  • 12 and 4 at worst.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:54 pm
  • i think you're wrong about NYJ. That isn't even close to the most dangerous game. Have you seen/heard about the washington defensive front? That has a recipe for disaster if Schotty isn't on his prime game. The NYJ game is going to almost exactly like the Eagles....They can push/pull/whine/cry, but no matter what they do, we can do better.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:56 pm
  • Giants - Win
    Jets - Win
    Washington - Loss - Trap Game
    Rams - Win - Must win game to try and control the division
    49ers - Loss - Niners are finally healthy-ish, NFL has overlooked last year's NFC Champion because they've been injured badly all year.

11-5 - Wildcard Team, Second round playoff exit. As Pete reverts to 100% Pete Ball without an elite defense. We continue to make excuses how this is a playoff team and no changes should be made.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:30 pm
  • Agree with the Washington L. I think it will be close but, they're a lot more dangerous than their record shows.

Of course, we'll all be happy with a clean sweep.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:42 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:Giants - Win
    Jets - Win
    49ers - Loss - Niners are finally healthy-ish, NFL has overlooked last year's NFC Champion because they've been injured badly all year.

11-5 - Wildcard Team, Second round playoff exit. As Pete reverts to 100% Pete Ball without an elite defense. We continue to make excuses how this is a playoff team and no changes should be made.

Wow. Did you miss the memo that quinine water is not highly recommended for binge drinking?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 pm
  • Some commentators talk about what a soft schedule we have to finish. Color me skeptical. Was and the 49ers are getting better and now the Rams have something to prove. I don't see us losing all three, but losing one is very likely and there is a real risk of losing two. My guess, 11-5, but winning the division on a tie breaker. Agree with Appyhawk that a second round playoff exit is likely. At the beginning of the season, I thought of us as favorites for the Super Bowl. While our defense has improved, I don't think it can hang with the top teams.
    diver110
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 pm
  • :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:26 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:Giants - Win
    Jets - Win

Wow. Did you miss the memo that quinine water is not highly recommended for binge drinking?

I love it when people make responses like the above or "stop drinking the kool aid" and of course our favorite #fakenews, things to discount with absolutely no meat to it. Meanwhile my statement as depressing as it may be as a Seahawk fan (at the end of the day, we all still root for the same team) is made because this has pretty much been the EXACT outcome for our Hawks for the last like 4-5+ years straight.

Tell me since 2014...has the team ever made it past 2 games in the playoffs? did the teams not lose those games because once again the team went back into run, run, pass for 3.5 quarters while the opposing team built a nice lead while tiring out the defense and now Russ work your magic in the final 10 minutes to overcome 10-14 points while the opposing team blitzes the living crap out of you....oh and ZERO mistakes can be made at that time as well.

The water i'm binge drinking....is the results of our team seasons year after year. I would LOVE to be proved wrong, but I'm not seeing anything that is telling me Pete is going to suddenly adapt. You tell me how many 69 year olds who have developed a winning formula over decades suddenly decides "the game has changed around me, the talent I want for my scheme is NOT there, I should re-do my formula).
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:30 pm
  • Elemas wrote:Agree with the Washington L. I think it will be close but, they're a lot more dangerous than their record shows.

Of course, we'll all be happy with a clean sweep.

Agreed here which is why I labelled it as "Trap game" everyone is overlooking them as a bad team, but if you look at their performances they're not half bad and they are still playing for a playoff spot. They also look to be improving on offense through the season.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:15 pm
  • There seems to be a lot of talk about THE Washington Footballz Team's defensive prowess, but last time I checked, offensive production was not a problem for the Seahawks. Sure, there has been a bit of shuffling in this weird season with letting Russ do his thang, then trying to get back to running as health allows.

Gonna go with L to Rams. (or San Fran if it doesn't matter at that point.)
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:47 pm
  • I don’t know why people think the stretch down the road is easy.

This isn’t a cupcake schedule.

Seattle could very well lose 3 of the remaining games:

Washington
    Rams
    Niners

If the coaches game plan wrong and play into the other teams strengths, Seattle can slip up and lose these 3 games.

I’m not convinced Carroll has learned from his mistakes cause every game he makes 2-3 costly game changing coaching mistakes, time management, bad end zone calls, being too conservative, etc. he is consistent when it comes to making egregious errors that prove costly.

I’m just not sold Seattle can put away these teams because of Carroll thinking too conservatively.

Don’t sleep on Washington, they can pressure Wilson with their front four rather easily.

Seattle can lose these three games if Carroll gets out coached and Carroll does not take Washington seriously.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:52 pm
  • They could also WIN all 3, so there is that.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:55 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:They could also WIN all 3, so there is that.

What would you say is more likely?

Winning all three, or losing all three?
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:56 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:They could also WIN all 3, so there is that.

What would you say is more likely?

Winning all three, or losing all three?

winning all 3
    misfit
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:57 pm
  • Winning all 3, absolutely. This is a damn good team, if you don't think they are, that's fine.
    I still stick to my 11-5, but I can see 12-4 happening. Not sure why people are so down on these guys.
    Have at it, fan how you want. We can agree to disagree :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:38 pm
  • I don't think it's a knock on your team to think it's not going to easily just sweep a division opponent, especially since they're 2-2 in the division right now. The Rams team already showed this year (and every year prior) they are like kryptonite to RW and PC offenses, they're one of the few division teams that have swept the Hawks even in the LOB prime and those were 7-9 Rams teams (the talent is mostly still there on defense for the Rams, you could argue the offense is better and the coach is certainly better). Then you got the Niners who I think some of us are forgetting was the best team in the NFC last year and are getting healthy towards the end of the year and picking up steam. They're not going to just roll over and die at home Week 17 especially if they're playing for their wildcard chances and need it more than the Hawks at that point.

The NFCLeast are going to find a win here and there, and you hope it's not against your team. Especially your team that still does not have an identity in week 12. The Seahawks are a good team, they are not an ELITE team (I think KC and Steelers only teams looking that way right now in the entire NFL). So yeah to think they could lose 2 out of the remaining 5 is realistic. And if you see them only losing 2 in the remaining 5 and none of those 2 are the division...well that means you're gonna lose to the NFCLeast (which will give u no faith in the division games).
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:59 pm
  • Love the Hawks and can see them winning out because they have the ability to do so now that the D is coming around. But the thing is you cant ever simply rely on them playing to their ability. Because invariably, in random situations, like the first cards game, they will forget how to counter heavy rushes. Or like against the Bills, they just look completely lost and dont adjust properly to what the opposing team is doing. And like many have said, the Rams have our number.

So best case? they play up and win out.
    Worst case, they catch another case of 'WTF were they thinking' and drop one to Washington, the Rams, and the Niners.

If i had to guess, i think we drop one to Washington, actually beat the Rams on the rebound because i think our pass rush can really throw Goff off balance this go-round. But coming off of that high, we go into SF overconfident and lose a close one to the 9ers, making a game of it after falling behind as a result of a bunch of self inflicted wounds in the first half.

And all of that will bode well for us because we head into the playoffs @ 11-5 with a bit of fire in our pockets and desire to prove we belong. We will make the NFC championship game this year. Beyond that? Stay tuned.
    keasley45
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:44 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:Especially your team that still does not have an identity in week 12.

You know I actually was thinking about what I wrote earlier this morning, and had this glimmer of hope. Is this lack of identity actually proof maybe an old dog (PC) can learn new tricks? and I'm finally getting what I've always been asking for....a team that adapts/gameplans to it's opponent vs sticking with a gameplan/identity every game even if it does not match up against the opponent? Time will tell.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:42 am
  • PC is a solid B+.

The Hawks will always be contenders.

I guess good enough is good enough. But don't expect any excitement. Not the PC way.

See below:

"1. There is no good explanation for that call.
    2. See No. 1.
    3. The Patriots are absolutely, unequivocally worthy Super Bowl champions. They were one of the best teams in the league all year and the best team over the course of the postseason. They were probably the best team in this game. And let’s be clear about something else: Butler made a fantastic play to intercept Wilson.
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:10 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:
    MO Hawk wrote:Saints & Packers 1st round playoff bye

Wrong

Wrong

12-5 a whole lot more likely? I said the Jets were the most dangerous team left on the schedule. Maybe not now that we lost to the Giants, more motivation to win that one, HOWEVER, I'm sure the Steelers were looking past Washington tonight and BAM, undefeated season gone. Never underestimate any team in the NFL or consider any game an easy win.

New prediction,
    Jets - Win
    Washington - Win
    Rams - Loss
    49ers Win

Final record 11-5, Rams win NFC West, Seattle is a wild card team given the way they are playing lately. You would think they would realize the value of a 1st round bye and play up to that level. BTW, I hope I am Wrong and that we win out and win the division. Until we figure out how to beat zone coverage, we're in trouble.
    MO Hawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:06 am
  • Jets - Win
    Washington - Loss
    Rams - Loss
    49ers - even
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 am