Seattle Defense Top 10

rcaido

Reaction score
Do you think we adjusted already? I haven't screamed at the defense as much, so i decided to check out some stats.

Pass Defense - Still bottom tier at 32 but the past 3 games, we are actually ranked 5th best. Giants 4th
Points per game - 23rd overall / last 3 games ranked 8th
Rush Defense - Ranked 5th overall
Sacks - Ranked 7th overall, last 3 games 2nd
Total yards allowed - Ranked 31st but last 3 games 5th overall

Looks like a top 10 defense the past 3 weeks. Maybe by playoffs, the offense & defense will click at the same time!

Just note, Giants defense is considered top 10. Giants in the last 7 games are 5-2. The two losses, they lost by combine 3points.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Joe Judge is a really good coach. There are only two coaches on the team that talks to the entire team at once, the head coach and the special teams coach. Joe Judge was the teams coach for New England for 5 seasons.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same defense that just gave up 135 rushing yards to Wayne Gallman and couldnt get off the field when they had to in the 4th? Just curious.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1upq9r9p said:
Are we talking about the same defense that just gave up 135 rushing yards to Wayne Gallman and couldnt get off the field when they had to in the 4th? Just curious.

If you break it down Gallman had 3 carries for 5yrds at half and then on 3 carries in the 2nd half had 96(60,23,13) So the other 10 carries went for 39. I don’t know or understand how they came out so flat but those 3 plays were the damage.

And even though they coughed it up on those two drives they played much better than the first half of the season, which is the point of the OP I think.

Not to mention the D did get off the field with a huge stop that gave the ball to Russ with 1:48 and 2 t.o.......should’ve been 3 if Pete didn’t “mismanage” :sarcasm_on:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We've played one of the worst QBs in the NFL at the moment in Carson Wentz, Colt McCoy, another bottom tier QB. We did alright against the Cardinals. Our defense over the last few weeks is fools gold, when we face a competent passer again we're not going to do so hot. The Giants were also able to run on us at will in the second half.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1uxi4h4a said:
pittpnthrs":1uxi4h4a said:

If you break it down Gallman had 3 carries for 5yrds at half and then on 3 carries in the 2nd half had 96(60,23,13) So the other 10 carries went for 39. I don’t know or understand how they came out so flat but those 3 plays were the damage.

And even though they coughed it up on those two drives they played much better than the first half of the season, which is the point of the OP I think.

Not to mention the D did get off the field with a huge stop that gave the ball to Russ with 1:48 and 2 t.o.......should’ve been 3 if Pete didn’t “mismanage” :sarcasm_on:

The Giants possession started with 6 minutes on the clock. I guess better late than never right?

LTH

Reaction score
rcaido":14g2jwcn said:
Do you think we adjusted already? I haven't screamed at the defense as much, so i decided to check out some stats.

Pass Defense - Still bottom tier at 32 but the past 3 games, we are actually ranked 5th best. Giants 4th
Points per game - 23rd overall / last 3 games ranked 8th
Rush Defense - Ranked 5th overall
Sacks - Ranked 7th overall, last 3 games 2nd
Total yards allowed - Ranked 31st but last 3 games 5th overall

Looks like a top 10 defense the past 3 weeks. Maybe by playoffs, the offense & defense will click at the same time!

Just note, Giants defense is considered top 10. Giants in the last 7 games are 5-2. The two losses, they lost by combine 3points.

I think there is more work to be done with the D but I think they are FINALLY gelling a bit... Jury is still out... not looking past the Jet game but the Hawks have 3 really tough games ahead that are going to test this D Washington, the Rams and the Niners who I am NOT looking past at all...

I think the D has turned for the better... I think Reed has done a really good job at corner I think the D line is playing MUCH better and I think they have a realistic chance to be very good.... much better than the stats for the year say...

We will see when over the next few games...

LTH

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":e00kver5 said:
Flyingsquad23":e00kver5 said:
pittpnthrs":e00kver5 said:

The Giants possession started with 6 minutes on the clock. I guess better late than never right?

That’s correct.....when you are trailing it is always better to get the ball back than to never get it back.

You claimed “they couldn’t get off the field when they had to in the 4th”. That was not correct.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Snake Oil. Lets see how they perform against a McVay led offense which has seen tape of them playing their newly discovered defense.

diver110

Reaction score
Not just about stats. It is about delivering when it counts. Hawks a little light on that count.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3gebipl0 said:

yep... we are talking about THAT D right there

There has been continuing consistent improvement on this D... they aren't done working it out but they are getting better they are starting to gel and they have a legitimate chance to be a one of the best D units in the league over the next 4 games... the Rams and 49er game will be the big games to tell how good they are before the playoffs....

they put the O in position to win the game..

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":31tujk4p said:
pittpnthrs":31tujk4p said:

yep... we are talking about THAT D right there

There has been continuing consistent improvement on this D... they aren't done working it out but they are getting better they are starting to gel and they have a legitimate chance to be a one of the best D units in the league over the next 4 games... the Rams and 49er game will be the big games to tell how good they are before the playoffs....

they put the O in position to win the game..

LTH

A legitimate chance to be one of the leagues best units over the next 4 games? Lol, come on man. Nobody really believes that except for you.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Defense has been playing way better the last few weeks. I know people want to get into the "but they played bad offenses", but this defense was giving up 30 PPG before on average, and would let anybody chuck it around and score points, particularly in the fourth quarter, earlier in the season. So what we're seeing right now is promising and is not them just continuing to do that.

If that defense is improved enough to actually get some stops and the offense wakes up these dudes will finish out strong. I actually feel more optimistic about this team than I did the "Let Russ Cook" version.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The defense is improving because we have players who are improving.

Adams - his coverage is getting better, and he's getting sacks
Diggs - starting to make more plays
Brooks - he's going to be really good for us. good to finally see a high impact rookie
DJ Reed - a pleasant surprise - playing well and making plays
Griffin - still above average, but the secondary is better when he's on the field
Dunlap - playing well and making players around him better
Jarran Reed - playing well lately
Ford - a solid player who has been coming into form this season
Collier - coming into form this season
Mayowa - starting to get more pressures lately

Yes it has been against lower level competition, but nonetheless it is improvement.

OP
OP
rcaido

rcaido

Reaction score
Update Last 3 games for Seahawks Defense

Pass Defense - Seattle is ranked #1 in Passing yards allowed allowed but overall #32
Rush Defense - Seattle is ranked #15 in Rushing yards allowed but overall #4
Sacks - Seattle is ranked #4 overall is ranked #7
Total yards Allowed- Seattle is ranked #1 in Total yards allowed but overall #27

I know this was a the Jets but this is what i was looking for, when the offense & defense both click. We are starting to get healthy too.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Top 10? No. Consider who they have played.

Bottom 10? Also no. Look at the stats over the last several games.

Reality, I would say they are between 11th and 16th overall. Of course I would think that since it is where I predicted they would be at the end of the season.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
3 of the worst offenses in the league, 2 are at the bottom.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
As far as the stats looking better due to a weaker schedule of offences now, how is that any different than the teams who padded their stats early in the year for playing those same weaker teams?

Latest posts