Rest'em or play'em

Chawker

Reaction score
We all know petes goin to play them, but do you think he will be a bit more liberal with substitutions, maybe like in the second half with a lead. Either way we're going to be the 3rd seed ?
Cheers

Polaris

Reaction score
I suspect that there will be quite a bit of scoreboard watching. I know that the players and coaches deny it, but I'd be shocked if they didn't in this case. If it looks like Green Bay is running away with things, then I expect Pete will be fairly liberal with his substitutions. Same goes for New Orleans. Otherwise if those other games look close, I expect Pete to play full out.

TypeSly

Reaction score
No way, Pete's resting anyone, unless they're hobbled already. There's still a chance to win the conference, and resting players while thinking ahead has proven to be detrimental to teams who have done that in the past.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
All three meaningful games to Seattle take place at the same time.

GB/CHI, NO/CAR, & SEA/SF all have a kick-off time at 1:25 PM PST.

There's still so much more to play for for the top-3 seeded teams. Same is true to CHI, AZ, LAR, & TB.

sutz

Reaction score
Polaris":rjkwr1zs said:
I suspect that there will be quite a bit of scoreboard watching. I know that the players and coaches deny it, but I'd be shocked if they didn't in this case. If it looks like Green Bay is running away with things, then I expect Pete will be fairly liberal with his substitutions. Same goes for New Orleans. Otherwise if those other games look close, I expect Pete to play full out.
:ditto: Yeah, what he said. Unless we get a huge 2d half lead, or the other games are blowouts, or maybe both, I don't see Pete resting a lot of guys. If it's looking like the Jets game late 3rd Qtr, then yeah take them out.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We have a chance at the 1 seed? Why would we?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Our rotation philosophy will remain exactly the same as it has been until we've taken care of everything that we can control in regards to the #1 seed.

After that, several players will be pulled & rested for the playoffs.

Yes, I used "our" & "we" quite liberally so deal with it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I guess I'd see how it goes. I'd definitely keep an eye on the scoreboard, especially in the 4th quarter. We need the Packers to lose and the Saints to either lose or tie in order to get the #1 seed and one of those two to lose if we are to get the #2 seed, so if one or both of those teams are up by a large margin in the 4th quarter, I'd start resting players or at least not calling plays that are going to put Russell in harm's way.

It's not just about resting our starters. There's also some value in getting our backups PT.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2gf37iu7 said:
Our rotation philosophy will remain exactly the same as it has been until we've taken care of everything that we can control in regards to the #1 seed.

Haha that's funny because I want to use those terms on everything I write, but I have to consciously tell myself to write "The Seahawks" or "their" so that I don't get grilled by some on this board :mrgreen:

RiverDog

Reaction score
TypeSly":1g4rz7ot said:
Hockey Guy":1g4rz7ot said:

Haha that's funny because I want to use those terms on everything I write, but I have to consciously tell myself to write "The Seahawks" or "their" so that I don't get grilled by some on this board :mrgreen:

You won't get grilled by me. I speak very possessively about the Seahawks as I feel that I'm a part of the team. I'm not ashamed about it.

TypeSly

Reaction score
RiverDog":2l0wj30b said:
TypeSly":2l0wj30b said:
Hockey Guy":2l0wj30b said:

You won't get grilled by me. I speak very possessively about the Seahawks as I feel that I'm a part of the team. I'm not ashamed about it.

Thanks! I still use "our" or "we" all the time, but I try not to do it more than once per post. As for the grilling, I've seen it happen a few times.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2ukcxktv said:

Hey, if you're posting on a team's forum, that means you have an emotional investment in the team. I don't see the issue with using "we" or "us."
We're all fans of the team. We all feel like a part of the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Play em'...............until it's time to rest them.

Meaning if we get to halftime Sunday and either of the Saints or Packers game looks like a beat down and our chances are zero for the #1 seed, start pulling the starters out of the game throughout the 2nd half.

The reality is the matchup scenarios between who we play from the #5-7 seed, etc is negligible vs already having the #3 seed locked up. It won't matter.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jerhawk":ic369n41 said:
Hey, if you're posting on a team's forum, that means you have an emotional investment in the team. I don't see the issue with using "we" or "us." We're all fans of the team. We all feel like a part of the team.

Quite honestly any fan that has a problem with fellow fans using "we" and "ours" and "us" when talking about the Seahawks need to get over themselves. Every fanbase does it, and the vast majority do.

TypeSly

Reaction score
No matter what the scores are in the other games, if Seattle isn't winning against the 49'ers, I don't think Pete is resting anyone. Going into the playoffs with a loss isn't good for the players' confidence or their morale.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hockey Guy":tr59dpmv said:

Don't worry; you're part of the team. You're #12. You just don't see the field as much as the other numbers.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
For the life of me I thought the GB and NO games were early ones. Have to play the starters until half time I would say. All depends on whats going on with the other games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, originally they were both the early games, but they bumped them to the afternoon a couple days back. Bummer really. I was hoping we would know before our game started.
And I think most of of us say "we" "our" "us" etc.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No resting unless the game is well in hand.
We don't need an out of sync team like the Dallas playoff game.
Can't played scared about injuries either

Latest posts