Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The clutchest player in the NFL...

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
The clutchest player in the NFL...
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:57 pm
  • is Russell Wilson. Our offense played terrible all game and hadn't scored a single touchdown. Then Russel leads three straight TD drives on the final three drives of the game. Who does that? He never lets the pressure gets to him and he shines the brightest when it matters the most.

Here's some neat stats:
    Russel Wilson has the most game winning drive of any player since he entered the league in 2012. He has the 7th most of any active player period, while playing 5-10 years less then all the other leaders.

He is the most clutch player in the league.
    Last edited by Welshers on Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Re: The clutchest player in the NFL...
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:58 pm
  • That must explain his dogcrap play in the 1st 3 quarters.

He's focused getting the record for the most comeback wins.

/s
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:58 pm
  • It's "Russell". He has been the starting QB for nearly a decade, probably has deserved enough respect to at least have his name spelled correctly.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:01 pm
  • Rat wrote:It's "Russell". He has been the starting QB for nearly a decade, probably has deserved enough respect to at least have his name spelled correctly.

Lol
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:07 pm
  • Rat wrote:It's "Russell". He has been the starting QB for nearly a decade, probably has deserved enough respect to at least have his name spelled correctly.

He spelled it right the first time, sometimes the ad will interfere with typing, I have to go back and add omitted keystrokes frequently since we added all the garbage.

Now if he spelled it Ruskell I might agree.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:08 pm

It was typo or brain fart, I know how to spell it. What I dont know if why you are always such a jerk with your posts
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:09 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Rat wrote:It's "Russell". He has been the starting QB for nearly a decade, probably has deserved enough respect to at least have his name spelled correctly.

He spelled it right the first time, sometimes the ad will interfere with typing, I have to go back and add omitted keystrokes frequently since we added all the garbage.

Only the coolest of men sip diet coke from a goblet.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:16 pm
  • Welshers wrote:
    Rat wrote:It's "Russell". He has been the starting QB for nearly a decade, probably has deserved enough respect to at least have his name spelled correctly.

It was typo or brain fart, I know how to spell it. What I dont know if why you are always such a jerk with your posts

Because he's "Rat", and that's just who he is.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 pm
  • renofox wrote:That must explain his dogcrap play in the 1st 3 quarters.

/s

if you notice, since Pete switched up how he wanted the games to be handled Schotty is probably under direction from Pete and has pulled the reins on Wilson again. He wants his run game and defense but hopefully he will be more open to giving Wilson more time to do his thing with the offense in the playoffs. I feel like, from the offenses perspective, it has to be a mental grind every week to know what they can do and know they are capable of a lot more. Pure conjecture on my part, but I just feel like when they went through that rough stretch in the middle of the season he brought everyone back in to how he usually likes to do things..especially when he saw the defense coming around where he was confident they would get to.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 pm
  • Expected this thread to be about Lockett, really. That dude comes through time and time again.
    potatohead33
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:19 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:

It was misspelled twice at first. Not sure why he only edited one of them.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:21 pm
  • potatohead33 wrote:Expected this thread to be about Lockett, really. That dude comes through time and time again.

Yeah, has that guy ever had a bad drop? His body control is absolutely awe-inspiring. I don't know how you even train for that.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:22 pm
  • Russell Wilson has certainly not been the "clutchest" player in the NFL this year. Talk about rose-colored glasses...
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:24 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

It was an honest mistake. Just be a kinder person from now on.
    Last edited by Welshers on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:26 pm
  • niveky wrote:
    renofox wrote:That must explain his dogcrap play in the 1st 3 quarters.

/s

if you notice, since Pete switched up how he wanted the games to be handled Schotty is probably under direction from Pete and has pulled the reins on Wilson again. He wants his run game and defense but hopefully he will be more open to giving Wilson more time to do his thing with the offense in the playoffs. I feel like, from the offenses perspective, it has to be a mental grind every week to know what they can do and know they are capable of a lot more. Pure conjecture on my part, but I just feel like when they went through that rough stretch in the middle of the season he brought everyone back in to how he usually likes to do things..especially when he saw the defense coming around where he was confident they would get to.

You are correct in your perspective
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Russell Wilson has certainly not been the "clutchest" player in the NFL this year. Talk about rose-colored glasses...

Yeah he is only 3rd In game winning drives in NFL this year. Oh wait that's good. Talk about hater glasses
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:33 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Russell Wilson has certainly not been the "clutchest" player in the NFL this year. Talk about rose-colored glasses...

Yeah he is only 3rd In game winning drives in NFL this year. Oh wait that's good. Talk about hater glasses

So... he's the third clutchest player in the NFL this year?
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:46 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Russell Wilson has certainly not been the "clutchest" player in the NFL this year. Talk about rose-colored glasses...

Do you honestly think "clutch" is an accurate way to describe Russell's second-half-of-the-season performance? Just curious if you can be honest with yourself or not.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:01 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Who cares?? As long as we know who he's talking about .Grammar police were already annoying in the 90's.. thought most of them had faded away by now. I have mispellings all the time, most due to typos because I suck with the keyboard. It sucks even more to have to waste time replying to the grammar police.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:09 pm
  • TypeSly wrote:Who cares?? As long as we know who he's talking about .Grammar police were already annoying in the 90's.. thought most of them had faded away by now. I have mispellings all the time, most due to typos because I suck with the keyboard. It sucks even more to have to waste time replying to the grammar police.

Did your grade school English teachers let you get away with "it was the pencil's fault", too? :roll:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:11 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    TypeSly wrote:Who cares?? As long as we know who he's talking about .Grammar police were already annoying in the 90's.. thought most of them had faded away by now. I have mispellings all the time, most due to typos because I suck with the keyboard. It sucks even more to have to waste time replying to the grammar police.

Did your grade school English teachers let you get away with "it was the pencil's fault", too? :roll:

What does that have to do with anything? I thought this was a place to talk about football and support our team?
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:12 pm
  • TypeSly wrote:What does that have to do with anything? I thought this was a place to talk about football and support our team?

You're the one blaming the keyboard for most of your spelling and grammatical errors; I was merely responding to that.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:14 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    TypeSly wrote:What does that have to do with anything? I thought this was a place to talk about football and support our team?

You're the one blaming the keyboard for most of your spelling and grammatical errors; I was merely responding to that.

I wasn't blaming the keyboard for anything. I was blaming myself for sucking with the keyboard.

I'll just stick to talking about football, while you patrol the board busting people with spelling errors. Whatever rocks your boat...
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:19 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    TypeSly wrote:Who cares?? As long as we know who he's talking about .Grammar police were already annoying in the 90's.. thought most of them had faded away by now. I have mispellings all the time, most due to typos because I suck with the keyboard. It sucks even more to have to waste time replying to the grammar police.

Did you not read his post? He said who cares. You sound like you are a lot of fun at parties
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 pm
  • Consider this another vote for "I thought this post would be about Tyler Lockett." Two difficult crunch-time TD catches to help win the game? That's as clutch as it comes.

If Lockett wasn't on the Hawks, the team's offense would likely have no way to overcome opposing defenses' focus on shutting down Metcalf. As the TV commentators noted today, this is among the top two wide receiver combos in the league this year. Each helps the other succeed, both directly and indirectly. As a fan, I greatly enjoy watching this unselfish teamwork.
    Somos doces
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:59 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Do you honestly think "clutch" is an accurate way to describe Russell's second-half-of-the-season performance? Just curious if you can be honest with yourself or not.

Dude you need to understand what clutch means. It means comming through when it accounts. Now no one does it all the time. However even this year Wilson has down it more than most. Also I said this year not this half year. I. Curious if you can be honest with yourself, given you tried to change my statement to suite your narrative I doubt it.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:11 am
  • Everyone is quick to hate on RWs play, yet disregards the completely 13 year old madden play calling for most of the game

Some of you literally just rack up your posts with complete nonsense, to be honest
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:45 am
  • Yeah, because him carrying the team on his back, like he has been doing over and over again in the clutch for 9 years doesn't matter. Because it's Russ. He clearly sucks.
    Winning all the time really gets old.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 am
  • John63 wrote:Dude you need to understand what clutch means. It means comming through when it accounts. Now no one does it all the time. However even this year Wilson has down it more than most. Also I said this year not this half year. I. Curious if you can be honest with yourself, given you tried to change my statement to suite your narrative I doubt it.

I did not try to change your narrative. 3rd in game-winning drives or not, he has had far fewer CLUTCH moments this year than he typically does in prior seasons. You're trying to use one statistic to support your narrative while ignoring the larger picture.

balakoth wrote:Everyone is quick to hate on RWs play, yet disregards the completely 13 year old madden play calling for most of the game

Some of you literally just rack up your posts with complete nonsense, to be honest

We've been putting Russell in a poor position to succeed on offense for most of his entire career. It was worse under Bevell than it is under Schottenheimer, though.

To be clear: I think Russell Wilson is an amazing football player and that he has accomplished more than Rodgers and Brady would have under Pete Carroll. That does not make him immune to criticism. Despite the overall stats on the season, Russell just played the poorest half of a season that he has in his entire career.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:00 am
  • potatohead33 wrote:Expected this thread to be about Lockett, really. That dude comes through time and time again.

:ditto:
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:05 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    John63 wrote:Dude you need to understand what clutch means. It means comming through when it accounts. Now no one does it all the time. However even this year Wilson has down it more than most. Also I said this year not this half year. I. Curious if you can be honest with yourself, given you tried to change my statement to suite your narrative I doubt it.

I did not try to change your narrative. 3rd in game-winning drives or not, he has had far fewer CLUTCH moments this year than he typically does in prior seasons. You're trying to use one statistic to support your narrative while ignoring the larger picture.

balakoth wrote:Everyone is quick to hate on RWs play, yet disregards the completely 13 year old madden play calling for most of the game

We've been putting Russell in a poor position to succeed on offense for most of his entire career. It was worse under Bevell than it is under Schottenheimer, though.

To be clear: I think Russell Wilson is an amazing football player and that he has accomplished more than Rodgers and Brady would have under Pete Carroll. That does not make him immune to criticism. Despite the overall stats on the season, Russell just played the poorest half of a season that he has in his entire career.

dude you did I said year you decided to change it to 2nd half. As to the rest I will go with this sentence "To be clear: I think Russell Wilson is an amazing football player and that he has accomplished more than Rodgers and Brady would have under Pete Carroll. "

and leave it at that
    John63
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:28 am
  • Rat wrote:
    potatohead33 wrote:Expected this thread to be about Lockett, really. That dude comes through time and time again.

Yeah, has that guy ever had a bad drop? His body control is absolutely awe-inspiring. I don't know how you even train for that.

You dont. It was a gift from who knows where...truly elite reciever.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:45 am
  • 31 4th quarter and OT comeback wins. Not clutch at all.
    It's always just the Defense and Running game...….. :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Russell Wilson has certainly not been the "clutchest" player in the NFL this year. Talk about rose-colored glasses...

No clue to what youve been watching but in the 4th quarter he absolutely is...Mike Holmgren has said it multiple times and if you don't believe a hall of fame coach who do you believe Donald Duck?

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:37 pm
  • LTH wrote:

No clue to what youve been watching but in the 4th quarter he absolutely is...Mike Holmgren has said it multiple times and if you don't believe a hall of fame coach who do you believe Donald Duck?

LTH

Not saying Holmgren is wrong, but Troy Aikman is in the NFL Hall of Fame and he says some of the stupidest things about the game and players I have ever heard, so not sure it is all that relevant.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:44 pm
  • Welshers wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Did you not read his post? He said who cares. You sound like you are a lot of fun at parties

Perhaps nobody recent knows Roland too well but if you look under his sig
    you will find a clue to who he is.
    He always despises bad grammar and what not by anyone and that includes me.
    John-He simply was putting how it should have read,no offense but that is how
    he has always been.
    Once you see it enough it really isn't worth getting upset about.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:49 pm
  • iigakusei wrote:
    LTH wrote:

LTH

Not saying Holmgren is wrong, but Troy Aikman is in the NFL Hall of Fame and he says some of the stupidest things about the game and players I have ever heard, so not sure it is all that relevant.

well... Ive never heard of anyone comparing Troy to Mike But it's relevant in the since that Mike Holmgren has coached and developed some of the greatest QB's in NFL history... Troy aikman is a clown...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information