Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BS Roughing the Passer call on LJ Collier

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
BS Roughing the Passer call on LJ Collier
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:25 pm
  • That was a BS call against LJ Collier for roughing the passer.

9er player fell on him from behind, and LJ put his feet and hands down to keep his weight off of the QB.

And it led to a 9er score...thanks Refs.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Yeah it was a trashy penalty.

Obvious steering by the refs. Good job NFL
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Happens nearly every game.

Check the Lions Vikings game.

It isn't steering. Just stupidity.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Yeah it was a trashy penalty.

Not to pick on you but the theory that we hear every year from numerous fans from every team is that the NFL is behind some big conspiracy to help the opposing team. If this were the case then how come though all of the decades of NFL play haven't we seen even one person (a ref, coach, time keeper, etc..) come out and say that they were told to go against the rules in favor of a team? Even on their deathbed. Not one that I know of. They either have the best secret handshake ever or.....

It' not true.

People are human and make mistakes. Is what it is.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• seabowl wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Yeah it was a trashy penalty.

Not to pick on you but the theory that we hear every year from numerous fans from every team is that the NFL is behind some big conspiracy to help the opposing team. If this were the case then how come though all of the decades of NFL play haven't we seen even one person (a ref, coach, time keeper, etc..) come out and say that they were told to go against the rules in favor of a team? Even on their deathbed. Not one that I know of. They either have the best secret handshake ever or.....

It' not true.

People are human and make mistakes. Is what it is.

Good point. It just seems to me (average Joe) that the refs made that call to keep the game close. And they do it all the time.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• When a guy does nothing more than just tackle the QB, nothing more.....it is a blatant CHOICE by a ref to help a team out. I don't really buy in to conspiracy crap, but at some point it seems more legit.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• TwistedHusky wrote:Happens nearly every game.

Yeah, that one was a travesty. He literally just tackled the QB for a sack. At first I thought it must have been a facemask but nope, just a normal tackle, no head contact or anything just a nice sack.
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

Oh my gosh, I know. That was terrible. Turned a field goal try into first and goal on the like 2 or something. Completely gave Minnny 4 points.

It's gotten to the point i'd almost prefer a pressure and quick throw away out of bounds to an actual sack cause it's 50/50 you get a roughing call at this point.

Another thing we can hate Aaron Rodgers for.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

I watched that game and both roughing the passers calls on the Lions were complete BS but the second was a complete head scratcher.
    SeaWolv
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:That was a BS call against LJ Collier for roughing the passer.

9er player fell on him from behind, and LJ put his feet and hands down to keep his weight off of the QB.

And it led to a 9er score...thanks Refs.

I agree it was complete BS
    John63
    NET Veteran

That roughing the passer call on the Lions late in the game was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. And it ended up costing the Lions the game. Had they been playing for their playoff lives, this would be all over ESPN today.

It's gotten to the point where you literally cannot touch a QB any longer without risking a penalty. The league really needs to take a look at this during the offseason because it's gotten completely out of hand. What's a defensive player supposed to do? That Lions player did absolutely nothing wrong, and it was not egregious in any way.

I understand wanting to protect QB's who are generally the faces of their franchise, and who are often vulnerable to taking big hits, but it's still football. Let them play the damn game.

Also agree on the Collier penalty which is just further proof that this has gotten completely out of hand.
    Last edited by TraderGary on Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

• Illegal Seahawking

It's exists...….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Illegal Seahawking

It's exists...….

LOL who else here assumed a flag was coming on the big KJ hit on the full back? Im shocked one didn't come.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• We shouldn't have to hold our breath after every play finishes. And it flat out happens
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• gowazzu02 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Illegal Seahawking

It's exists...….

LOL who else here assumed a flag was coming on the big KJ hit on the full back? Im shocked one didn't come.

Definitely thought a flag was coming.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

If it's not steering, explain how nearly every abysmally wrong call in any Packers game (for many years) benefits the Packers rather than their opponent?

Don't get me wrong, stupidity and mistakes definitely happen; but in certain situations, it's not just that.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Hockey Guy wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Illegal Seahawking

It's exists...….

Definitely thought a flag was coming.

:ditto:
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

• What I really hated about that penalty was that Beathard campaigned for it and it came in waaaaay late. Like I understand if it is Tom Brady....
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:We shouldn't have to hold our breath after every play finishes. And it flat out happens

That's so true. And if we're feeling that way, imagine what it's like for the players. This is really bad for the game and needs to be addressed.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

• I think Collier hit Goff in the head with his arm. To me that’s why they flagged him. He went in too high.
    HawkNuts
    NET Veteran

• What irritates me the most I think about these calls is that we have seen hands to the face penalties and facemasks on Russ not called. Even thought it worked out at the end with the Dunlop sack, that Arizona game should have ended with the Hawks kneeling had they called hands to the face on the third down incompletion. The TD on D the Niners scored last year in the MNF came on a play with a blatant facemask in Russ. Then there was the game in Pittsburgh where it turned out because Pete challenged and won for PI but there was a blatent head shot on Russ missed on that play.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• He's been drilled in the head so many times over the years w/out a call, it's pathetic.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information