Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elephant in the room...Russell Wilson

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • hoxrox wrote:All these statements can be true, simultaneously.

1) Russ is a Hall of Fame QB and is the best QB we've ever had.

2) Russ was playing at an Elite Level at the beginning of the season.

3) Russ became a Turn-over machine in the middle of the season.

4) Russ appears to be trending up at the end of the season, however, he is still not playing at an Elite level.

5) Sure, there are many valid or invalid reasons for this.

6) However, we need Russ to be playing at an Elite level for the Hawks to advance to the SB.

That is all.

Not only CAN all of those statements be true simultaneously...they essentially all ARE true...and have been true at different times for essentially his entire career.

He can be abysmal and magical, a turnover machine and a pure champion, he can be elite and he can look like total ass...and he can do all of these things in the SAME GAME. After the 2014 NFCCG against Green Bay, we should all understand this.

Russ is an elite level QB...playing in an offense that doesn't always require it...and when it does require it sometimes has a scheme/gameplan failure that has a tendency to enable Russell to look like a $h!t QB at times. And at times, he's also a $h!t QB in his own right.

But overall, ain't one guy in the NFL I want over this guy in the playoffs. I've felt like this since the 2014 NFCCG.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote::laugh:

No matter what happens... no matter how good the Hawks are... No matter how far they go into the playoffs... No matter if they win the SB... There is ALWAYS going to be a group of people who need to find the negative side of things...

I think it is actually what inspired Pete Carroll to have the current mentality to his philosophy...Carroll has been proving these people wrong his entire career ... It's why he protects his team from the media especially the national media...Its actually a really good thing for the Hawks for the media and everyone else who shows such blatant negativity toward Carrolls team because he uses it to motivate his team... so go ahead have at it world talk him down it just makes him stronger... and makes the naysayers look bad... I actually think its funny as hell...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Yeah, I'm just kind of over talking about the Russ thing. I know I say the same things over and over attempting to make my point. And I've pissed some people off, which has never been my intention. So, I just want to talk football, and less of my smart ass comments when someone is clearly wrong about the team (after they win)
    It's never personal, but I can see where it grinds on people
    Seems funny at the time to point out the wrong doom and gloom predictions, but now I just realize I probably look like an @$$h0le. It's just a message board, and it's just a game. A game I clearly take WAY too personal and seriously :irishdrinkers:

Go Hawks!
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• If only Seahawks player read this forum beside Wagner....So much bulletin-board material.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• LoneHawkFan wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:All these statements can be true, simultaneously.

1) Russ is a Hall of Fame QB and is the best QB we've ever had.

2) Russ was playing at an Elite Level at the beginning of the season.

3) Russ became a Turn-over machine in the middle of the season.

4) Russ appears to be trending up at the end of the season, however, he is still not playing at an Elite level.

5) Sure, there are many valid or invalid reasons for this.

6) However, we need Russ to be playing at an Elite level for the Hawks to advance to the SB.

That is all.

Not only CAN all of those statements be true simultaneously...they essentially all ARE true...and have been true at different times for essentially his entire career.

He can be abysmal and magical, a turnover machine and a pure champion, he can be elite and he can look like total ass...and he can do all of these things in the SAME GAME. After the 2014 NFCCG against Green Bay, we should all understand this.

Russ is an elite level QB...playing in an offense that doesn't always require it...and when it does require it sometimes has a scheme/gameplan failure that has a tendency to enable Russell to look like a $h!t QB at times. And at times, he's also a $h!t QB in his own right.

But overall, ain't one guy in the NFL I want over this guy in the playoffs. I've felt like this since the 2014 NFCCG.

Funny part is all those things can be true of every QB in the league or who has ever played
    John63
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, I'm just kind of over talking about the Russ thing. I know I say the same things over and over attempting to make my point. And I've pissed some people off, which has never been my intention. So, I just want to talk football, and less of my smart ass comments when someone is clearly wrong about the team (after they win)
    It's never personal, but I can see where it grinds on people
    Seems funny at the time to point out the wrong doom and gloom predictions, but now I just realize I probably look like an @$$h0le. It's just a message board, and it's just a game. A game I clearly take WAY too personal and seriously :irishdrinkers:

Go Hawks!

Nice post.

Heres to you

:irishdrinkers:
    John63
    NET Veteran

• I'm not sure if Wilson is the problem or this offence has been found out. You can't just keep relying on the deep pass when teams know about it and set up to defend those deep balls, you have to do something different. To me, it seems like the overeliance on two WRs is the problem, we need to get throwing more to TEs, RBs, throwing more to slow receivers and so on. If a guy like Ramsay is going to match DK on a long run, fine, throw it 8 yards to Dissly or Swain.
    BoltonWanderer
    NET Practice Squad

• I hope we are able to move Russ around a bit tomorrow, half rolls off play-action etc. If the Rams sit back taking the deep play away Russ needs time have those crossing plays that should work develop and changing his launch point can buy that extra time too. I don't now how good the Rams are at covering backs out of the backfield, but if the Rams are taking away the WR's maybe dumps to Carson and Penny can work.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• When discussing Russell's greatness, the sentence needs to begin with, "Once upon a time..."
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:The same Russ who has the 2nd more Touchdown Passes in NFL HISTORY over his first 9 seasons.

Haven’t seen that guy in over 2 months
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information