Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wilson's Interception

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Wilson's Interception
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:31 pm
  • I knew that play where russell throws straight to his left would get intercepted sooner or later like it has in the past. A la 2015 playoff game against the Panthers I hate that play.

Hate when they try those stupid trick screens. That zheet has been scouted a million times by now. People get the early jump & take that ball back for a TD.

Never fails to rear it's ugly head at the worst time.

Did the same against the chargers a few years back &,he threw straight to his left chargers picked it & ran it back to the house

Bears vs seahawks too he throws straight to his left gets picked and ran back to the house .

Cardinals same crap he throws straight to his right picked off ran back to the house
    Last edited by SlickRick on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
    SlickRick
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Wilson's Interception
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:38 pm
  • Reminded me so much of “the play” in that the wr fails to block and the defender splits the screen to pick it off. Also similar in that during the entire year that was the first int defending that play.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:39 pm
  • They said that was the first WR screen picked off all year in the NFL.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:41 pm
  • Swain missed his block. Horrible play,,,,,yes. Wilson fault,,,,,,,not so sure.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:42 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:They said that was the first WR screen picked off all year in the NFL.

The saddest part was it had to happen to Seattle, during the playoffs
    SlickRick
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:42 pm
  • Blame the WR coach.

IF Swain would have attacked his block even half-correctly, or

IF Metcalf would have come to the ball,

the pick would not have happened.

That play was a total execution failure by TWO players.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:44 pm
  • Swain displayed 0 effort on that play
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:47 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Swain missed his block. Horrible play,,,,,yes. Wilson fault,,,,,,,not so sure.

If Swain had blocked,it wouldve been DPI.
    BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:47 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Swain missed his block. Horrible play,,,,,yes. Wilson fault,,,,,,,not so sure.

BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:50 pm
  • BChawkfan wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Swain missed his block. Horrible play,,,,,yes. Wilson fault,,,,,,,not so sure.

No. Blocking before the pass is allowed within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:50 pm
  • Seahawks Vs Chargers 2018 same play , chargers jumped the route ran it back that left throw is kryptonite
    SlickRick
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:22 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:I knew that play where russell throws straight to his left would get intercepted sooner or later like it has in the past. A la 2015 playoff game against the Panthers I hate that play.

Hate when they try those stupid trick screens. That zheet has been scouted a million times by now. People get the early jump & take that ball back for a TD.

Did the same against the chargers a few years back &,he throw straight to his left chargers ran it back to the house

Bears vs seahawks too he throws left gets picked and ran back to the house .

Cardinals same crap he throws straight to his right picked off ran back to the house

The Bubble screen is the worst play call in all of football, yet our clown OC keeps calling it.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:28 pm
  • renofox wrote:Blame the WR coach.

While that may be true. The play never should have been called. Worst play in all of football.

It’s a highschool gimmick play.....high risk, low pay off play. You are giving the DB a free pass to light up your receiver.
    It’s a dumb play on so many levels.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:29 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:I knew that play where russell throws straight to his left would get intercepted sooner or later like it has in the past. A la 2015 playoff game against the Panthers I hate that play.

Did the same against the chargers a few years back &,he throw straight to his left chargers ran it back to the house

The Bubble screen is the worst play call in all of football, yet our clown OC keeps calling it.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:36 pm
  • Eh, no picks off of WR screens all season; no one should have a problem with a play call that gets it out quick to DK. If it doesn’t work, fine, how many plays worked period for is today? RB screen got worked, Wilson was straight terrifying on anything in the middle from the very first drive, roll out got sack snuffed, not enough pass pro for anything deep.

Running more early in the second half I can get behind.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 pm
  • SlickRick wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:They said that was the first WR screen picked off all year in the NFL.

Because the Seahawks are the one team that are coached and prepared poorly enough to fall victim to it. Same with the Patriots in the SB, you can throw your hands up all you want but coaching, effort, and execution create those types of plays.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:44 pm
  • ducks41468 wrote:
    SlickRick wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:They said that was the first WR screen picked off all year in the NFL.

Because the Seahawks are the one team that are coached and prepared poorly enough to fall victim to it. Same with the Patriots in the SB, you can throw your hands up all you want but coaching, effort, and execution create those types of plays.

Film, film, film. Data analysis. I’m left wondering if our coaches still go to games and scribble down scouting notes w a pencil. We’re behind on the analysis front.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:36 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    SlickRick wrote:I knew that play where russell throws straight to his left would get intercepted sooner or later like it has in the past. A la 2015 playoff game against the Panthers I hate that play.

I remember when Bevell use to live and die by that play

What is even more idiotic is why they put someone in like Swain to try and block a huge DB like that, at least put Moore over there or something.
    Polk738
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:39 pm
  • Bubble screens work alot actually. We threw a pick on it. The 1st pick all yr.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Agree 100% on Metcalf

Swain didn't get there because Metcalf took a step BACK instead of coming to the ball. If he comes to the ball then I think Swain is in the right place.

Either way he needs to at least TOUCH the defender...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:58 pm

That was like 99% on Swain. What a pathetic excuse for a block. Ironically, the interception to end our Super Bowl against the Patriots also involved a really $h1tty blocking "attempt" by another WR of ours.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 am
  • I don't know watched that play over and over the Db broke on that play 4 yards deep Russ should have saw him and opted not to throw it did you notice I think it was the 3rd Q and they had the same play and he didn't throw it ran to the right threw it away but that time the DB was about 8yds off.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:18 am
  • Woke up this morning, don't even dare to watch the low lights of this game. I put it in that folder where super bowl 49 lives

The one time I seen it live yesterday was good enough for me
    SlickRick
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information