The rarity of this draft.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I understand not everyone is high on Murphy. Some feel we should have traded back (Vikings/Jaguars trade squashes that thought for me) and some feel we should have picked someone else. I just want to stress how insane what just happened was. There's never been a draft that I'm aware of where the first 14 of 15 players taken were all offensive players. This was literally a once in a lifetime chance to pick the 2nd defensive player off the board when you're picking at #16 (and in a lot of experts eyes the best defensive player).

Think about that, most years you'd need to be top 5 if not top 2 to pull off what the Seahawks did or trade a bunch of capital to move up.

Agree with the pick or not, that was a pretty insane scenario to unfold and I for one am very excited.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Seeing as we had zero real chance to get any of the 3 qbs I would have liked to see the Hawks spend a 1st on, getting a Big Boy of his ilk to wreck shop in the trenches has me excited as HELL to see how this defense rounds into form by the middle of Nov-Dec! These last however many years of Pete's defense has made me nauseous. My son, who has seen nothing but TERRIBLE run defense since he was born was so damn excited he threw something at the big screen! I honestly already had my heart prepped to be let down by John doing some type of fantastical reaching or trading back today. Nope! I love it!

Latest posts