Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still a GREAT season

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Still a GREAT season
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:00 pm
  • So proud of our guys. Won the division for the first time in four years and finished 12-4! Yes I am gutted by the loss but what a fun and great season. It happens in the NFL. Think about Sean Peyton's Saints. They won the SB and haven't gotten back since. But they stayed relevant most years and you don't hear anyone calling for his head. The Hawks can still breakthrough and get another. We need to change schemes and look at some things yes but this is a great team full of great personnel.

Metcalf-Wilson is the most dynamic combo in football. Extend Adams, maybe keep Carson, try to find some late round gems, and run it back. I'd like to get new coordinators but who knows. There's a lot to be excited about and I love these Hawks and am so proud of 12-4 record.

Yes they lost but they played their hearts out out there. We were playing the #1 D in football. Russ wasn't as bad as people seem to think because he had NO time. Overall this was an awesome season with a great team. These guys will make adjustments and run it back. We may go undefeated next year.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Re: Still a GREAT season
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm
  • Honestly no. 9 and 7 and lose in wildcard is cool. A team 12 and 4 and gets smacked at home in the wild card is not.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:11 pm
  • Not a great season. Went all in and crapped the bed. Time to blow it up.
    stang233
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:13 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Honestly no. 9 and 7 and lose in wildcard is cool. A team 12 and 4 and gets smacked at home in the wild card is not.

I feel like I’m an ok judge of when to be all-in and when to be hesitant on a team. I was hesitant at times his season, and then was hesitant about a cpl things leading up to this game...but I felt great about this game going in. But in the back of everyone’s mind is everything negative that we’ve all been reading:

AND IT ALL SHOWED UP TODAY.

Absolutely, extremely disappointed. Extremely.

So....I completely agree with you.
    Last edited by LoneHawkFan on Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:14 pm
  • 1. New coordinators won't make a difference if Pete is still the HC.
    2. Pete might win another NFC West title, but will never coach another team to the NFCCG. A Super Bowl is a pipe dream.
    3. Great effort by the team today? Hardly.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:18 pm
  • It was an okay season. Made the playoffs.

Getting absolutely humiliated by a division rival with a dinged up QB in the wild card game...I mean it’s all subjective so it’s a bit silly of a convo anyhow but while I could get to “good”, “great” is LOL
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:19 pm
  • Predictable season. Although I did think our thumping would be in the divisional round.

Niners are going to win the division next year barring injuries.

We do have the comedy of our first round pick to look forward to.

The rams came pumped and we look half-baked.

Although this ending was beyond obvious and predictable it still is so frustrating. And the zero change going into next year will only add to it.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:29 pm
  • For me, one-and-done is a pretty disappointing season. The defense improved, but the offense regressed.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:39 pm
  • Good not great. When you are 12-4 and a division champ and lost to another division rival, it’s not great. Aim a bit higher.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:42 pm
  • D-. Offense is basically long-term broken at this point and the key culprits (Russ and Pete) are here to stay.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:45 pm
  • Yeah, honestly, I’d have preferred to have lost the division so we’d play WFT..either way, our team wasn’t good enough.

Tbh, I’m extremely worried about our future. Have to sign a lot of big names, probably have to sign Jamal, Carson? shaq? Hmm.

Pete has to make big decisions with our OC..I don’t think Schotty is what we need and we need non injury prone OL(mostly our LG as Mike is always hurt)..I genuinely believe we need a new C..Pocic not good enough.
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:47 pm
  • Welshers...get out of here with the eternal optimism everything's still amazing crap. Only people TRULY adept at fooling themselves feel better for reading it right after a one-and-done playoff loss.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:51 pm
  • Aw Mang wrote:Good not great. When you are 12-4 and a division champ and lost to another division rival, it’s not great. Aim a bit higher.

It's the manner in which we lost that burns the most for me. Absolutely predictable. Anytime we got to 3rd down I knew that we were not going to convert.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:52 pm
  • We couldn't field a defense and offense worth a $h!t one time this season.
    I'm happy for the guys like Collier, Brooks, Amadi, Reed...guys who made big plays at key moments or showed promise that had been questioned.
    But we're feeling exactly like the Cards are right now.

And that is extremely disappointed in not living/playing up to our potential.
    Being a letdown is about as low as you can feel.
    Russ needs to embrace more than sunshine.
    The darkness can also drive motives.
    The Breh
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:53 pm
  • What's the excuse this time?

The talent is there.

Injuries? Man, if only Dallas had been available.

Never has so little been done with so much.

Pete. And he is here through 2025 which means NOTHING will change. But, but we win more games than not! And they all look the same. Frustrating.

Schneider rumors of going off to manage an org where his absolute magic player getting ability isn't frittered away by Pete not listening to anybody but his chewing gum.

Let Pete cook! Who wants oatmeal every time?!?!?!
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:56 pm
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    Aw Mang wrote:Good not great. When you are 12-4 and a division champ and lost to another division rival, it’s not great. Aim a bit higher.

It's the manner in which we lost that burns the most for me. Absolutely predictable. Anytime we got to 3rd down I knew that we were not going to convert.

Yep.

But if it is 3rd and 5 or greater, just throw it up the middle against Pete's soft n gooey defense. Works every time!
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:04 pm
  • you can't go 12-4 win the division go one and done and think this was a good season. RW stunk up the joint since the second half of the season. Let keep it real. Mr. Unlimited
    NY Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:19 pm
  • I disagree, without even making it to Green Bay in the NFC finals, this is definitely a failure.

We haven't won in Green Bay for over 20 years I think?

But we just lost too a guy with a broken thumb who had a trash season. It's not great.

It was great in spirit, I really like our players and their energy and teamwork, enthusiasm, etc... but the end result was really disappointing and bad.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:23 pm
  • We were pretenders plain and simple. Easy schedule covered for the weaknesses on this team. The D gets fixed up a bit and Wilson turns to $h!t the 2nd half of the season. Imo there is next to nothing to be proud of here.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:25 pm
  • Welshers wrote:So proud of our guys. Won the division for the first time in four years and finished 12-4! Yes I am gutted by the loss but what a fun and great season. It happens in the NFL. Think about Sean Peyton's Saints. They won the SB and haven't gotten back since. But they stayed relevant most years and you don't hear anyone calling for his head. The Hawks can still breakthrough and get another. We need to change schemes and look at some things yes but this is a great team full of great personnel.

Metcalf-Wilson is the most dynamic combo in football. Extend Adams, maybe keep Carson, try to find some late round gems, and run it back. I'd like to get new coordinators but who knows. There's a lot to be excited about and I love these Hawks and am so proud of 12-4 record.

Yes they lost but they played their hearts out out there. We were playing the #1 D in football. Russ wasn't as bad as people seem to think because he had NO time. Overall this was an awesome season with a great team. These guys will make adjustments and run it back. We may go undefeated next year.

Honestly if I didn't know you from previous posts I would of thought this was a joke..
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:37 pm
  • ScottishHawk84 wrote:
    Tbh, I’m extremely worried about our future. Have to sign a lot of big names, probably have to sign Jamal, Carson? shaq? Hmm.

I think we need to let get Shaq go, he seems super overrated to me. I think he's a good guy but he's not worth that money if we want to have any chance to compete in the playoffs...

He gets beat A LOT.

He's tied for 37th in receptions allowed by Corner Backs this season. Why should he be paid like a number 1 Corner Back when he is average at best?
    Last edited by Tokadub on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:38 pm
  • Typical blow harts kissing Pete's ass and licking his d*ck. Fans such as this and Seattle media are part of the problem. How long ago was SB win? What have Hawks done since SB Int? You can only cry and use that BS for so long. How anyone can take Pete seriously after SB INT truly laughable and unbelievable. Beast Mode/Sherman/Lynch were all ran out of town for calling out Pete on that crap but instead they were made out to be public enemy #1.

Hawks have a divisional losing streak of how many games. Lost count. In between missing the playoffs altogether one year and losing in the wild card. Back to back seasons of Hawks pissing away 1st round byes. Smiling Pete and his rah rah diva act is so yesterday and played out. This fan base deserves what it gets for being stupid and living in the past glory days.
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:44 pm
  • hawksfansince90 wrote:Typical blow harts kissing Pete's ass and licking his d*ck. Fans such as this and Seattle media are part of the problem. How long ago was SB win? What have Hawks done since SB Int? You can only cry and use that BS for so long. How anyone can take Pete seriously after SB INT truly laughable and unbelievable. Beast Mode/Sherman/Lynch were all ran out of town for calling out Pete on that crap but instead they were made out to be public enemy #1.

Hawks have a divisional losing streak of how many games. Lost count. In between missing the playoffs altogether one year and losing in the wild card. Back to back seasons of Hawks pissing away 1st round byes. Smiling Pete and his rah rah diva act is so yesterday and played out. This fan base deserves what it gets for being stupid and living in the past glory days.

I don't lick anything
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:45 pm
  • Welshers wrote:I don't lick anything

Aside from your own ignorant beliefs, anyways.

Mods, for the love of God, please just lock this thread before I or someone else loses their $**t.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:51 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Welshers...get out of here with the eternal optimism everything's still amazing crap. Only people TRULY adept at fooling themselves feel better for reading it right after a one-and-done playoff loss.

I cannot disagree with this statement.
    Welsher,you are delusional!!!
    BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:56 pm
  • This season was a failure by any measure.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:01 pm
  • The Rams have a better season and didn't win the division. We didn't mortgage the farm to be one and done.
    5thgen
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:02 pm
  • So, I just rejoined this board after like a decade (the last time I posted regularly here was during the waning days of Hasselbeck/Alexander/Holmgren era) just to vent... so, no, I don't feel like it was a GREAT season.

Winning the division again was nice, but to end a season with what was perhaps the most utterly incompetent offensive performance I have seen from a Seahawks team in I don't know how long (possibly ever, and that includes the inexplicable draw against Arizona), there is just no way to call it 'great' with that type of finish.

Further, as the season progressed, we regressed in some obvious ways that might have damaging consequences for the next several seasons. (As some folks posted in another thread, I would not be surprised if Pete lost the locker room AGAIN).

The way we lost the games we lost, ESPECIALLY this one (and even the way we won some of the games during the year) made this season never feel as good as a 12-4 season should feel. It felt like a team that had a lot of pieces just begging to get put into the right places and a coaching staff that never could...
    DarkVictory23
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 pm
  • Welshers wrote:So proud of our guys. Won the division for the first time in four years and finished 12-4! Yes I am gutted by the loss but what a fun and great season. It happens in the NFL. Think about Sean Peyton's Saints. They won the SB and haven't gotten back since. But they stayed relevant most years and you don't hear anyone calling for his head. The Hawks can still breakthrough and get another. We need to change schemes and look at some things yes but this is a great team full of great personnel.

Wrong.

If, as a Seahawks fan, you’re not extremely disappointed after THIS particular loss and everything about it...I just don’t know about ya. The Super Bowl window should have been wide ass open with our health and talent level entering this game. Wide ass open.

We essentially lost 30-13 at home after going 12-4, with a HoF QB and a DPOY candidate. Are you kidding me? We looked like a poorly coached team today, period. There is nothing to be happy about right now.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:06 pm
  • DarkVictory23 wrote:So, I just rejoined this board after like a decade (the last time I posted regularly here was during the waning days of Hasselbeck/Alexander/Holmgren era) just to vent... so, no, I don't feel like it was a GREAT season.

Winning the division again was nice, but to end a season with what was perhaps the ymost utterly incompetent offensive performance I have seen from a Seahawks team in I don't know how long (possibly ever, and that includes the inexplicable draw against Arizona), there is just no way to call it 'great' with that type of finish.

Further, as the season progressed, we regressed in some obvious ways that might have damaging consequences for the next several seasons. (As some folks posted in another thread, I would not be surprised if Pete lost the locker room AGAIN).

The way we lost the games we lost, ESPECIALLY this one (and even the way we won some of the games during the year) made this season never feel as good as a 12-4 season should feel. It felt like a team that had a lot of pieces just begging to get put into the right places and a coaching staff that never could...

100%
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:14 pm
  • Pete’s stubbornness to make any kind of course correction will be the undoing of this team. Burning two first round picks to get the guy to get us to the Super Bowl and we get bounced at home in the Wild Card round while showing our butts the whole game is not a success. It’s an indication of major decline.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:28 pm
  • 2019 Seahawks>2020 Seahawks
    PNW
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:31 pm
  • I want to be positive. I've been positive after most of the season.

But this loss was a gut punch and a culmination of a lot of the doom and gloom posters on here have been bringing up all season.

I agree with you Welshers, but I think we need some time to process what we saw today. Or at least I do... This one hurt
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information