Robert Turbin sums it up nicely.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
This is on Pete and Russ. And I don't think Russ is happy here anymore. You can tell. He's just not the same.

renofox

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":en4gkns9 said:
This is on Pete and Russ. And I don't think Russ is happy here anymore. You can tell. He's just not the same.

Agreed. Would you be happy working in a system that was set up to limit your ability to succeed? Even after you had proved to the boss that a different approach would be much more effective?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
renofox":1jxbzqlb said:
FearTheHawk":1jxbzqlb said:

Agreed. Would you be happy working in a system that was set up to limit your ability to succeed? Even after you had proved to the boss that a different approach would be much more effective?
Ironically, I spent a decade in a job like this through my 20s, and then five-and-a-half years ago I found a new employer that fostered moving up the ladder and letting you take on all that you can handle. I've learned 1,000x more IT knowledge in this time and more than doubled my salary in these 5.5 years. I empathize with your statement on this, lol.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I do not understand why, when we're clearly outmatched in terms of talent on the line, that the one play they think they have is a terrible WR screen and then it's either a simple run, or Russ heaving it downfield.

Put Lockett in the backfield, go empty with a bunch of crosses, fun designed QB runs that don't rely on Pocic to tackle another linemen, let Carson do something other than fall up the middle for 2 yards.

Lawke

Reaction score
i still remember how surprised i was during the first game when i saw that really cool QB option they ran with tyler motioning across as the snap happened and then moving to russ left and it led to a big gain because it completely froze the defender because he was forced to choose on the fly who to stop. Just thinkin about how we never really ran that kind of stuff and how exciting it was to see new wrinkles coming out as that game had quick passing and even effective screen plays....flash forward to the end of the season...and there wasnt really anything like that to be found. Disappointing.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Turbin was the definition of a non-dynamic player.

While he may be correct in his assessment I find that very hilarious that out of all the ex offensive Seahawks players the most non-dynamic player who had no range of his play other than to clumsily run forward and trip over his own feet (literally every game) is giving his opinion haha.

Kinda like Penny honestly...

He might be right though haha... it's awkward either way.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
The only thing that I have noticed all year with the play calling is that every single passing play seems to take forever to develop. When you don’t have an elite o line that doesn’t work!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
It's hard to not agree when fans can predict over 50% of the plays. Try it; it's not hard. Extrapolate that to an NFL defense system and then expect those plays to work.

Msfann

Reaction score
We have seen guys for years get upset about the vanilla play calling. I think Turbin just took one for the team and said publicly what others have known for years. I'm glad he said this.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It's harder to be dynamic when we don't have players like Alvin Kamara or Deebo Samuel. I would not say our players are "dynamic"

Carson is good, but we need a speed guy to complement his running style, and keep defenses guessing. Otherwise it is too predictable.

renofox

Reaction score
hoxrox":cjl1putg said:
It's harder to be dynamic when we don't have players like Alvin Kamara or Deebo Samuel. I would not say our players are "dynamic"

Carson is good, but we need a speed guy to complement his running style, and keep defenses guessing. Otherwise it is too predictable.

DK and Lockett are 2 of the most dynamic players in the game when given the opportunity. Players do not make the gameplan flat and predictable, coaches do.

If your coaching style requires every position be filled with top 5 players, with many positions requiring top 1-2 players. then your coaching style will not work in the NFL.

It worked once for Pete when he put together the best roster, by far, in the NFL. But that is not re-pete-able.

hoxrox

Reaction score
renofox":1nzg70ku said:
hoxrox":1nzg70ku said:

DK and Lockett are 2 of the most dynamic players in the game when given the opportunity. Players do not make the gameplan flat and predictable, coaches do.

If your coaching style requires every position be filled with top 5 players, with many positions requiring top 1-2 players. then your coaching style will not work in the NFL.

It worked once for Pete when he put together the best roster, by far, in the NFL. But that is not re-pete-able.

Yeah the passing game can be dynamic. But the running game is not dynamic at all. And against teams like the Rams, who can make you one-dimensional, we need a dynamic running game.

Tubafor

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Turbin is close friends with Russ. He could be voicing something that's been discussed between them.

PNW

Reaction score
Pete will always take away any creative or dynamic play calling and force his way on the organization, as long as Pete’s here that’s never gonna change.

John63

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":14b09ct1 said:

So if Russ is not happy here which I agree that should tell you it is not on Russ. This si all PC

LTH

Reaction score
John63":ipx2v8z1 said:
FearTheHawk":ipx2v8z1 said:

So if Russ is not happy here which I agree that should tell you it is not on Russ. This si all PC

Ok now there is this thing that Russ is not happy in Seattle? do you have ANYTHING to back that up? I don't know if Russ is not happy because he has not said one word to indicate that... I'm not sitting in the meetings with PC and I have not heard one reporter say anything that suggests this to be true...

Please post your source

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
PNW":2d8n9ox4 said:
Pete will always take away any creative or dynamic play calling and force his way on the organization, as long as Pete’s here that’s never gonna change.

I'm not going to argue that there is more work to be done with the O because I think that's true... they need to be tougher in the trenches to be able to compete with the Rams because that's where the Rams beat the Hawks in the trenches..

How ever... the assertion that PC will always take away any creative or dynamic play calling and force his way on the organization is an assumption that is backed up by nothing but emotional rhetoric...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":bx6jxu78 said:
PNW":bx6jxu78 said:

I'm not going to argue that there is more work to be done with the O because I think that's true... they need to be tougher in the trenches to be able to compete with the Rams because that's where the Rams beat the Hawks in the trenches..

How ever... the assertion that PC will always take away any creative or dynamic play calling and force his way on the organization is an assumption that is backed up by nothing but emotional rhetoric...

LTH

Actually it is backed up by past precedent. 2015 loose Lynch we get creative and are killing it, get lynch back we go back to same old

this year same thing we were killing it, we made no adjustments, we went back to same old

You can see it in almost every season since 2015 were we let it loose a little only to pull it back.

PC says he wants to run, and throw long and hates short passes. He wants to lien up and out execute the other team. That in itself does not allow creativity.

PNW

Reaction score
LTH":x8avz2g3 said:
PNW":x8avz2g3 said:

LTH
I can say the same thing about your assumptions, the fact is that you can’t prove or disprove either scenario. No offense but I’ll side with a former player suggesting it’s coaching. Based on the fact that two OC’s have had the same exact style of play calling and issues, combined with the success during the first 5 games this year when PC back off, followed by the regression after week 5 when PC stepped in and influenced the offense again with his style of Pete ball, only leads me to believe it’s PC.