Is it 0%

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Deep down I’m begging for a change. Listening to these press conferences and comments from Pete, it’s just time for him to be let go. Get out. Ride off. Tip the hat. Go!

My question is, is it 0% that he’s let go or is there a chance upper management (Jody Allen) is truly listening to the fans while his perceived approach and may decide to cut ties? If it is anything other than 50/50 (unless he’s let go) we are in for a long haul with this stuff.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm afraid that Jody is just going to be way hands off when it comes to the team, and just let things happen.

I hope I'm wrong, but losing Paul (rest in peace) was really losing a leader for this club. Id be shocked if she made any kind of a change.

OP
OP
PateratoWilson

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Jerhawk":30kxg0ry said:
I'm afraid that Jody is just going to be way hands off when it comes to the team, and just let things happen.

I hope I'm wrong, but losing Paul (rest in peace) was really losing a leader for this club. Id be shocked if she made any kind of a change.

In essence Pete is driving the boat. Scary.

Not going to be shocked if Schneider leaves.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Typo: I meant to say "the" leader, not "a" leader.

Paul was the captain. Now Pete is the captain

Hopefully Bert Kolde, Chris McGowan or Chuck Arnold can have some say on what goes on.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The 5 year extension Pete got tells me the ownership knows little about actual football and is interested even less. Money intake is still there so why not. The Titanic took over 2 hours to sink and thats how it feels with the team right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1l3ox097 said:
The 5 year extension Pete got tells me the ownership knows little about actual football and is interested even less. Money intake is still there so why not. The Titanic took over 2 hours to sink and thats how it feels with the team right now.
Yep. Like it or not Pete is here until he decides to retire.

evergreen

Reaction score
Why would they want to get rid of the best coach Seattle ever had? He wasn't holding the ball forever and staring down receivers. It's not like he said, "Don't just get a first down wait and throw to someone who is wide open," He is the only coach to go through the season with no Covid. That's freaking huge. He has created a great place for players to want to be and turn into good people. The owners don't care that you're all butt hurt. We're all butt hurt. This D with the early offense? Now you're talking 2012-2013 good. Russ usually fades late in season and in playoffs (not counting 2012-2014) If you've been watching you knew Russell has been wrong for quite a while. Without elite QB play we aren't going far. My God, Russell got out played a guy with half a hand practically. I don't think that is part of Pete's plan. Russell was awesome earlier but not now. We can only hope it's fixable. It's way more a Russell Wilson problem than Pete Carrol problem.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2by7xn28 said:

chris98251

Reaction score
evergreen":2sxv2z88 said:
Why would they want to get rid of the best coach Seattle ever had? He wasn't holding the ball forever and staring down receivers. It's not like he said, "Don't just get a first down wait and throw to someone who is wide open," He is the only coach to go through the season with no Covid. That's freaking huge. He has created a great place for players to want to be and turn into good people. The owners don't care that you're all butt hurt. We're all butt hurt. This D with the early offense? Now you're talking 2012-2013 good. Russ usually fades late in season and in playoffs (not counting 2012-2014) If you've been watching you knew Russell has been wrong for quite a while. Without elite QB play we aren't going far. My God, Russell got out played a guy with half a hand practically. I don't think that is part of Pete's plan. Russell was awesome earlier but not now. We can only hope it's fixable. It's way more a Russell Wilson problem than Pete Carrol problem.

Russell is a Corporate guy, if they said just go play it may be a case of more turnovers sure, but more points as well, coaching him to read and throw versus hold for the splash play that Pete wants in a Window that won't create a turnover, Russell is second guessing and playing it safe.

No wonder he looked terrible the last 3rd of the season.

Also why we don't see crossing routes, or deep slants when Pete is dictating the offense. That WR bubble screen was telegraphed and every team has seen it, not a surprise it was picked.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Without Wilson he’s basically Dennis Erickson. But our fan base defends lackluster game prep, harps on an aging championship like Niners and Cowboys fans, and settles for playoff irrelevancy because at least we got there.

Losing to the Rams was unpleasant, but coming out in a funk and getting punched in the mouth aggravates me. We have seen it before too.

At least I can keep watching the past the line of scrimmage challenge and blowing up. That one sums up Pete Carroll.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1wkb0ggh said:
pittpnthrs":1wkb0ggh said:

The problem is he could end up kicking himself upstairs and hiring a HC and GM who will only do his biding until he dies or the team is sold. That could mean PC here for another 10-15 years. That isn't a pretty sight in my book.

The only saving grace will be new ownership, whenever that happens. I'm actually very surprised PA's estate still owns any sports team today. This couldn't have been his plan.

Latest posts