Todd Monkey prospective O.C.?

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's currently the O.C. for the Georgia Bulldogs but has had success in the NFL.

1. Monken joins the Browns from Tampa Bay, where he helped orchestrate the best passing offense in the league. The Buccaneers also boasted the third-best total offense in the league despite alternating between Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starting quarterback. Both quarterbacks posted career highs in completion percentage and quarterback rating under Monken this year, and Fitzpatrick also threw for the most yards per attempt of his career.

grounded in the college game, where he's spent 23 of his 28 years as a coach. He's a disciple of the Air-Raid offense, the pass-heavy attack Baker Mayfield mastered at Oklahoma, 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/5- ... odd-monken

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
BRYAN DRISKOLL

There is another name that has been floated, and that is former Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oklahoma State offensive coordinator, and Southern Miss head coach Todd Monken

THE MONKEN RESUME

In Monken's final game coordinating the LSU pass attack the Tigers racked up 332 passing yards on 21 of 34 attempts in a 41-14 Sugar Bowl victory over Notre Dame.

Monken returned to college in 2011 when he was tasked with running the Oklahoma State offense. The Cowboys had the best two-year stretch of offense of the Mike Gundy era, and it's not even close.

* - Avg. stats from 2015, 2017-19 .       ** - Avg. stats from 2015, 2018-19

What is most impressive about his stint at Oklahoma State is what he did in his second season. The Cowboys went 12-1 in 2011 (his first season), averaging 48.7 points per game and 549.8 yards per game and 7.24 yards per play. 

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/fo ... odd-monken

KillerB

Reaction score
Sure, I'd be down for Monken. Diverse offense, passes all over the field but doesn't ignore the run. I remember a quote from him about, "I don't like boring, I like big plays".