Quarterback options for 2024

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
His upside is WAY higher than Geno's ever was and/or will be.
I don't know. I think Geno had a lot of unrealized potential. His arm was pretty special and he did lead one of the best college passing attacks of all time. Just wasn't mature enough and went to a bad team.

Penix also has quite the gifted arm. I actually think Geno's a really good comp from a few different perspectives.

They do have mechanical differences. Geno was much more classic in his playstyle. Compact stance, quick release. Very west coast. Penix is a little more slingery with a catapult for an arm. Penix has the advantage on arm strength, but Geno was better at the timing and short passing game.

Theoretically, I'd consider them similar in upside if we're talking about comparing Penix to Geno as he was coming into the league. Just different brands of upside.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It def. flies out of his hands. Looks effortless. Often, he would overthrow a guy early but had an incredible knack of coming right back to the same guy next series for a ridiculous TD pass.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’ve now heard three people who are well respected say Penix does things with his arm that only a handful of guys in the NFL can do. That is a special arm. It’s yet to be seen how his whole game translates but he’s in rarified air as far as arm talent.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I’ve now heard three people who are well respected say Penix does things with his arm that only a handful of guys in the NFL can do. That is a special arm. It’s yet to be seen how his whole game translates but he’s in rarified air as far as arm talent.
Oh, this is absolutely true. Nobody in the world could knock that dudes arm talent. It is immediately a top 10 arm in the NFL the moment he enters the league, and probably top 5. I'd put him behind Mahomes, Allen, maybe about the same as Herbert.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind throwing a mid-round pick in the direction of the Commanders for Sam Howell. Took a lot of hits last year, but I think it'd be a great chance to buy low on a young QB who clearly has an NFL arm.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind throwing a mid-round pick in the direction of the Commanders for Sam Howell. Took a lot of hits last year, but I think it'd be a great chance to buy low on a young QB who clearly has an NFL arm.
Holy ****! Does anyone else have something they want me to wish into being, since it's apparently my day?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Holy ****! Does anyone else have something they want me to wish into being, since it's apparently my day?
Ugh. I don't think anyone is jumping for joy that you were correct.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Here's a question for someone on here that probably knows the answer. It comes up on my phone constantly about Fields and how the Hawks should take him. If he was a good QB why do the Bears even want to trade him?.
Is there some sort of a Fields fan club or is he an outstanding QB?.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Here's a question for someone on here that probably knows the answer. It comes up on my phone constantly about Fields and how the Hawks should take him. If he was a good QB why do the Bears even want to trade him?.
Is there some sort of a Fields fan club or is he an outstanding QB?.
He has 'upside', I.E. people think because he's a good athlete that with the right team/playcalling/situation he will also become a good QB. As is implied by that situation, no, he is not a good QB now.

In fact, he's been a pretty bad QB based upon both the numbers and the eye test. The Bears want to trade him because they have the #1 pick and would like to draft (assumedly) Caleb Williams and want to try and get something out of Justin because it's not going to be a good locker room situation to have Fields still sitting there when the team has moved on.