UFA Rams Targets for Hawks

nwHawk

Reaction score
Given Waldron and Dickerson are now in Seattle, there are three interesting UFA free agents that the Hawks could consider bringing in. Greg Everett, Malcom Brown and Josh Reynolds. All three have had their moments against Seattle, but none should be too expensive.

Anyone want to kick the tires on these guys?

getnasty

Reaction score
Brown would be interesting runs the ball hard but just never seemed like he got a shot there but was always in the mix.

Teahawks

Reaction score
I've always thought Everett was underrated, well, or at least had untapped talent. He always seemed to come up with a clutch catch against the Hawks.

But we don't really use tight ends here well lately. He'd be an upgrade over Hollister though.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I suspect you are not alone in thinking that about how we “used the TEs the last couple of years” and projecting forward. However, with two new coaches, and a different fresh mindset coming in shouldn’t there be a consideration on how Waldron and Dickerson might tweak things? They just gave Hickbee a big contract so Everett might be forced to move on, and Brown is a vet back and those (like Mike Davis) seem to be easier to replace with rookies if you already have a young stud in the stable. At WR, there is DK, Lockett (potential trade chip due to contract), and nothing. So I’d expect some changes there for sure.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Our UFAs on offense are:

RB - Malcolm Brown - does everything at about an average rate, nothing exceptionally well
WR - Josh Reynolds
TE - Gerald Everett
C/G - Austin Blythe

All four were whipping boys for Rams fans this year, but Blythe and Reynolds were basically starters for us in the playoffs and Super Bowl in 2018. Reynolds is a good number two/three guy with an elite QB.

Everett - man before this year I was his biggest fan. The Rams value run blocking so much that he couldn't pass Higbee on the depth chart, but he was a monster threat for us before this year. He had the game winning TD against the Chiefs and had arguably the biggest play of the NFCCG against the Saints, making a huge catch and run on 3rd down that led us to tie the game.

But last year he made a nearly unforgivable play - week 5 in Seattle, that insane INT that y'all had late in the game, that was almost immaculate? Everett was WIDE OPEN and it just bounced off his hands. I forgave him because we got the ball back and ultimately he wasn't why we lost.

But this year he really struggled with drops - I think it was pressure because it was a contract year, and there's almost no way the Rams re-sign him unless nobody offers him anything.

Reynolds was one of those guys who we didn't quite understand McVay's love for him. I'm thinking it had to be good practice habits, run blocking and his hands.

Blythe was awful this year at C, no two ways about it. But he did start at guard for us in a Super Bowl.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blythe and Everett ended up in Seattle. I don't think Reynolds is any better than David Moore, so I doubt Seattle kicks the tires there unless they lose a WR.

I think both guys will be cheap with the cap coming down a bit and teams not being willing to pay exorbitant amounts for potential this year.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I know Everett had a rough year or so, but he could be worth an incentive-laden deal. He's still young, he knows the offense, and he is definitely a plus athlete as a receiver. He has a lot of the explosive and length traits that Seattle seems to prioritize (though, his hand-size probably isn't in their ideal range for someone his height):

Arm Length: 33.00 inches
Hand Size: 8.50 inches (Russell's freakish hands are 10.25")
Wingspan: 79.750 inches
40 Yard Dash: 4.62 seconds

20 Yard Split: 2.67 seconds
10 Yard Split: 1.61 seconds
Vertical Leap: 37.5 inches
Broad Jump: 126 inches

20 Yd Shuttle: 4.33 seconds
Three Cone: 6.99 seconds

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1wgsma1d said:
Our UFAs on offense are:

RB - Malcolm Brown - does everything at about an average rate, nothing exceptionally well
WR - Josh Reynolds
TE - Gerald Everett
C/G - Austin Blythe

All four were whipping boys for Rams fans this year, but Blythe and Reynolds were basically starters for us in the playoffs and Super Bowl in 2018. Reynolds is a good number two/three guy with an elite QB.

Everett - man before this year I was his biggest fan. The Rams value run blocking so much that he couldn't pass Higbee on the depth chart, but he was a monster threat for us before this year. He had the game winning TD against the Chiefs and had arguably the biggest play of the NFCCG against the Saints, making a huge catch and run on 3rd down that led us to tie the game.

But last year he made a nearly unforgivable play - week 5 in Seattle, that insane INT that y'all had late in the game, that was almost immaculate? Everett was WIDE OPEN and it just bounced off his hands. I forgave him because we got the ball back and ultimately he wasn't why we lost.

But this year he really struggled with drops - I think it was pressure because it was a contract year, and there's almost no way the Rams re-sign him unless nobody offers him anything.

Reynolds was one of those guys who we didn't quite understand McVay's love for him. I'm thinking it had to be good practice habits, run blocking and his hands.

Blythe was awful this year at C, no two ways about it. But he did start at guard for us in a Super Bowl.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blythe and Everett ended up in Seattle. I don't think Reynolds is any better than David Moore, so I doubt Seattle kicks the tires there unless they lose a WR.

I think both guys will be cheap with the cap coming down a bit and teams not being willing to pay exorbitant amounts for potential this year.

Good feedback. Heck, I’ll take Reynolds over Moore and Everett over Hollister in a NY minute.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
nanomoz":vti5fe9i said:
I know Everett had a rough year or so, but he could be worth an incentive-laden deal. He's still young, he knows the offense, and he is definitely a plus athlete as a receiver. He has a lot of the explosive and length traits that Seattle seems to prioritize (though, his hand-size probably isn't in their ideal range for someone his height):

Arm Length: 33.00 inches
Hand Size: 8.50 inches (Russell's freakish hands are 10.25")
Wingspan: 79.750 inches
40 Yard Dash: 4.62 seconds

20 Yard Split: 2.67 seconds
10 Yard Split: 1.61 seconds
Vertical Leap: 37.5 inches
Broad Jump: 126 inches

20 Yd Shuttle: 4.33 seconds
Three Cone: 6.99 seconds

Dude is a monster after the catch too. I've always liked him and thought as a TE1 with a great QB, he could be a top TE.